KYCO INTERVIEW ADVICE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubes08

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I am interviewing with KYCO on 02/10/21. After doing some research and seeing the NBEO pass rate be so low it is a little concerning. I was wondering if any current students could tell me how they feel about their overall quality of education and do they feel prepared for NBEOs/real-life practice? and for those who have already interviewed any advice on what to expect? how was the faculty? what was the vibe?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I just got accepted to KYCO. The interview was very laid back with two faculty members. They both will have your application pull up on their screen. My OAT score was low so they asked about that. If you log into the interview early, Mr. David will slightly go over your application with you. The interview itself was very conversational and relaxing. They were very friendly and informative. I got a chance to visit campus back in Nov and I thought it was beautiful, but the town was very small. I really like them!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's awesome! Thank you for replying and sharing! If you don't mind me asking what was your OAT score? Mine is on the low end too..did they ask for you to retake it? Feel free to PM me. 😊

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you share who you had your interview with? I have one on Monday coming up! I’m also curious if they asked you to retake the OAT.

They didn’t ask me to retake my OAT, but they did asked me what happened because it didn’t reflect my GPA/performance during undergraduate. & if it’ll be a problem in the future. I have 3.59/3.45. I interviewed with Dr. Egan and Dr. Walters. Dr. Egan has a great sense of humor. I heard from KYCO after 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Could you share who you had your interview with? I have one on Monday coming up! I’m also curious if they asked you to retake the OAT.
can you send me a message? it wont let me send you a message

Hi I was wondering when you submitted you application for KYCO, how long did it take them to give you an interview?

Hi I was wondering when you submitted you application for KYCO, how long did it take them to give you an interview?
Hi! I think I submitted mine early-ish like maybe October and it took them a while to get back to me. I had an OAT retake and November and had to send my fall grades. I got a reply from them this month. I would def check in with them though. I did that in january and informed them about my updates and then I got a call the following week. My stats are on the lower side as well, which probably caused a delay as well.

Hi! I think I submitted mine early-ish like maybe October and it took them a while to get back to me. I had an OAT retake and November and had to send my fall grades. I got a reply from them this month. I would def check in with them though. I did that in january and informed them about my updates and then I got a call the following week. My stats are on the lower side as well, which probably caused a delay as well.
Oh okay, I submitted my application the same time like you. But yeah I didn't hear back from KYCO, so I was assuming they wanted me to retake the OAT. I'm scheduled to take it the end of Feb. What was your new OAT retake if you don't mind me asking?

Oh okay, I submitted my application the same time like you. But yeah I didn't hear back from KYCO, so I was assuming they wanted me to retake the OAT. I'm scheduled to take it the end of Feb. What was your new OAT retake if you don't mind me asking?
I can’t remember exactly what it was, but I know my AA wasn’t 300. Maybe 290?

Hi all just wanted to update you all on how my interview went... I feel really good about my interview! I felt like the staff were really nice and welcoming and def sold me on KYCO. They did ask about OAT/grades - my advice would be to just be honest about and show growth! The questions they asked were tailored from my application so it felt nice to know that they really read through my application and were interested in me. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there!
I am interviewing with KYCO on 02/10/21. After doing some research and seeing the NBEO pass rate be so low it is a little concerning. I was wondering if any current students could tell me how they feel about their overall quality of education and do they feel prepared for NBEOs/real-life practice? and for those who have already interviewed any advice on what to expect? how was the faculty? what was the vibe?
Has anyone that interviewed on 2/8 or later heard anything back from KYCO

Has anyone that interviewed on 2/8 or later heard anything back from KYCO
Hi! I just had an interview today and they said they’ll have a committee meeting on Thursday for interviewers that were last week and this week. So maybe you’ll hear back by the end of this week or early next week :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just had an interview today and they said they’ll have a committee meeting on Thursday for interviewers that were last week and this week. So maybe you’ll hear back by the end of this week or early next week :)
Yay! Thank you. It has stressed me out 😂

Hi! I interviewed w/ Dr. Blankenship and she was friendly and super conversational. I also interviewed w/ Dr. Fitzgerald who was also very friendly and nice!

Still waiting to hear back from the school.. I am a huge ball of stress/anxiety right now lol :nailbiting:

Me too!! Blankenship was so nice I really liked her. I know someone said they had their committee meeting today, so hopefully we will know something tomorrow or next week!

Still nothing. They’re supposed to be meeting today it would be nice if we heard something today but I doubt it