Interview Invites for 2010 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi, everyone

almost all programs have given out their interview offers - how many interviews does everyone have by now? i've heard # of apps have gone up this yr.

i'll keep things good and vague.

I beat my goal of 8.

now i just need to go to the interviews and not gnaw at my arm or shout obscenities or do any of the other things i'm wont to do.

invariably, when i'm sitting in the morning intro session where the PD comes and tells you how great the program is and blah blah, I have to repeat the mantra "don't shout the F word out loud, don't shout the F word out loud." It has worked so far, but I still have several interviews to go.

Members don't see this ad.

How much are applications up?

Does this mean that each applicant gets less interview invitations?

Or that even with the same number of interviews the chance of matching decreases?

hi, everyone

almost all programs have given out their interview offers - how many interviews does everyone have by now? i've heard # of apps have gone up this yr.

Going on 10. I hope to meet some of you on the trail!

Members don't see this ad :)
only 5 here. hoping for 1 more, ideally somewhere warm :D...

1 interview....

thats it,

53 programs not heard from

What are the odds I will receive more at this point?

Anyone have an interview at Henry Ford on either January 15 or 18 that can switch to January 8? Please let me know! Ayuda me!!

Part-time clinical research associate position available at Stanford Univ. School of Medicine (CA) Dept. of Dermatology for a large clinical study of human skin aging.

Excellent opportunity for pre-medical student to gain experience with clinical studies. Must have great interpersonal skills, be a team player and be flexible.

Please email Anne Chang, MD at [email protected]. If you can include CV and college transcript, would be a plus.

Canceled my 2 remaining conflicting interviews today, so hopefully some of you should be getting more invites.

Good luck everyone!

Hey I know someone already posted but I was also wondering if there was anybody who had a January 18 Henry Ford interview who wanted to switch for my January 8th. I would really appreciate it!!!! Please pm me.

Good luck to everyone and happy new year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia rejection 12/30 email

Total interviews 1

Lucky for me, I know who I am ranking number 1 and don't have to struggle like the rest of you unlucky guys/gals.

Good Luck

Is there anyone who still has not received an invite or rejection from Columbia?

I hope Columbia invites me. I hear they have a new paranormal derm dept. headed up by Dr. Peter Venkman, Ph.D.

Each PGY-2 gets their own proton pack if they sign up for a year with Dr. Venkman. The proton pack is the only clinically proven means of eliminating poltergeist-induced contact dermatitis.

In your PGY-3 year, you get to meet Bobby Brown and learn the fabled "mobile statue of liberty" technique, which is probably the most effective way to treat recalcitrant Darier's disease.

Is there anyone who still has not received an invite or rejection from Columbia?

I got an email rejection from them way back on Dec. 7, you may be on their waitlist.

anyone heard from ut houston?

Has anyone heard anything, negative or positive, from USC? They're not on the list.

Has anyone heard anything, negative or positive, from USC? They're not on the list.

One of my friends received an interview. I think they are offering two Saturdays in January, but I may be wrong.

Mayo Jacksonville today, phone call, for Jan 22.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to go - unless someone needs to switch for the 21st? (or someone would switch their Jan 29th SIU interview for mine on Jan 22nd - pretty please??)

Also posted this on the interview swap thread, please PM me if you can help!

Hmmm...it was nice of them to send the rejection, but I think I figured it out already since they only had one interview day back in December...:idea:

UT Houston invite, 1/6 (email). 1/22, 1/30, 2/19, 2/20.

So nice that they interview in February!

is it safe to assume no more interview offers from now on? :scared:

Are you guys seeing the same people over and over on these interviews?

Just a little strange...

Also, was informed that LSU has sent out all interview invites

Are you guys seeing the same people over and over on these interviews?

Just a little strange...

Same thing happened when I was on the trail. Programs generally look for roughly the same qualifications, thus leading to the same people popping up repeatedly.

anyone know if Eastern Carolina Brody School of Medicine has a pre-interview dinner?

i guess seeing the same people at the interviews is a good thing...if each program gets like 450 apps, must be a positive sign that many are choosing the same few people

just wondering if IzzyMD is still on the board?? i was touched by some of her previous posts and am hoping that all is well for her... Izzy are you out there? Anyone... Bueller?

just wondering if IzzyMD is still on the board?? i was touched by some of her previous posts and am hoping that all is well for her... Izzy are you out there? Anyone... Bueller?

Izzy is a dude. :)

Does anyone know how many years of derm do you still have to do if you apply for derm residency after you passed your Boards in internal medicine?
Thanks.

Does anyone know how many years of derm do you still have to do if you apply for derm residency after you passed your Boards in internal medicine?
Thanks.

I'm pretty certain it's 3 years of dermatology residency whether you completed a prelim year or an entire residency in categorical internal medicine.