iPad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saffe94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school requires an iPad. Any significant difference between the regular and pro?

Members don't see this ad.

Pro lets you use the Apple Pencil. I also bought the keyboard for mine. But any blu-tooth keyboard will work for it.

Newest version of the non-pro iPad now supports Apple Pencil.

Members don't see this ad :)
The pro has a bigger screen, laminated display (less glare), surround sound speakers, and functionality with Apple's bluetooth keyboard. Otherwise, they're essentially the same.

The pencil works on either now, which has closed the gap between pro and normal.

Pro lets you use the Apple Pencil. I also bought the keyboard for mine. But any blu-tooth keyboard will work for it.

FWIW, I bought a 3rd party bluetooth keyboard for my iPad a while back, and I had major connectivity issues. Next time, I think I'll probably just shell out for the Apple keyboard if necessary.

FWIW, I bought a 3rd party bluetooth keyboard for my iPad a while back, and I had major connectivity issues. Next time, I think I'll probably just shell out for the Apple keyboard if necessary.

Hmm, good to know. I love my keyboard, tbh.

What I’ve heard is that the iPad Pro was an attempt at a laptop replacement (but probably fell short for most people).

I would probably just get the regular, especially since the newest generation is cheaper and supports Pencil but if you’re dilemmaing between the two I suggest looking up reviews on both.

Wouldn't it depend on what you need it for? If it's for rounds then the Ipad mini would be better right?

11.9" iPad Pro+ MacBook Pro, synced notes with notability. It's excellent -- Apple Pencil compatibility is a game changer