Interview at KYCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureopt17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a virtual interview coming up at KYCO on Monday (11/16).

Has anyone else interviewed here? What was your experience? What questions did they ask? Any last minute suggestions?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! How long did it take to hear back from them? I’ve noticed I received a call from a senior admissions director but he didn’t leave a message. I submitted mine 3-4 weeks ago

hey I went to at Upike, and I have a little bit of knowledge on what they can potentially ask. Be prepared to answer "why optometry, and not medical school?" I know a lot of prospects who are asked that in the interview. I would also focus on "selling yourself," that is what's recommended from the faculty/staff at KYCO. If there is any courses that you struggled in, or your OAT was not super high they could bring that up. (Not saying you do, I'm just giving some advice so you can be prepared) Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! How long did it take to hear back from them? I’ve noticed I received a call from a senior admissions director but he didn’t leave a message. I submitted mine 3-4 weeks ago
Hey, it took me about 3 weeks to receive an invitation from KYCO. I would call the admissions office to ask for an update.

Reactions: 1 user
hey I went to at Upike, and I have a little bit of knowledge on what they can potentially ask. Be prepared to answer "why optometry, and not medical school?" I know a lot of prospects who are asked that in the interview. I would also focus on "selling yourself," that is what's recommended from the faculty/staff at KYCO. If there is any courses that you struggled in, or your OAT was not super high they could bring that up. (Not saying you do, I'm just giving some advice so you can be prepared) Hope this helps.
Good luck!
Thank you very much!