Interpreting AAMC Sample Test Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TwoHighways

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's not as reliable as a scaled score full length, but I'd appreciate any input you could provide regarding how my performance might translate to a scaled score based on the percentage of questions I got right in each section. See the attached image.

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 2.45.23 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

These percentages are so much higher than anything I've done previously. Thrilled with my performance. Just don't know if the sample test seems easier or not compared to the AAMC scaled score full lengths.

These percentages are so much higher than anything I've done previously. Thrilled with my performance. Just don't know if the sample test seems easier or not compared to the AAMC scaled score full lengths.

It’s comparable to the others. Not easier or harder in my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
511! Well, according to the next step spreadsheet! Thrilled! Just need to hammer down on the psych/soc and stay on top of stuff I already know in other areas and continue to work on weak areas. Seriously, a 125 in psych/soci leaves room for a lot of improvement. I did start to feel some fatigue (even though I finished the section with 20 mins to spare), but it felt I was lacking in content on a lot of it.

Be aware that the cars score is inflated. Also a bunch of the bio passages came from the old aamc fl 1/2 that came out in 1990/1 which makes it not that great either. The other fls are more accurate.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve got one more AAMC FL to take (#2), which I’ll get to in about a week from now. Still need to put in a lot of work, but my goodness, to improve from the 500 and 501 I turned in when I started and after a month of studying is such a relief and confidence builder going into my test August 2nd.

idt sample is very predicative... I got a 515 on sample -> 512 on real deal but my real deal was avg of other fls

Sample test is much easier than AAMC FL and actual MCAT, in material and scaling. But a 511 isn't a bad score. I got a 515 on the sample about 4 months before my actual MCAT, got a 517 on that (after a lot more practice and 13 more FL's). So good job!