interview invite waves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdoof11

Reaction score
(sorry guys i mistakenly titled this last week and confused a lot of people so im reposting with the correct title) maybe its just me and how the cycle is randomly working out, but does anyone else feels like interviews come in waves? I got 5+ II in august, but absolutely nothing since. to me it seems like a lot of schools did their "first wave" of IIs and are now conducting those interviews, but aren't really sending out II. maybe they will start up again in october when they are done with this wave of interviews? obviously it isnt so clean up as that and people have been getting IIs all throughout september, but maybe as a more general trend?

Members don't see this ad.

well did you apply very early and submit all your secondaries asap? That would partially explain the early IIs for schools that are utilizing date of completion to review applications. For example, I did not submit secondary until july/aug, so I started receiving IIs in September, so I don't really think its "waves" as opposed to when you completed your application

I'm the same lol. I got like 4 II quickly in late July and early August, and since then it's been pretty quiet. I primarily applied TMDSAS as a TX resident. I'm beginning to think that all the schools who are interested in me have already sent me II so I'm done receiving interviews this cycle (for TX at least).

Members don't see this ad :)
You are in a good position with 5 IIs this early in the cycle. Try to remember that 5 is more than some applicants will get in the entire cycle.

Enjoy your success so far and focus on rocking the interviews you have already secured. What is special about those programs? How will they uniquely help you succeed? Do they have a special interview format that requires prep?

Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.18.59 PM.png

You may like this info, from the AAMC 2021 MSQ

Reactions: 2 users
Here are my empirical observations on the II waves:
1st wave: many schools screen by stats, URM status, and complete date, e.g. July 31 (empirical evidence: the first wave of IIs had high stats URM and ORMs with early complete dates);
2nd wave: schools continue screen for URM and/or stats (empirical evidence: some URMs reported II while complete dates are very recent);
3rd and continuous: review by complete date (empirical evidence: most recent IIs are by complete dates);
The first wave is most prominent because schools accumulate all the reviews they've done through June/July. The following IIs are released weekly or biweekly as they are reviewed so only appear to be trickling out.

Of course not all schools follow these. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Here are my empirical observations on the II waves:
1st wave: many schools screen by stats, URM status, and complete date, e.g. July 31 (empirical evidence: the first wave of IIs had high stats URM and ORMs with early complete dates);
2nd wave: schools continue screen for URM and/or stats (empirical evidence: some URMs reported II while complete dates are very recent);
3rd and continuous: review by complete date (empirical evidence: most recent IIs are by complete dates);
The first wave is most prominent because schools accumulate all the reviews they've done through June/July. The following IIs are released weekly or biweekly as they are reviewed so only appear to be trickling out.

Of course not all schools follow these. What do you guys think?
yeah, but as someone who was complete early, that makes me think my app has been reviewed everywhere and I am probs done getting interviews this season. like everyone who was going to interview me did. thats what im thinking. its been over a month of radio silence

Reactions: 1 users
yeah, but as someone who was complete early, that makes me think my app has been reviewed everywhere and I am probs done getting interviews this season. like everyone who was going to interview me did. thats what im thinking. its been over a month of radio silence
I had over 5 weeks of silence and got another II! just yesterday :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users