is anybody taking Part 1 exam in May/June ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kisukr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if any taking NDBE part 1 exam in may/june, so that we can discuss some topics.

Thanks
Kishore

Members don't see this ad.

Goyal, I feel the same way about microbi, I read the book, it all makes sense, and then I do some exams and nothing makes sense even the questions themselves. Half the time I'm not even sure what they're asking for.
After doing the decks, I'm able to get about 80% questions right, but still feel extremely weak in the subject. Slowly I'm getting the feeling for it though. Answering a lot of questions helps, b/c for most part the questions are very straight forward. But for me it will definitely be my weakest section. If I could get 80 on the exam I'd be sooo happy.

I'm working on the pathology section now, and it's going much faster. I should be done w/ it tomorrow as scheduled. But will take an extra day to go over the Kaplan review book. I'm so tired, and feeling burnt out, doesn't help that I have a bit of a cold:(
hey
huggies where did u do patho frm?
i still have pathp n physio to do after micro, god bless me:scared:
i dnt think so il be able to take the xam on 16th july, i still have nt given obe reading to all the subjects. bt by procastinating the xam, il be losing on few schools fr applyn....:scared:

Hi Goyal,
I will also be here till July as I have started recently.Started with Anatomy an doing Physiology simultaneously.My exam will be in August ending.Have you done with Anatomy and DADH?Can I know when you have started ur preparation?
Thanks

Goyal, I used Kaplan review and decks for pathology. I have to tell you though, that understanding physiology well really makes path easy. So I spent lots of time reading physio, different sources, and very detailed for each organ system.

Me personally, I'm getting tired of writing exams, and I can't believe how many cards are dedicated to one topic (like infection control) compared to others, in decks. There is no more than 2 or 3 questions on the exams, and like 50 cards dedicated to that topic, so annoying. I wish they would review, say Hepititis more instead:thumbdown:

tomorrow I have to finish path decks, I left my least favorite sections for last (neoplasm, and leukemias, and syndromes):scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Goyal,
I will also be here till July as I have started recently.Started with Anatomy an doing Physiology simultaneously.My exam will be in August ending.Have you done with Anatomy and DADH?Can I know when you have started ur preparation?
Thanks

hey dentbay
i started my prep in may, bt nw im regretting it..did anatomy n part of dadh in may, as i was on a bed fr a week, so in total 3 weeks, did biochem in april, whn i was full time in school, I am FTD, doing masters in oral bilogy, so was nt gettn much time frm the course, total hard core research, so have taken may n june off frm the lab..
just be consistent wth ur prep, knowing that u r pregnant, take care of ur health, and keep revising wht u read, like make it a pont to revise the other day for atleasr an hour, as there is no point in moving forward without retaing wht uve read, so revise n revise, wht im doin is, whnever im taking brk, i just pick up my notes, which im making, n start reading them..
good luck, do nt panic, ul do good, just make a plan, follow it, be consistent, and practice questions, know the stuff, instead of getting into deatils..understand it, i graduated in 2007, did my frst n 2 yr long timebk, its been almost 5 years, it takes time to get bk into tht subject, so do nt underestimate ur self..
good luck!

Goyal, I used Kaplan review and decks for pathology. I have to tell you though, that understanding physiology well really makes path easy. So I spent lots of time reading physio, different sources, and very detailed for each organ system.

Me personally, I'm getting tired of writing exams, and I can't believe how many cards are dedicated to one topic (like infection control) compared to others, in decks. There is no more than 2 or 3 questions on the exams, and like 50 cards dedicated to that topic, so annoying. I wish they would review, say Hepititis more instead:thumbdown:

tomorrow I have to finish path decks, I left my least favorite sections for last (neoplasm, and leukemias, and syndromes):scared:

huggies.
even i feel the same, at times decks are just going out of way, nt many questions on topics which are actually imp:scared:
today has nt been a gud day fr me, just cudnt get up frmt he bed in the mrning, one of the days whn i feel like sleepn n sleepn, will start stdyn nw..
good luck with ur revisions..
ul rock:thumbup:..im sure ul tear apart the xam...:beat:,,hit it hard ..

HEY i wana ask u how u study with ur 2 kids?r they very young or how the things go smooth for u?i am aksing cz i have 2 kids.3 yrs old n 18 mos old.it frustrates me so much that i dont get quality study time.still trying my hard.im done with physio n biochem,now doing anatomy and DA together cz i cant sit on one thing for long:oops:

HEY i wana ask u how u study with ur 2 kids?r they very young or how the things go smooth for u?i am aksing cz i have 2 kids.3 yrs old n 18 mos old.it frustrates me so much that i dont get quality study time.still trying my hard.im done with physio n biochem,now doing anatomy and DA together cz i cant sit on one thing for long:oops:

I have a live in nanny, and I work 3 days/wk. Weekends my husband helps. It's so hard, I definitely admire now all the moms I had in my dental school. Get up early, and study after they go to sleep. Now that it's less than 2wks before my exam, I'm too tired to do much in the morning or evening, but do as much as you can. In the end...if it doesn't work out you can always do it again....not that I want to.

Goyal, none of the days are good for me this week, I think I'm just overtired. But the thing is I just don't care anymore. Just looking forward to it being all over.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I read ur posts everyday and they always affect me, in a postive way ofcourse :D atleast I enjoy the feeling that i'm not alone u know, any way my exam is in less than two weeks and I just started revising a few days ago, what frustrates me is the past exams! I've been doing them for a while now and I keep on getting around 25 questions wrong in each section (100 q's) which means a raw score of 300/400 which sucks!!! :mad: this number is just fixed and I wonder why I am not improving :confused: any way I really hope this wont be the case in the exam, I really want a good score because I dont want to have to retake after my baby arrives, lets just hope :)

wish u all the best!

Hi all ,
Thanks for encouraging me....
I want to tell all the nearby test takers please concentrate on Mucormycosis,
immunology, receptors,arterial, venous sytem and autonomic nervous system in and out.
I am studying OK..Thinking to develop a strategy and books to be followed last week.Wasted time on that.....Iwill study seriously from tomorrow.:thumbup:I will finish my first reading by July 15th and will do revisions before my exam.Thanks one and alll....

Thank you very much ..
Yes I should be consistent..One day when I see everybody is preparing for 4 -5 months I get tensed, and the other day very depressed for not started before..From today onwards I don't think abt anything, I will keep on studying without thinking abt result.I am very poor in basics.So I have started with anatomy and done with it.Now doing physiology and pathology simultaneously.Listening to video lectures for physio.That is helping me a lot.Yes I want to do both physio & biochem from lectures.Apart from that for everything I will follow decks and kaplan review.
We should study hard.Yes I know how hard it is to study when doing MS.Even I did my MS in Public Health.I am done with it by May.Though it was not hectic for my last semester in MS, I have wasted my time becuase of preoccupied mind abt those subjects.Any how we will study hard now.It's not late now....
hey dentbay
i started my prep in may, bt nw im regretting it..did anatomy n part of dadh in may, as i was on a bed fr a week, so in total 3 weeks, did biochem in april, whn i was full time in school, I am FTD, doing masters in oral bilogy, so was nt gettn much time frm the course, total hard core research, so have taken may n june off frm the lab..
just be consistent wth ur prep, knowing that u r pregnant, take care of ur health, and keep revising wht u read, like make it a pont to revise the other day for atleasr an hour, as there is no point in moving forward without retaing wht uve read, so revise n revise, wht im doin is, whnever im taking brk, i just pick up my notes, which im making, n start reading them..
good luck, do nt panic, ul do good, just make a plan, follow it, be consistent, and practice questions, know the stuff, instead of getting into deatils..understand it, i graduated in 2007, did my frst n 2 yr long timebk, its been almost 5 years, it takes time to get bk into tht subject, so do nt underestimate ur self..
good luck!

Well, almost done reading the decks for path, just 10 cards left, will finish tomorrow, too tired to do it now. Don't feel like I understand it well. The decks are all over the place, tomorrow I will read over USMLE notes, along w/ physio, if that helps, I will review physio and then path again after that. Maybe it'll make sense more. I'll do it for cardio first and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, I'll read over Kaplan first aid again.

I just don't know what to review to get it. It's so much info, it's just insane. I keep forgetting things, and the names just don't stick in my head.

xactreality, I feel your pain, about getting the same score. I have the same problem w/ micro. Are you missing questions because you're making silly mistakes? If that's the case you just need to revise one more time. I had the same problem w/ some sections, I couldn't believe the mistakes I kept making, but after reviewing one more time, my score improved significantly. For other sections, when I go over the questions I got wrong, I feel that I wouldn't be able to answer it right, and simply don't know the material well enough, or don't understand it, and have to read some sections in greater detail. That's my dilema w/ micro and path, I just don't know it well, and have to switch sources. Just keep on reviewing, go over the questions that you got wrong, what are you not understanding, are their sections in which you're always getting questions wrong? if yes, read more in that area. There is still enough time to review well, we already know alot. Learn from your mistakes. If you're getting 75 right, you need about 8 more questions answered correctly and you'll get that coveted 90.

Huggies,

thanks for ur reassurance, I loved that "8 more questions" part :laugh: sounds doable! anyway the problem is that my mistakes are not always silly, atleast not the majority :rolleyes: but they are from everywhere, I cant say that I am weak in one particular section, and that makes things more difficult as I dont know where to focus or read more, thats why I decided to just do as much exams as possible, and revise them, I just cant read from any new source now, there is no much time left and I feel that it would be a waste of time, as u said, we already know alot so I'm gonna focus on retaining and revising what I already know, hope that work! :xf:

thanks again :)

xactreality

hey getting a raw score of 300/400 on home xams is ok, the main day is absolutely diff..u have so much energy tht day, and u feel like pouring all ur knowledge on tht xammmmm..so ul be fine, n i totally agree wth u, revising n retaining wht we have read is more imp..

good luck everyone:thumbup:, il be revising micro and immuno today, and thn will so few xams, lets see, wht i score i get:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

I m new to this forum. found it very helpful. So i m preparing to write the NBDE part 1 exam in november. I am a dentist from India. I graduated 3 years back. So i think i have to start afresh almost. I am done with my DA, Biochem and Physio....I am studying from my text books...like i go through them thoroughly, then i go through dental decks and then ASDA exams...i do not have kaplan materials,,,Can anyone please tell me if this is enough......and how much time is needed for each subject.....and is it fine to write the exam in November.

Regards

Hi there,

I m new to this forum. found it very helpful. So i m preparing to write the NBDE part 1 exam in november. I am a dentist from India. I graduated 3 years back. So i think i have to start afresh almost. I am done with my DA, Biochem and Physio....I am studying from my text books...like i go through them thoroughly, then i go through dental decks and then ASDA exams...i do not have kaplan materials,,,Can anyone please tell me if this is enough......and how much time is needed for each subject.....and is it fine to write the exam in November.

Regards

You don't need Kaplan materials, if you are doing well on released exams, which you need to gauge your knowledge. November is plenty of time. Kaplan material is good in that it's specifically tailored to provide you the info most likely to be tested

I'm done going over path in USMLE notes, I'm still stack at getting 20Q wrong on the exam, I just don't know what to read any more. I just haven't been able to hit that "aha" moment in this section. I still feel confused and when I'm doing the exams, I feel like I'm guessing most of the questions. I'm going to have to review the section again, but how???
This is just hopeless, I know that 80% is great, but that's too close for comfort, on the exam I could easily get a lot less. :(

Well, I feel pretty dejected, I thought reading USMLE would help me, but although I feel like I know the material better, it's not improving my score.

Hey Huggies,

Thanks for encouraging, I know its plenty of time till November. But I feel I am reading all of it for the first time. When i go through released papers, I get around 30-33 Q wrong, and as I go through the next papers and reach the final ones like in 2003-4 i get around 16Q wrong. Is it because some questions are repeated or wat? i dont know.

So I will be finishing Biochem and Physio by the end of this week. It took me 17 days to do DA and one whole month to do Biochem and Physio. IS my speed alright?

I guess most of people here are writing the exam in June.

So I wish all of you guys Best of Luck. God Bless.

Hey one more question. Wat is that "raw score" you guys are talking about? Sorry but i just started my preparation so do not have much knowledge about this thing.

Hey Huggies,

Thanks for encouraging, I know its plenty of time till November. But I feel I am reading all of it for the first time. When i go through released papers, I get around 30-33 Q wrong, and as I go through the next papers and reach the final ones like in 2003-4 i get around 16Q wrong. Is it because some questions are repeated or wat? i dont know.

So I will be finishing Biochem and Physio by the end of this week. It took me 17 days to do DA and one whole month to do Biochem and Physio. IS my speed alright?

I guess most of people here are writing the exam in June.

So I wish all of you guys Best of Luck. God Bless.

Yes your speed is really good, and yes the released exams do have a lot of repeated questions, more than the actual exam from what I read here, so don't let that give you a false sense of accomplishment. I would rather err on side of caution and assume I'm doing worse than better, and then be pleasantly surprised after the actual exam.

It's time for me to review biochem and physio. Not my favorite subjects. I wasn't sure where to review from, so I did one released exam just to see how much I remember. It's been a month since I reviewed this section last, but I still hoped to remember quite a bit, since after last review, I was doing pretty well on the practice exams....but I did terrible. :bang:I got 68/100. I couldn't remember anything, I kept asking myself..."what was that again? oh, i remember reading about that...?" my god, is anything going to stick in my head? I went over the wrong questions and know exactly where the info is in my book, for at least 20Q, but still, I'm so annoyed:annoyed: I can't help but to feel really stupid. Well I have 4 days to review, this section...Getting 90, seems so hopeless....

Yes your speed is really good, and yes the released exams do have a lot of repeated questions, more than the actual exam from what I read here, so don't let that give you a false sense of accomplishment. I would rather err on side of caution and assume I'm doing worse than better, and then be pleasantly surprised after the actual exam.

It's time for me to review biochem and physio. Not my favorite subjects. I wasn't sure where to review from, so I did one released exam just to see how much I remember. It's been a month since I reviewed this section last, but I still hoped to remember quite a bit, since after last review, I was doing pretty well on the practice exams....but I did terrible. :bang:I got 68/100. I couldn't remember anything, I kept asking myself..."what was that again? oh, i remember reading about that...?" my god, is anything going to stick in my head? I went over the wrong questions and know exactly where the info is in my book, for at least 20Q, but still, I'm so annoyed:annoyed: I can't help but to feel really stupid. Well I have 4 days to review, this section...Getting 90, seems so hopeless....
hey huggies
do nt feel bad, once ul review this section, ul get good score.keep the spirits high..good luck..
im finally done wth micro n immuno, will do some realesed xams after doin decks fr immuno...i hope im able to retain and do well on the practice xam:xf:

Hi,
You should not feel depressed at this time.You are the most motivating person to all of us.Don't feel bad.I am sure you will get an idea after your review.These 10 days makes you very successful.Read and read.In 10 days you can do miracles......

Thanks guys for being so upbeat. I'm feeling a bit better after reviewing all afternoon. Things are coming back to me pretty quickly and I'm am able to memorize more detail, b/c I already know quite a bit, so maybe it'll be ok.

So I'm not as panicky as I was this morning. I agree, 10 days is a long time, I just want to review other things too. When I'm reading one section, I feel like I'm forgetting another section....it'd be nice if we could write the exam one section at a time:D

huggies

keep in mind that the lowest nat. avg. is in bio/phsion

however, it is not the proper time to review in thoroughlly but you should review scheduals, rate limiting enzymes, main regulatory pathways, ...etc AND DOING EXAMS since you will know your mistakes
although getting a 90 is the aim of most, doing 68 is never bad provided that you went through each question and learned why you did it wrong

anyway, best wishes for all and and my exam count down started today;( 10 more days to go

i have a question of micro from m series, which i cudnt understand

plasmid mediated antibody response has been observed in diseases caused by each of the following except one, which one is expecttion?

streptococcus pyogens
staphylococcus aureus
neisseria gonorrhoea
bordetella pertusis
haemophilus infuenza

ans: strept pyogens

Goyal, I don't even understand what that question is asking for, is it asking which bug is known to transfer antibody resistance to antibiotics through it's plasmid? I hate questions like this, if you figure it out let us know.

Today I'm cont w/ biochem, will finish today, and tomorrow physio. I've already reviewed physio a little bit when doing path, so hopefully wont' take too long. I have to review micro again. My key has to be to review as much material right before the exam. I forget detail info so quickly, so I have to cram a lot of reviewing close to the exam date. I think we can all get around 75% after studying this long, but that extra 10-15% is all in detail, so rather than going over the general stuff I already know I'm focusing on the detail. That's my strategy at least and I'm sticking to it.... hopefully it'll pay off.
My goal is to get either 90 or close to 75. If I get close to 75, I will never write it again, b/c I'll think it's just too much work and not worth it, but if I get 85 or 86 I'll think how close I came and how I can do it again. :laugh:
Of course I am already practicing dentistry, so this exam is not as critical for me as it is for some of you. Although I love pedo, and don't want to think about not being able to get this extra training.

So I'm still stack on how I should review more, I've decided not to solve anymore released exams, they're taking too much time, I know what my weak areas are, etc etc. Instead I will mark all the right answers, and just read the questions and the correct answers. This will help me cover more exams and remember more correct answers.

Well off I go to do more learning...if I open more books on my desk, I swear I will need a ladder just to get to the top layer:hungover:

OMG, my husband just called me to tell me that an acquaintance of ours was just found dead. Not sure if it was accident or suicide (most likely suicide) and I feel sick to my stomach. We didn't know him well, but 've been to his house couple of times, chit chat on the street, my husband works w/ the wife, they have small kids... I just feel sick. We don't know all the details, but god, it puts things in perspective. I just had lunch w/ him couple of weeks ago. I can't believe it.
We stress over the small stuff, and there are people out there w/ real crisis on their hands.

Despite the stresses in our lives, lets be thankful for what we have.

Time to get some sleep now. Just finished half of the deck for the anatomy. Taking much longer than I thought. Hopefully the last half will go faster.

After that I'm starting dental anatomy review. I have 4 days for it, ...well w/ the decks it'll be 3 now. But, I did do well on the exam after reviewing it the first couple times, so hopefully I won't need that much time.

Sleep needed pronto:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Hi Huggies:
Best wishes for your exam ..
I am doing my exam in mid July. Could you tell me what do you use to study for dent ana. It seems easy except the occlusion qs. I get really frustrated b/c I can't picture it in my head. How did you prepare for it.

Thanks a lot

Goyal, I don't even understand what that question is asking for, is it asking which bug is known to transfer antibody resistance to antibiotics through it's plasmid? I hate questions like this, if you figure it out let us know.

Today I'm cont w/ biochem, will finish today, and tomorrow physio. I've already reviewed physio a little bit when doing path, so hopefully wont' take too long. I have to review micro again. My key has to be to review as much material right before the exam. I forget detail info so quickly, so I have to cram a lot of reviewing close to the exam date. I think we can all get around 75% after studying this long, but that extra 10-15% is all in detail, so rather than going over the general stuff I already know I'm focusing on the detail. That's my strategy at least and I'm sticking to it.... hopefully it'll pay off.
My goal is to get either 90 or close to 75. If I get close to 75, I will never write it again, b/c I'll think it's just too much work and not worth it, but if I get 85 or 86 I'll think how close I came and how I can do it again. :laugh:
Of course I am already practicing dentistry, so this exam is not as critical for me as it is for some of you. Although I love pedo, and don't want to think about not being able to get this extra training.

So I'm still stack on how I should review more, I've decided not to solve anymore released exams, they're taking too much time, I know what my weak areas are, etc etc. Instead I will mark all the right answers, and just read the questions and the correct answers. This will help me cover more exams and remember more correct answers.

Well off I go to do more learning...if I open more books on my desk, I swear I will need a ladder just to get to the top layer:hungover:

Hi Huggies,

Its me again..you are practicing in Canada?
Awsome !!

OMG, my husband just called me to tell me that an acquaintance of ours was just found dead. Not sure if it was accident or suicide (most likely suicide) and I feel sick to my stomach. We didn't know him well, but 've been to his house couple of times, chit chat on the street, my husband works w/ the wife, they have small kids... I just feel sick. We don't know all the details, but god, it puts things in perspective. I just had lunch w/ him couple of weeks ago. I can't believe it.
We stress over the small stuff, and there are people out there w/ real crisis on their hands.

Despite the stresses in our lives, lets be thankful for what we have.

Yes you are right Huggies....We should always thank God for what we have in our life.

So do not be stressed out. These few days just give your best and leave the rest for God.

Hey tell me if you are already practicing in Canada why do you need to write this test....i do not understand...

Yes you are right Huggies....We should always thank God for what we have in our life.

So do not be stressed out. These few days just give your best and leave the rest for God.

Hey tell me if you are already practicing in Canada why do you need to write this test....i do not understand...

I need to write the test b/c I want to apply to US pediatric residency programs, and have to have the boards passed just like everybody else. US schools accept my degree, but we write different board exams in Canada.

DinamicDentist, I used wheeler for occlusion and really liked it, it has some good diagrams especially on the CD that it comes w/, it actually shows you how things move.

Well, I'm exhausted. Finished reviewing biochem as per schedule, and went over some released exams. I find them so frustrating. The old exams I find very strange, and don't know a lot of the answers. But I just did a newer one, and even w/o reviewing physio was able to get 83/100, there were 8 physio questions that I got wrong, but w/ review will get them no problem. So I'm stressing out...should I review biochem more, or do I actually know it well enough... the answer is different based on which exam I do. :confused: I wish they would release a more recent exam, for god's sake some of these exams are over 20yrs old. My husband laughs when he sees me doing these....asking "was penicillin invented by then?" :slap:

Well tomorrow I'm reviewing physio, I'm giving it 2 days. Oh, and looking over already marked exams, actually makes me learn something, I was able to go over 4 exam for biochem and one full one for both bio/physio. So it's actually much more time efficient, than when I was 'solving' them.

Hey.....I read somewhere about this thing about writing the test before September or Before July.......Is there anything wrong in writing the test in November/December.........Can anyone please explain this to me.......

Hey.....I read somewhere about this thing about writing the test before September or Before July.......Is there anything wrong in writing the test in November/December.........Can anyone please explain this to me.......

if u write the exam before that u will be able to retake before january 2010 (after that anyone who passed can not retake) so many peaple prefer to take it before september considering the 3 month waiting period.

Hi,
If you don't mind can you please suggest me with blocking the date for my exam.As far as my gynecologist my EDD is September 27th.So what would be the best time ?I have blocked for September 10th considering that I can prepare well in 90 days.Moreover if I have to repeat the exam I can repeat before the end of December. But that would be 37th week.Is it OK? I am really tensed when I think that what if my contractions start before my exam?Please suggest me...One more thing is are you able to sit now in your 37th week for long hours?Please guide me...I really appreciate your valuable suggestions.

if u write the exam before that u will be able to retake before january 2010 (after that anyone who passed can not retake) so many peaple prefer to take it before september considering the 3 month waiting period.

xactreality

Why do you say that FTD cannot take exam in 2010? is that because of the pass-fail rule for NBDE? but I heard this will be in action only in 2012, so apart from this is there any restriction on FTD's taking the test in 2010? I would appreciate if anyone could clear my doubt.

Dent2

dentbaby,

your plan sounds good, so ur gonna write the exam when u r 37 weeks which is 3 months from now right? it really depends on u, if u already started studying by now I think that u have a general idea about the material and about ur ability, so ur the only one who can tell how much time u need, as I told u, my exam is next week and I only prepared for 6 weeks, but like 10+ hours per day, so for me 3 months is more than enough.

about being in the 37th week, I am doing great and able to sit for long periods during studying, I am still trying to find time for physical activity like walking, u should also take short breaks and try not to sit for a very long time, I was worried about the continous 3 hours and a half on the exam day but I practiced some past exams and I did just fine, I had a couple of friends back in college who had to write thier finals and do all the clinical work untill thier due date!

I really encourage u to try and do ur best in ur preparation to get the score u want, coz this is definately our best chance since our babies are still in there :laugh:

wish u all the best :)

xactreality

Why do you say that FTD cannot take exam in 2010? is that because of the pass-fail rule for NBDE? but I heard this will be in action only in 2012, so apart from this is there any restriction on FTD's taking the test in 2010? I would appreciate if anyone could clear my doubt.

Dent2

the pass/fail rule will be effective 2012 but the retake rule (that any one who got a passing score can not retake) will be effective 2010.

Thank you very much...I should respect you a lot.I was wondering how come you have completed evrything in 6 weeks.I am sure I can not.I am planning to complete my first reading by July and want to revise as much as possible till September.
Some one said that sometimes there would be contractions before EDD. So I was panic.Any how you are my inspiration.So I will study.Have you done question papers from 79 or the latest ones?

Thanks once again..Keep studying...You will definitely come out with very good result.:love:You will hold your baby and good result very soon.Keep in touch

Thank you very much...I should respect you a lot.I was wondering how come you have completed evrything in 6 weeks.I am sure I can not.I am planning to complete my first reading by July and want to revise as much as possible till September.
Some one said that sometimes there would be contractions before EDD. So I was panic.Any how you are my inspiration.So I will study.Have you done question papers from 79 or the latest ones?

Thanks once again..Keep studying...You will definitely come out with very good result.:love:You will hold your baby and good result very soon.Keep in touch

yes I have done very old exams, since the 70's up untill the most recent ones (2004 and 2006) they are so many but I found it really helpful for me to review the informations and memorize them. I want u to know that ur welcome anytime if u needed anything and I'm glad that I am able to help :)

How is everybody doing? xactreality what are you working on? are you just reviewing old exams now? I wander how ninety is surviving too? I think toothfairy is done her exam, hopefully it went well for her:xf:

I'm done w/ half of physio, feel ok about it. There is couple things in circulation that I'm not clear on but I've never seen any q's on it, so I'll just ignore it, unless i have time to spare...:laugh: NOT.

I started late today, but did cover neurophysio/ muscle/ and circulation. I remember number of months ago, looking at neurophysio, and thinking how insane it was, so many pages, I would never learn it or get it, and I was just going to skip the section all together... and now after having just gone through it, it doesn't seem so bad (of course I had to read many different sources to finally get it)

I dread going to bed, b/c I'm that my closer to the "day". Also I can't sleep, I keep tossing and turning and dreaming about dental anatomy. The other day I woke up around 2am, just having dreamt about something exam related, I was soo tired, and actually said out loud " for god's sake stop reviewing and go to sleep already"

I admire you xactreality I can't imagine doing this while being pregnant. Until tomorrow ...

I am trying to finish my second reading for the kaplan lecture notes and decks, plus I do about 200-300 questions of past exams everynight and take notes of the new info, I've been also taking notes from the book and the decks for those tiny details that I need to remember right before the exam, so hopefully I'll finish the reading by friday so I can have the last 3 days to review my notes, cant wait till this finishes, I just want to relax and wait for my baby!!! :rolleyes:

Hi friends,

I have started with Physiology and is very tough.I am done with Anatomy, but when I am doing questions I am not getting more than 70.I am doing a lot of mistakes in bones and muscles.I am really tensed.Should I change my mode of studying?What is wrong with me??If I revise for 2 times would it help??I don't have a clear picture of concepts.Even when I am going through the question, I am not thinking deeply.Most of the times I am answering in a rush.Please give me your valuable suggestions...How should I develop logical thinking?
Thanks

Hi friends,

I have started with Physiology and is very tough.I am done with Anatomy, but when I am doing questions I am not getting more than 70.I am doing a lot of mistakes in bones and muscles.I am really tensed.Should I change my mode of studying?What is wrong with me??If I revise for 2 times would it help??I don't have a clear picture of concepts.Even when I am going through the question, I am not thinking deeply.Most of the times I am answering in a rush.Please give me your valuable suggestions...How should I develop logical thinking?
Thanks

Don't get discouraged, when it comes to anatomy, you have to memorize whole systems, say if you're studying vasculature of the GI, it helps to draw all the vessels out on a paper, b/c it makes you realize that although you understand the material, you don't have it memorized. After all, in anatomy you're not trying to understand concepts as much as remember where things are in relation to other things. So for me diagrams really helped. You will get it, but you have to give these sections enough time, it will give you the best return on time invested. I used the same sources as you, and was able to get over 90% on the exams, so it's doable. Try drawing your own diagrams.

I don't know how should I come out of this depression.I am always thinking that I am not remembering the things and I don't have enough time to revise 3 or 4 times to get a good idea and hold on the subject.Please help.I am not studying more than 6 hours .How should I improve?

hey any1 taking this nbde part one in sept? any1 living in missisauga? plz help
study partner needed:(

hey dentbay
good luck!
hi me interseted in oral biology course. can u guide me for that. m dentist 4m india

I don't know how should I come out of this depression.I am always thinking that I am not remembering the things and I don't have enough time to revise 3 or 4 times to get a good idea and hold on the subject.Please help.I am not studying more than 6 hours .How should I improve?

Cheer up, you will get better. I just finished renal physio, when I first covered it, it took me I swear two weeks to read it, w/ my head spinning. Today, it took two hours and I'm done, and can't imagine why it was so difficult the first time. So you will see huge improvements in your understanding each time you do it. You just started and already getting 70% that's really good. No matter what, do the best you can, if it doesn't give you the score you want you'll be that much closer second time around. You made a commitment, finish it. I've been studying really hard, I have no idea if I'll get my 90, but if I don't at least I will not tell myself that I could have studied harder, I did my best under the circumstances. Yes, it's more difficult b/c I have small kids, I'm working and I've been out of school for over 5yrs.... but nobody cares... all that matters is the final result I get. So come on, get on w/ it and just do it (like the nike ads). If you're having a hard day... lord knows I had many of those...do as much as you can, a little bit is better than nothing or just take a day off. :xf:

Well, just finished renal physio, still have GI, nutrition and endocrine to cover and I'm done w/ physio :)soexcited:). I'm just on fire babe. Took me all morning to do pulmonary, and I thought at this rate I'll never finish physio today, so I told myself I had 2hrs to do renal, and right on the dot, I finished. I have to tell you all, my brain is working so hard, there is smoke coming out of my ears. My abs are getting pretty good definition too, since I'm so tense all the time:laugh:

Well I'm going to go for a walk (to the kitchen to get some more tea), and attack GI :diebanana:(actually I think I'll start w/ endocrine, it's longer, I don't want to be doing it when I'm tired)

Hope you're all studying hard... (at least that's what I tell myself when I feel like being lazy)

Well.....this all gives so much motivation.....thanks to all of you here....

Huggies, I really wish you and all other who are writing their tests this June the best of luck.....I am writing in November......

Hey I am starting with endocrinology but it would be my first time not revision.......and then I am done with Biochem and Physio.....And then starting with Micro and Patho.......

There are times when I feel that oh this test is so easy and I will get very good scores and some times when I am not even sure to pass the test....Well, I dont know maybe everyone feels like this.....

But right now I am in mood to study and going to my Endocrinology.....I hope I finish this in one week....

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your encouragement:).I got this depression because of my performance on tests in Anatomy and CVS physio.Yesterday I did CVS physio very thoroughly from Kaplan video lectures.Dr.Robert has explained things very nicely.But I don't know what is wrong with me, when I am solving questions I am unable to correlate those big big terms and logic behind that.
That's OK I will try my best.
I need one more suggestion- where form you did histology section of Anatomy?I am strucked with small questions like main elements in growth of alveolar process, epithelium kind of things.
Please continue replying after your exam.Don't forget us...
Thanks and all the best for you