Info on Chapman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pliang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted into Chapman's PT program and am strongly considering going there. I was wondering if anyone can provide me with some feedback about their program, both positive and negative. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

first off congratulations on your acceptance, that's definitely an accomplishment. You should probably take a trip to chapman to get your own personal experience of the school and what not if possible.

I too got accepted last year but decided to go elsewhere. From what I recollect (you can search this forum for "Advice Please" which is what I posted when I was trying to make my decision) it's a great program that's been in exsistence for a while. They recently (within 5 years or so) built a new building which houses the PT department and students have access to their resources 24/7. The area is a small town in orange county.

One reason as to why I chose not to attend Chapman was primarily due to the cost of attendance. I've copy/pasted the email i got from Serena regarding the cost of attendance for each year and it was pretty ridiculous as to how much in loans you'd have to take. Fall:
Books $880
Wellness fee $78
Student Health Insurance $190
APTA dues $150
Equipment $250
Copies $100
Hepatitis B Vaccination $100
CPR $40
TB Test $5
Tetanus $20
Parking $74

Spring:
Books $745
Wellness fee $78
Copies $100
Hepatitis B Vaccination $50
Travel for 2 wk clinical $150
Parking $74

Summer:
Books $830
Wellness fee $78
Parking $74
Copies $100
.Total $4,546.

That breakdown was only for books and fees. so add the tuition of 29k which I think Serena says increases 3-5% each year and that's A LOT of loan money to take out. I recall asking around for any scholarships and/or fellowships which may be available and I believe they give it to the top 5 (?) students admitted.

I'm attending CSUN and although the facilities aren't as new with that of the other private schools, I feel that my education is up to par with them. Whatever your decision may be good luck in your future and enjoy your time in pt school!

Thanks for your input! I did check out the school yesterday and it was nice. I'm still waiting to hear back from CSUN. The cost is defintely a concern to me. So if I get into CSUN, then I'm probably going to go there.

Yeah I loved the campus, it was just out of my budget. Hope you have good luck hearing from the other schools. BTW what other schools did you apply to? and what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?