International Student ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolboy16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.
I need help. Do you know which all schools accept international student. By International I mean from another country but studying in US. That is I have come to US straight after completing my high school from India. And I am thinking of getting a Bachelors degree and then apply to med schoool. But I was shocked when I came to know that hardly any med schools accept students on F1 Status. The minimum requirement is that you should have a green card.

What do i do now. Is there any solution to this. Does med schools consider you if you complete your bachelors from US being on F1.

Members don't see this ad.

Id you don't have a ****ing permanent residency, getting into a U.S medical school is hard as hell. But I'm on this sinking boat.

Gettin into med school is hard, gettin in as an international student is even harder, trust me I know what i'm saying.
But its possible...but you NEED to be at the top of your game - Grades wise, MCAT wise, research wise, EC's wise and everything else inbetween.
Its possible, but very hard. I shld have a list of schools on my PC that accept internationals, but i'll hav to look for it, plus u're still in high school so you have a ways to go before all this stuff.
I came via your route too, strictly F1 so I know that the process IS hell esp since u're international.
But its very doable. Trust me on that one.