Interested in UW..do I stand a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Granted, I'm a year away from this...but is there any point in applying? I'm from PA.

Members don't see this ad.

Granted, I'm a year away from this...but is there any point in applying? I'm from PA.

Wisconsin or Washington?

Also you provided literally 0 information about yourself other than you being OOS.

The rundown:
3.72 cGPA, 3.81 sGPA (approximate)
Pending MCAT (August 7th)
PA resident

White Female

FWIT, I also plan on putting disadvantaged on the application. If you knew anything about my childhood, you'd agree.
Clinical:
~225 hours direct patient care for nursing clinicals (nursing homes and oncology unit)
~1000+ hours as a pharmacy technician, PTCB certified

Shadowing:

~54 hours shadowing a Pediatrician, Primary Care doctor, Orthopedic surgeon, Ophthalmologist/retinal surgeon (DO)

Non-clinical Volunteering:
~60+ hours volunteering with a no-kill dog rescue (on AMCAS I put over about 200 hours, since that's what it could be by the time I would matriculate in 2015)

Tutoring/Leadership:
-Two years as a TA for economics (around 400 hours)- includes tutoring, exam proctoring, grading, etc .
I was basically in charge of running the class Facebook page and organizing reviews for exams, and helping with homework

Honors:
-Alpha Epsilon Delta - participated in about 14 hours of volunteering with Red Cross and Autism Speaks in the month I was a member (nationally inducted, if that means anything..)
-Deans List (likely won't list this on AMCAS)
-Student Marshal at commencement
Research:
Tiny amount of hypothesis-based research - one semester, maybe 40 hours

Others/hobbies:
-PADI open water diver
-Pep Band (1 year, about 40 hours)

I also plan on volunteering at an organization that benefits underserved children in the area starting soon.

Wisconsin or Washington?

Also you provided literally 0 information about yourself other than you being OOS.

Washington.