Interview prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HolyMoly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of you have useful tips regarding anesthesia residency interviews? Any common questions? I understand most of them are pretty laid back, but I was just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this in general or for specific programs.

Thanks!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Just be yourself and try to come up with at least some reason why you are interested in the particular program. Plus, you will soon realize that a lot of the programs are just as interested in selling themselves to you as you are as coming off as a good applicant to them.

Enjoy the ride

Members don't see this ad :)

And if you can't pull that off,

503368%7EBe-Cool-Andre-3000-Advance-Posters.jpg

Hey guys, do any of you have useful tips regarding anesthesia residency interviews? Any common questions? I understand most of them are pretty laid back, but I was just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this in general or for specific programs.

There is a great thread in the General Residency or ERAS/NRMP forum (I can't remember which) which lists a few dozen typical questions. Check that out.

Also, your standard residency-application books (Iserson's et al.) that you can get at your school's library will have some good advice on the topic.

You're only gonna get smart***** answers here, and rightly so :D

Regarding anesthesia, I got a couple of questions.
I don't remember how they were actually asked

1. CRNAs, what do you think about them/where do they fit in?
2. What do you think about drug dependence/what do we need to prevent it?
3. What are some ethical problems in anesthesia? Froze on this on

Regarding anesthesia, I got a couple of questions.
I don't remember how they were actually asked

1. CRNAs, what do you think about them/where do they fit in?
2. What do you think about drug dependence/what do we need to prevent it?
3. What are some ethical problems in anesthesia? Froze on this on

Damn. Those questions suck. People asked me about my hobbies.