Irvine Irvine Irvine Irvine Irvine Irvine Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arashd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any movement for those of us on hold is this past week? Any more interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

arashd said:
Any movement for those of us on hold is this past week? Any more interview invites?
sorry to blow your bubble dude, but its highly unlikely that if you've been on hold for months here that you will all of a sudden get pulled off the hold list and given an interview with just a week to go before april 1st. they like all of the other UC's are winding down their interview season and interview invites will be few and far between if there even are any.

That's what I thought too. Several UCI students have told me that they're done interviewing and if UCI does invite, it'd be very few.

Long_John said:
sorry to blow your bubble dude, but its highly unlikely that if you've been on hold for months here that you will all of a sudden get pulled off the hold list and given an interview with just a week to go before april 1st. they like all of the other UC's are winding down their interview season and interview invites will be few and far between if there even are any.

Members don't see this ad :)
The official line is that they just reviewed all their on hold apps and that they are going to send out their last set of interviews. I want to see if anyone has gotten those interviews. This office told me this.

arashd said:
The official line is that they just reviewed all their on hold apps and that they are going to send out their last set of interviews. I want to see if anyone has gotten those interviews. This office told me this.

I don't know if we can really trust this from the office. Fact is, when I called them about 2 months ago, I was told that they were going to do a final review and send out their last set of interviews in the next week or two.

I think that they expect that they will finish soon, but depending on the quality of interviews/number of accepted students, they could conceivably send out more (don't want to get anyone's hopes up, though).

Okay... so I am "curious" about this... From what I have gathered, UCI is a great school, but not up there with the likes of UCLA or UCSF. So why is it that people who get into those schools stay on hold for an eternity at UCI (or get outright rejected) while others with less competitive stats get a shot. I am not trying to imply that stats are the only factor, but it would seem like if you are good enough for UCSF, you should be good enough for UCI. I mean, there might be people who would choose Irvine over other UCs because of location (for them anyway) or who knows what. It does make you wonder if the UCs are in cahoots (assuming that the more competitive candidates will go elsewhere...) but at the same time, if that is true and those candidates do NOT get looked at by the other UCs, where does it leave them? I know part of the process is random. Just venting a bit over the eternal UCI hold syndrome.