Interviews/Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlam90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received an interview or offered acceptance to any of the following:
-Hunter
-SUNY Downstate
-Stony Brook
-NYIT
-Mercy
-Dominican
-Sage College

Members don't see this ad.

Hey-- I also applied to Sage and have not heard anything back yet. However, I met with the admissions lady there in November and she told me that they weren't even going to really start looking at (non-articulation agreement/non-early decision) applicants until after the holidays, so they probably just started reviewing them. She strongly implied that there aren't going to be many slots left after admitting all the articulation agreement students/ED students (less than 10 spots) for 400 or so applicants, so not keeping my hopes up for that one. She said if we are waitlisted (likely, in my case, since I am just a "normal" applicant) we probably wouldn't hear anything until March or so, and that they sometimes admit students off of the waitlist just a few days before the program starts. Hope that info helps a bit. Sorry, but I don't know anything about the other schools. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invitation at Stony Brook last week, a few days after I submitted the supplemental application. Check with admissions that all your materials and supplemental arrived. I know they have another interview in February. Good luck!

I applied to Downstate, NYIT, Mercy, and Dominican. Downstate- declined interview last week, NYIT- rejected sometime last year, Mercy- still haven't heard anything, Dominican- interviewed in September (declined offer).

I got a rejection letter from NYIT. :/

However, I feel as though they have already filled their class for 2014 since I submitted my applications closer to the due date.

Okay-- just got accepted to Sage. Apparently the proposed timeline was totally bogus. Let me know if you hear anything!

I received an interview invitation at Stony Brook last week, a few days after I submitted the supplemental application. Check with admissions that all your materials and supplemental arrived. I know they have another interview in February. Good luck!

Thanks! I actually did receive an invite for an interview for this saturday. do you have any info on which building at southhampton? or what to expect? thanks!

Okay-- just got accepted to Sage. Apparently the proposed timeline was totally bogus. Let me know if you hear anything!

So far, I haven't heard anything yet. Did you have to interview?

I got a rejection letter from NYIT. :/

However, I feel as though they have already filled their class for 2014 since I submitted my applications closer to the due date.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things are working out with other schools. I still haven't heard from NYIT. If you don't mind, when did you receive the letter?

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things are working out with other schools. I still haven't heard from NYIT. If you don't mind, when did you receive the letter?
I still have not heard from NYIT either.

Last edited:
So far, I haven't heard anything yet. Did you have to interview?

Nope-- no interview. I am going to decline their offer, so it will free up a spot. Good luck!

I still have not heard from NYIT either.
I spoke to another NYIT applicant today and he received a rejection letter also. Seems to me that it's a good thing we haven't heard back. Good luck! Keep me updated :)

I spoke to another NYIT applicant today and he received a rejection letter also. Seems to me that it's a good thing we haven't heard back. Good luck! Keep me updated :)
I just got a rejection letter today. Figured I would as I applied the last day possible. Wasn't my top choice. Good luck and hope for the best.

Thanks! I actually did receive an invite for an interview for this saturday. do you have any info on which building at southhampton? or what to expect? thanks!

Sorry, just saw the reply. As for what to expect- I was in the same boat as you were and your guess is as good as mine. I think it went well. Hope the interview went well for you today!