Information regarding GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkishking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm transferring after a year and I have a pretty solid GPA. It's still early to say something, but the way I'm going is well. If I manage to maintain around a 3.7 or 3.6, would I calculate that for my GPA next year? Or do I start on a clean slate? I'm sorry if it's a little confusing to understand.

Members don't see this ad.

Every class you have attended at a post-secondary school will appear on your AMCAS transcript.
No clean slate for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Every class you have attended at a post-secondary school will appear on your AMCAS transcript.
No clean slate for you.

I see, thank you.. no clean slate for me. Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
You won't have a clean slate with AMCAS, but you may have one at the institution you are transferring to. Most award transfer credit that does not go into that institution's GPA calculations. That won't impact AMCAS at all (they calculate their own GPA based on all of your transcripts), but you effectively have a clean slate as far as the new school is concerned.

What's more important? cGPA or sGPA? Let's say my sGPA is a 3.3 and my cGPA is a 3.6 is that bad

sGPA is most important (10/10). cGPA is very important (9.2/10).

Numbers are arbitrary, but you get the point.

Well, considering sGPA is comprised of Bio, Chem, Biochem, Phys, etc. I'd imagine that being emphasized more in admissions. That's not to say cGPA is not important, but definitely excel in all science courses.

I'm transferring after a year and I have a pretty solid GPA. It's still early to say something, but the way I'm going is well. If I manage to maintain around a 3.7 or 3.6, would I calculate that for my GPA next year? Or do I start on a clean slate? I'm sorry if it's a little confusing to understand.
No offense but how are you getting a 3.7 when you post a new thread about failing a different class every week?

And if you're struggling that much what leads you to believe you'll do better at the better school you're trying to transfer to?

I think it's time to settle down and get to work rather than concern yourself with superfluous things that you post about all the time. The vast majority of people don't end up at their top choices, and they get over it.

Reactions: 1 users