Interested in getting a little insight into the life of an optometry student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optogrl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey pre-optometry folks! I'm currently a first-year student at Pacific. At the beginning of the school year I created a blog to recount my own experiences as an optometry student. I was just thinking about how SDN was a tremendously helpful resource when I was applying, and it finally dawned on me that people here might be interested in reading my blog. So if you think it might be helpful/interesting/whatever to check it out, you can find it at http://opto-girl.blogspot.com.

Best of luck with applications and interviews!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, so cool. I have read half of it so far.you seriously are a good writer indeed. Ps. I am applying for the next cycle (summer 20011) and I am from the land of the Ice and Cold, Canada.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing this optogirl! I read through everything and it was a great insight (i especially like the posts with your kitty!) Keep up the awesome work!
:claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your kind words and for reading! I'm so glad I could be of some help. And yes, the cat is totally my sidekick, haha.

I'm in undergrad, but I also started a blog for my journey to opto school. I "followed" you so you should be able to view mine. Mine is nowhere as exciting though.....yet ;-)

Thanks for posting this. I'll be starting optometry school next fall and it's been very interesting seeing what I might expect. Keep it up!
:thumbup:

Thanks! I graduated in Spring 2010.

awesome blog!! thanks for posting, im super excited to start my first yr next fall
good luck with everything!

Thanks for writing, Ill be going out to pacific next year from Illinois and it has been really nice to hear a little bit about how it all works out there!

I love the blog, but can I make a request? :-D I'd love to hear more about the financial aspects of being an opt student, if it's not too personal to write about.

I love the blog, but can I make a request? :-D I'd love to hear more about the financial aspects of being an opt student, if it's not too personal to write about.
Oooh, great idea! Yes, I would be happy to write a post specifically about the financial side of things. It'll have to wait til next week, though, when I'm on spring break and can catch my breath!

Done and done! Thanks for the great idea. Let me know if this was what you were looking for.

Thanks for the posts. I'll be out at PUCO in August so a sneak-peak is way fun.

Hi everyone! I plugged my blog a while back, but I thought I'd come back and do it again for people who are interested but never saw it before. I just started my 3rd year in optometry school and have been keeping a blog recounting my experiences since day 1. I also try to do a segment called "Q&A Sunday" each week where I answer questions that readers submit to me. If you're curious to get an idea of one person's experience in optometry school, the link is http://opto-girl.blogspot.com. Thanks for reading, and good luck with your endeavors!

Hey I was interested in reading your blog but it says its open by invite only!