Interview Dates and Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmok1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
While i am extremely thankful for the one interview I have, its a little concerning .
I've completed almost all secondaries for 22+ MD schools I applied to from July to late September.
My stats are cGPA 3.85, sGPA 3.9, MCAT 29 (11 VB , 9PS, 9BS). I was sure to apply to a good range of schools focusing mainly on schools that are more forgiving on the MCAT... I know that interviews for regular decision started this month and I may be stressing out a bit early, but its really alarming to see everyone else having so much success so early. I can't help but think there must be something wrong with my app.

Any suggestions or comments would be thankful! Especially from those who were admitted in previous cycles!!!

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

For the MD schools that you applied to, did you make sure that they have MCAT medians close to yours and aren't public state schools?

Like you said, it's still early. You've done your part, there's nothing more you can do for now. You just have to be patient and wait it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our stats are very similar. I'm at a 3.88 gpa and 29 mcat, applied to 30 schools, and I have 2 II, 2 rejections, and a hold so far. I'm telling myself to just be patient and grateful for now. Like others have said, it's a long cycle and you'll drive yourself crazy if you're constantly comparing yourself to others. The fact that you got one interview means there probably aren't any red flags in your app. I choose to believe that most schools are going through their top picks for interviews now and that they'll get to us eventually. :)

Reactions: 4 users
While i am extremely thankful for the one interview I have, its a little concerning .
I've completed almost all secondaries for 22+ MD schools I applied to from July to late September.
My stats are cGPA 3.85, sGPA 3.9, MCAT 29 (11 VB , 9PS, 9BS). I was sure to apply to a good range of schools focusing mainly on schools that are more forgiving on the MCAT... I know that interviews for regular decision started this month and I may be stressing out a bit early, but its really alarming to see everyone else having so much success so early. I can't help but think there must be something wrong with my app.

Any suggestions or comments would be thankful! Especially from those who were admitted in previous cycles!!!

Thank you,

One dean of admissions reminded me that after the first decisions go out (October 15-16), many people start to cancel interviews if they have an acceptance at one of their top choices. Hopefully that will free up some spots for everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm the same boat. I just keep telling myself to be patient. It's a marathon, not a sprint.