Interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCLA by e-mail!!!!! Now I feel like e-mailing to that interviewer who said that UCLA probably won't interview me and nicely telling him off. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, just got an invite from UCLA
My final list:
Emory, UPenn, Hopkins, UVa, UCSD (cancelled), UCLA, UWashington (declined), UTSW, MGH, Brigham, BIDMC, Duke, UCSF, Stanford, MCV (cancelled). I will finish interviews in December and need to find ways to save money :scared:

miko2005 said:
UCLA by e-mail!!!!! Now I feel like e-mailing to that interviewer who said that UCLA probably won't interview me and nicely telling him off. :)

You totally should. :thumbup:

And why be nice about it? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA here too. Anyone with thoughts on this program? I was gonna do a search but it looks like the function is disabled for some reason. I've heard mixed things about it - I'm gonna go and see for myself, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has any firsthand experience or knowledge of this program.

My interview list: U Utah, UCSF, Stanford, UCLA, U Colorado, UNC, Duke, U Washington, Hopkins, Brigham, Wash U, and UT Southwestern.

Declined OHSU, UC Davis, Vandy, Baylor, and UVA. Rejected from UCSD. Haven't heard from MGH and a few others - I'm assuming its :thumbdown: from these so this should pretty much be my finalized interview list. This is good since I don't have time/money/motivation to do much more. I counted 15 interviews on that list Papaya - and I thought I was crazy going on 12! I'm gonna be broke by the time this sh%@ is over. :(

dlc6 said:
Sorry to hear that Dr. Nick...just out of curiosity, when did you submit your application? I am trying to gauge when I will hear from them...I submitted on 9/27 and am anxiously awaiting their reply! Also, I am assuming this came via email?
dlc

I submitted my app on 10/5. So for you, no news is good news... my rejection was through mail.

Good luck with this crazy interview period!

First post in this thread, but have been lurking. Congrats everyone on all the interviews. I applied on 9/22. Here's my final list: UNM, WashU, Baylor-Houston, Methodist, UT-Houston, UT-SA, UTSW, Texas A&M.

Congratz to you guys on the UCLA interviews. I hear that it is an outstanding program.

Here is my final list. I will make some room for MGH, despite the fact that I have heard nothing from them, if they decide to offer an interview.

Interview offers from Emory, UAB, UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, UVA, Hopkins, BID, Brigham, Mayo, Michigan (declined), UCSD (declined).

Have not heard from Stanford, MGH, Vanderbilt.

My final list:
Wash U, Iowa, UTSW, Utah, Northwestern, Michigan, Virginia, Nebraska, Minnesota, Mayo, UChicago.

I am trying to fit Indiana in, but the date they gave me today puts me in Chicago one day, Ann Arbor the next day, and Indianapolis the day after that. :scared:

I guess I can put in my final list:

Stanford, UCSF, UCDavis, UCLA, UC Irvine, Cedars Sinai, USC, UChicago (may not end up going to the interview), UW and of course, Vandy. Can you tell I want to be on the west coast?

Have not heard from Harbor and rejected from UCSD (or at least "not in the first batch of interviews").

I think UCLA is a great program and most people I have spoken to say they would rate: UCSF ~Stanford and UCLA would be a close third after those two. There are great programs on east coast, but that's what I have heard regarding California.

Almost finalized list:

UW, UCSF, Stanford, UCLA, Cedars-Sinai, UCSD/declined, Utah, UTSW/trying to fit in, Cleveland, UPMC, Cornell, Brighams, Hopkins, Emory/interviewed, and UAB.

There are a few other programs I'd like to hear back from, but it's looking like that's the list for me.

MCV by email today.

Tufts asked me to take a hike.......

Members don't see this ad :)
beary said:
Sorry to hear that. :(

Hey Beary
Awesome avatar.....Is it a squirrel trying to do Kung-fu?

BTW Rochester asked me to join for a hike.....of the hospital,

:) :)

drswam said:
Tufts asked me to take a hike.......

Sorry to hear about that Drswam....Im sure you will land in a good place though...ATB!!!

quant said:
Hey Beary

Congrats on Rochester!

I don't know if it is a squirrel or hamster or guinea pig. Also don't know if it is kung-fu or some other martial art. :)

beary said:
I don't know if it is a squirrel or hamster or guinea pig. Also don't know if it is kung-fu or some other martial art. :)
I have but one word to say:

carlray.jpg

Tufts and McGaw-Northwest told me to P!$$ Off :mad: ..so i comply without any violence..Damn!

uhoh! said:
Tufts and McGaw-Northwest told me to P!$$ Off :mad: ..so i comply without any violence..Damn!
Bah. F*ck 'em. How many you got so far now?

Joe Satriani fan by any chance? (saw the Surfing with the Alien tag)

AndyMilonakis said:
Bah. F*ck 'em. How many you got so far now?

Joe Satriani fan by any chance? (saw the Surfing with the Alien tag)
Satch..YES!! appreciate his earlier stuff the most.. still, satch & Steve Vai is the extent of instrumental music i can handle.
Not got many calls: actually only 2 this far! got me $h*ttin' bricks.. :(
seeing the others' calls makes me happy for them, but can't always find happiness in others' success..seriously, some people are rejecting more places than my calls!! :oops:
no offence, but sometimes, i wish i hadn't joined SDN-Ignorance Is Bliss! :D

uhoh! said:
Satch..YES!! appreciate his earlier stuff the most.. still, satch & Steve Vai is the extent of instrumental music i can handle.
seeing the others' calls makes me happy for them, but can't always find happiness in others' success..seriously, some people are rejecting more places than my calls!! :oops:
Agreed on Satch. Surfing with the Alien is one of my favorite Satch albums. If you like Satch and Vai, you should check out the G3: Live in Denver concert CD or DVD. Some brilliant display of guitar talent. Yngwie Malmsteen was in the concert as well and I like his music too but he stuck out like a sore thumb.

As for SDN, it definitely raises one's neuroticism and paranoia. Ignorance is truly bliss...sorry to hear about you only having 2 invites so far. Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with this thread much. Hopefully you'll get more since the Dean's Letters have been released as of today.

uhoh! said:

BEST album: Steve Vai's Flexable

Invited: BIDMC, Brigham and Women's, BU, UMass, MGH, Tufts
Waiting: Brown

Think I want to stay around here? I think that's why I did get an interview at Tufts -- my desperate desire to stay here is written right into my personal statement! Good luck, everybody.

quant said:
Hey Beary

:clap: :clap: Alright!

hey quant...congrats......good for you.....

was a good day for me today unlike yesterday (rej from Tufts)......received a call from Wayne State......not many dates available though..... :)

Anybody have any information about Wake? Have they even given out any invites? I have heard squat from or about them!
dlc

Interviewing for the dream job at the end of this week. The details include a yearly partner salary of 500k+, 12 weeks of vacation, full benefits etc etc.

Wish me luck :cool:

LADoc00 said:
Interviewing for the dream job at the end of this week. The details include a yearly partner salary of 500k+, 12 weeks of vacation, full benefits etc etc.

Note to self... find job that pays 500k with 12 weeks vacation.

Oh and umm..good luck.

LADoc00 said:

Wish me luck :cool:

Rock on, brotha'! :thumbup:

LADoc00 said:

Ok, so what's the catch? Why on earth would someone be leaving this job? Surely you wouldn't retire from a job that you only work 9 months per year. Had to be a death right? Or at least something that significant.

drPLUM said:
Ok, so what's the catch? Why on earth would someone be leaving this job? Surely you wouldn't retire from a job that you only work 9 months per year. Had to be a death right? Or at least something that significant.
A less desireable location perhaps? Or, yes, death. Seems to be the primary means of retirement in the field of pathology.

call from Washington University, St Louis......by email.....

hey brain....congrats on the call......also thanks for the interview experience on Mt.Sinai......goodluck

Hey all! Been gone for a while (traveling etc) Looks like some good interviews came in while I was away! I just checked my email for the first time in like 5 days and found 45 junk messages, and an invite from UVA and Duke :)

Now if U of M would only realize how much I love them....

Also waiting on McGaw and IU

Rejection from Duke. :( Too bad; I really wanted to see that program.

Brian Pavlovitz said:
Rejection from Duke. :( Too bad; I really wanted to see that program.

Their loss. I'd hire you! :love:

univ of cincinnati, through both eras and email......

rejection-- U Penn (los bastardos!)

interview-- SUNY Upstate

hey brian....u are not alone......Penn asked me to think twice about applying there.....their loss.....

congrats on upstate.....how is your interview season rolling? goodluck

drswam said:
hey brian....u are not alone......Penn asked me to think twice about applying there.....their loss.....

congrats on upstate.....how is your interview season rolling? goodluck
They should have asked both of us to interview!!

Things are pretty slow so far: interviews at 5 out of 21 programs. :oops: Next week is VCU.

Good luck to you, as well!

DasN said:
BEST album: Steve Vai's Flexable

Check out Zappa. He was a major influence on Vai, as well as Satch......

Brian Pavlovitz said:
rejection-- U Penn (los bastardos!)

Amen... :mad:

Oh well, can't expect too much i guess...