Interviewing range date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnmoonprism

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows dental schools will extend invite during the winter break period. I am planning to travel abroad and am worried that some schools will want to interview candidates then.
I appreciate any input!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends what you consider "winter break period." Schools will give you 1-2 weeks notice of interviews so if you are going to be traveling abroad, make sure it's not too long (more than 1 week).

Reactions: 1 users
Depends what you consider "winter break period." Schools will give you 1-2 weeks notice of interviews so if you are going to be traveling abroad, make sure it's not too long (more than 1 week).
Thanks! I'm planning to leave the country 12/31 to 1/18 (so about 2 weeks). You think it's too risky?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am thinking about going back home during winter and probably spring for two months.. Is that too risky ? Is there chance that I get interview during that period ?
QUOTE="Typical Average Student, post: 17074911, member: 626014"]Depends what you consider "winter break period." Schools will give you 1-2 weeks notice of interviews so if you are going to be traveling abroad, make sure it's not too long (more than 1 week).[/QUOTE]

No one can really answer that question but if you are waiting for an interview that will determine the course of your life, why take the chance, stay in the US and wait it out. You can go back home over the summer.

Yea, you are probably right...
It has just been two years since last time I went home. :(
No one can really answer that question but if you are waiting for an interview that will determine the course of your life, why take the chance, stay in the US and wait it out. You can go back home over the summer.

Yea, you are probably right...
It has just been two years since last time I went home. :(

That's hard. Hopefully you can get some word on Dec 1st and you won't have to make a choice. But, then again, when you are a dentist, you can schedule the time off that you want to visit family :).

That's hard. Hopefully you can get some word on Dec 1st and you won't have to make a choice. But, then again, when you are a dentist, you can schedule the time off that you want to visit family :).
Yeah!! I d rather go home with some good news and a big surprise for them ;)

I am thinking about going back home during winter and probably spring for two months.. Is that too risky ?
Going back in late spring (after March) shouldn't be a problem, most schools stop interviewing by March so by that time you'll just be waiting for acceptances. Winter break as in Christmas eve~new years you shouldn't be expecting any interviews then, so if you do interview, it'll probably be a week or two into January at the earliest.

Thanks! I'm planning to leave the country 12/31 to 1/18 (so about 2 weeks). You think it's too risky?
12/31 - 1/18 is probably too long but if you have to go out of the country, try to see if you can reschedule interviews and keep checking your email while you're out of town!

As long as you check your email every few days you won't miss out on anything.

Just go and have fun

Thanks guys! I probably won't anymore! I applied to 10 but only got 2 interviews so far so I'm pretty anxious, probably shouldn't take any chance...I'll just go after I graduate