Invited for interview, but shall I go to all?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mabuking

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, in the event of being invited for interviews, say to 5 schools, would it be smart/wise/recommended to go to all 5? I know that the more you go to, the higher your chances of getting into dental school are.

As I write this I come to the conclusion that the answer is obvious, go to all, but what if one of those schools I got invited to for an interview was plan C, not even A or B.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so what will you do if you didn't go to your plan C interview, and you didn't end up getting accepted to plan A or B? Yeah, you said it yourself. Go to all of them lol. An interview does not guarantee an acceptance.

You're very foolish if you don't go to an interview without already having an acceptance in hand. Admissions are very unpredictable - maximize your chances.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had this question too. Flying from Canada at $600 a shot, plus accommodations isn't cheap. Is there an 'ideal' number of interviews to have? If you apply to 12 schools for instance, how many interviews might you be hoping for?

I had this question too. Flying from Canada at $600 a shot, plus accommodations isn't cheap. Is there an 'ideal' number of interviews to have? If you apply to 12 schools for instance, how many interviews might you be hoping for?

You're probably pretty safe when you get 5+ I'd say, of course you could get into all of them while you could also get into none.

I was just feeling the same after I applied to 19 school on a whim.
When I was compiling a list of schools to apply, I was just thinking about maximizing the number of interviews and eventually acceptances,
but now that it's been a couple of days since I applied, I am questioning whether I would really be willing to go to other schools even if I get rejected my top two choice schools.

The answer to your question is definitely "yes, go to all", but I guess there's no right answer because there are many factors in play.

If you are pretty confident about yourself after earning an interview at your top choice schools, at your discretion, you might decide not to go interview at schools where you think you might not attend even if you were accepted.

I am from east coast and I am thinking that I might not even bother attending even if I get accepted to school in the west coast. With this mentality, I wonder what I will have in my mind when I get an interview invite from west coast schools. :)

Be wise, my friend.
Do what your heart tells you to do