Is Anyone Impressed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ketafol20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boise State won last night but I'm not the least bit impressed. Their players are small and slower than the bigger conference players. The QB is accurate but his arm is mediocre. He had many throws that were just out of the reach of the defender. When they face a top team from a better conference those passes won't get by.
All in all, a good team but not top 10.

Members don't see this ad.

people like you will never be satisfied. all boise st has ever done is continually beat... just about everybody. but you're never satisfied. they've been the best team in football for about the last 5 or 6 years, and no, i'm not an alumnus or fan, just an unbiased observer.

people like you will never be satisfied. all boise st has ever done is continually beat... just about everybody. but you're never satisfied. they've been the best team in football for about the last 5 or 6 years, and no, i'm not an alumnus or fan, just an unbiased observer.

I appreciate your comment but exactly who have they beat other than Oklahoma?

I'd love to see the BCS fall on it's face bc a non BCS team takes the title but it ain't gonna happen.

Do you really think they would have such a winning re rod if they played in the PAC 10, Big 12, or god forbid the mighty SEC?

Members don't see this ad :)
I do however think that they got screwed with the sanctions.

Sorry to keep harping on this but the only remaining game they have that is against a decent opponent if you want to call them that is TCU who is also not a BCS team. These team are consistently ranked high strictly bc they don't lose to small schools.

They don't beat everybody, they just beat the people they play. They ususally seem to beat one team at the beginning of the year that turns out to not be as good as everybody thought. Then they don't play anybody the rest of the year. Just like this year. The only other ranked team they were gonna play at the beginning of the season besides Georgia is TCU (who lost their first game against Baylor). Their schedule is crap. They will probably win out and once again be denied any respect. I think that is wrong but when you only really play one top team in a season that what they get. I actually cringed when Georgia lost because I knew the rest of the year was gonna be about why boise gets no respect. Here is the short of it...They don't play anybody.

Watching the Clemson/Auburn game and the size, strength and speed is just way beyond Boise.

If Boise played Clemsons schedule they would be lucky to get 3-4 W's.

Oregon. Virginia Tech last year. Georgia this year. Boise State is a good team, they are productive, but aren't very flashy. Sometimes people get the two confused. Hunting dogs and show dogs. Boise is a team of hunting dogs, they may not all look like players from Oklahoma, but they get the job done. Very good and competitive team in my mind. The BCS is about making money, not setting up games b/n the most deserving teams whose conferences don't have automatic bowl bids. If there is an at-large bid at a BCS bowl, and the bowl selection committee will look at the available schools and see who can bring the largest fan base and most money to that venue (tickets, hotels, tourism, etc) The big conferences have automatic bowl bids b/c historically they are strong conferences with strong fan bases. Currently, Boise could compete and do well in some large conferences, but they aren't in one.

I'm a med student. I enjoy reading this forum, and sorry to jump in b/c I'm not a resident/attending, but college football is something close to my heart. I played football in college and the team I was on actually went to a BCS bowl...and we played Boise State in another bowl while I was on the team.

Last edited:
If Boise played Clemsons schedule they would be lucky to get 3-4 W's.

The ACC is generally a very weak football conference. Terrible example. If you mentioned an SEC team I might go along with you. Boise would easily win double 3-4 W's in the ACC.

All in all, a good team but not top 10.

Is South Carolina from the mighty SEC worth their top 10 ranking with their close 45-42 win over Georgia from the mighty SEC? Cause if they are then how do you explain Boise's easier 35-21 win over Georgia from the mighty SEC if they aren't top 10?

Serious haters on here. Give them their due.

Oregon. Virginia Tech last year. Georgia this year. Boise State is a good team, they are productive, but aren't very flashy. Sometimes people get the two confused. Hunting dogs and show dogs. Boise is a team of hunting dogs, they may not all look like players from Oklahoma, but they get the job done. Very good and competitive team in my mind. The BCS is about making money, not setting up games b/n the most deserving teams whose conferences don't have automatic bowl bids. If there is an at-large bid at a BCS bowl, and the bowl selection committee will look at the available schools and see who can bring the largest fan base and most money to that venue (tickets, hotels, tourism, etc) The big conferences have automatic bowl bids b/c historically they are strong conferences with strong fan bases. Currently, Boise could compete and do well in some large conferences, but they aren't in one.

I'm a med student. I enjoy reading this forum, and sorry to jump in b/c I'm not a resident/attending, but college football is something close to my heart. I played football in college and the team I was on actually went to a BCS bowl...and we played Boise State in another bowl while I was on the team.

Thing is tech ended up having a mediocre year last year (after all the preseason hype), and georgia is on its way to having a terrible year this year. I give richt a 50/50 chance of finishing the season. Don't get me wrong, boise is a very good team. Do they deserve to be #4 after beating a very poorly coached georgia team (how many false starts did they have in their 1st series?) and some other team who I can't remember their name? Who knows? My opinion is that they should not rank anybody at all for the first 3 or 4 games.

By the way, I think it is a travesty to be able to win all your games and not have a chance at a championship. But right now the rules are what they are. They have been here alot the past few years. The fact is they need to play some more ranked teams and not the cream puff schedule they have this year. If they want to win a championship (bcs) they are going to have to play the bcs game.

Members don't see this ad :)

By the way, welcome.

Is South Carolina from the mighty SEC worth their top 10 ranking with their close 45-42 win over Georgia from the mighty SEC? Cause if they are then how do you explain Boise's easier 35-21 win over Georgia from the mighty SEC if they aren't top 10?

Serious haters on here. Give them their due.

No I think Arkansas should be ranked ahead of SC. Oregon should be ahead of SC too (no shame in losing to LSU this year). SC shows up to play sometimes and sometimes not. Next week Arkansas vs. Bama is going to be a great game.

Thing is tech ended up having a mediocre year last year (after all the preseason hype), and georgia is on its way to having a terrible year this year. I give richt a 50/50 chance of finishing the season. Don't get me wrong, boise is a very good team. Do they deserve to be #4 after beating a very poorly coached georgia team (how many false starts did they have in their 1st series?) and some other team who I can't remember their name? Who knows? My opinion is that they should not rank anybody at all for the first 3 or 4 games.

By the way, I think it is a travesty to be able to win all your games and not have a chance at a championship. But right now the rules are what they are. They have been here alot the past few years. The fact is they need to play some more ranked teams and not the cream puff schedule they have this year. If they want to win a championship (bcs) they are going to have to play the bcs game.
Tech went 9-0 in the same conference that Boise would supposedly only get 3-4 wins/ year in. If a mediocre year is a conference title your expectations must be pretty darn high

Tech went 9-0 in the same conference that Boise would supposedly only get 3-4 wins/ year in. If a mediocre year is a conference title your expectations must be pretty darn high

Yeah, but they got beat by James Madison and lost their bowl game. Plus an ACC title has about as much value as our current dollar.

I have no ties to the ACC or to Toledo. I won't say where I come from except that it's a major college with major football. I would love to see a playoff system. And I would also love to see a team like Boise put it to a real team. But unfortunately, I don't think this years team is the one. But we won't know bc their schedule is so weak. I agree that they have beat some bigger teams in the past but if they played in even a weaker conference like the ACC they would not be winning week in and week out.

I like Boise State's offensive and defensive systems and appreciate the good football they play. Unfortunately, they play a complete crap schedule every year because of their bad conference so they have never had a chance to prove they are as good as teams from "real" conferences playing lots of tough games week in and week out.

I mean how many tough road games has Boise State played in the last 5 years? By tough we'll say FBS (formerly D1A) team from BCS conference that finished the season with 9+ wins. I'm guessing not many. Have they ever had to play consecutive tough road games? Have they ever had to play a stretch of 3 out of 4 games against ranked opponents?

The past few years they end up with one decent (or even sometimes good) opponent OOC and then a bunch of nothing until their bowl game. It's unfortunate for them.

Why not? Afraid of ridicule? I don't think so. So why not? It's not like someone could track you down, just by you saying you went to Alabama or Michigan or USC.

Ok, I'll think about it. Usually I try not to give any info about myself on The Internet. But I'll say this, my team would beat Boise. I'm hoping for an undefeated season but we play 6 top 25 teams this year. That should give some real clues.

BTW, this is college football so I expect some ridicule. It wouldn't be fun without it.

What's your team?

Right now I would shave Boise ranked 10th. And that is generous.

The University of Miami (FL) had to deal with this when they were in the Big East circa 2000, 2001. At that time, the conference was crappy, but they did the best with what they had. Plus, Miami also had a pedigree of greatness, but still, crappy schedule, and they won a national championship. They moved to the ACC which had a horrible year last year. Clemson looks pretty good, Va Tech is usually strong in conference play. Either way. If Boise wins out, and crushes their opponents, then they should play in the championship game. But, LSU and Oklahoma are this year's teams....both are excellent. I'm not a fan of either, but they are good teams, with strong offensive lines, and really, if you don't have a solid Offensive line, you're not going far, but I'm biased.

The University of Miami (FL) had to deal with this when they were in the Big East circa 2000, 2001. At that time, the conference was crappy, but they did the best with what they had. Plus, Miami also had a pedigree of greatness, but still, crappy schedule, and they won a national championship. They moved to the ACC which had a horrible year last year. Clemson looks pretty good, Va Tech is usually strong in conference play. Either way. If Boise wins out, and crushes their opponents, then they should play in the championship game. But, LSU and Oklahoma are this year's teams....both are excellent. I'm not a fan of either, but they are good teams, with strong offensive lines, and really, if you don't have a solid Offensive line, you're not going far, but I'm biased.

I agree mostly but I'd add Florida State in the mix of good ACC teams. They are extremely young this year and they were in that game with OU till the end. And with that being said, I'd put Bama up there with OU and LSU.

The difference as you said btw Miami and Boise is that Miami was truly a strong team with great athletes.

People have been saying this same thing for the last few years about Boise - people scream "give them a bigger schedule!"

The problem is, no team has anything to gain to play Boise. If they win, it doesn't do them any good. And they have EVERYTHING to loose (when they loose) - so Boise will continue to struggle with their weak schedule. In addition, the powers that be - the money chasers - don't want Boise to be a power house. Boise will never bring the money or the viewers like some other common large city schools do.

It's the same in the NBA - the money ****** would like a Chicago/LA final every year. How many Stockton/Malone Jersey's are out there? Not many.

I'm doomed being from Idaho....:(

I dunno about that dude.

The SEC is in a different league.

I'm a U fan so it hurts me to say this.

Alabama, LSU, and (yukkk i hate to go here but I have to) THE Fu&^ING GATORS (WHO I HATE>>>CAN YOU TELL???)

THOSE 3 TEAMS...I'M SURE THERES MORE... WOULD

SMOKE

BOISE.

Different leagues man.

People have been saying this same thing for the last few years about Boise - people scream "give them a bigger schedule!"

The problem is, no team has anything to gain to play Boise. If they win, it doesn't do them any good. And they have EVERYTHING to loose (when they loose) - so Boise will continue to struggle with their weak schedule. In addition, the powers that be - the money chasers - don't want Boise to be a power house. Boise will never bring the money or the viewers like some other common large schools do. :(
Do you really believe Boise can become a "power house". Really:laugh:

You say this but actually they do have something to gain by playing Boise. Just not as much to gain by playing the SEC so Boise loses out there as well. Now the SEC doesn't need to play Boise bc they already have the strongest schedules in all of football.

So when you say this you are just talking about the SEC teams.

The problem is, no team has anything to gain to play Boise. If they win, it doesn't do them any good. And they have EVERYTHING to loose (when they loose) - so Boise will continue to struggle with their weak schedule. In addition, the powers that be - the money chasers - don't want Boise to be a power house. Boise will never bring the money or the viewers like some other common large city schools do.

It's the same in the NBA - the money ****** would like a Chicago/LA final every year. How many Stockton/Malone Jersey's are out there? Not many.

I'm doomed being from Idaho....:(

I agree with you here. Ever been to an LSU home game (don't if you haven't) ? Bama game? Auburn game? Every Sat in fall 100,000 fans in the stadium off year or not. The BCS loves the SEC. As for Boise playing top teams. I agree that there are alot of teams that don't want any. Take Bama's schedule this year(I am not a Bama fan). Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Penn State (at home), Auburn (at home), then at the end of the year the SEC championship game. As the year goes on think about week in and week out playing this schedule. Why would any coach want to play an extremely tough nonconference game, especially against an opponent who just doesn't experience the same grind week after week. Boise is great at getting up for one or two or even three tough games a year. They are well coached and disciplined. But I don't really think they have any depth. They have good players but not 2 or 3 good players at every position. If you look at them, then look at LSU (I am not an LSU fan either) who has an NFL caliber defense this year or Bama, can you really say that an even a one loss Bama or LSU team should not jump Boise to the championship game? I know you can, and I hate to see stuff like that happen, but Bama and LSU would kill Boise this year. I also hate to say that one or both of them will have a loss and even with that loss the SEC (as long as there is only one loss) will go to the national championship game again.

Now before we say Boise would get killed by SEC du jour, remember that Boise plastered Alabama in a BCS bowl and it wasn't even close. Certainly Alabama is a great team, but remember that they had a stacked team that year plus a more experienced QB that year and Boise still handed it to them.

Boise State, contrary to popular perception, wins with grit and a punishing running game combined with a refined, multifaceted passing game. They can play run and shoot all day long, but prefer to pound it and let Kellen Moore pick apart a defense that gets sucked up into the box trying to defend the run.

Chris Peterson is a phenomenal coach that would have a 25+ game win streak if his kicker last year didn't miss 3 gimme's in the Nevada game.

I have been watching my University of Texas Longhorns employ the Boise offense and I am amazed at how punishing the offense is with lead draws, inside traps, and jumbo packages, even on first downs, then hits you with play action, reverse option passes, deep posts and slants, etc. The highlight reels made it look like my Horns gimmicked their way to a 49-20 win over UCLA but they rushed 54 times for 284 yards.

I think should consider going football independent and play a ton of road games against top teams a la Notre Dame and then they could win over the voters consistently. I am just glad that my team has picked up the offensive philosophy of State. It has been a joy to watch them this year compared to the horror of Greg the Chimp Davis' 2 yard curl offense. I am equally happy to have heard Chris Peterson say that the only team he would leave Boise to coach was Texas.

Boise State never played Alabama in a BCS bowl game. You are probably remembering the Fiesta Bowl where they beat Oklahoma. But it certainly wasn't a blowout. They won on a last second statue of liberty play for the 2 point conversion to win in a tight game featuring lots of well executed trick plays by Boise. They caught Oklahoma off guard and made them pay. That was one in a long line of bowl losses by Stoops.

Now before we say Boise would get killed by SEC du jour, remember that Boise plastered Alabama in a BCS bowl and it wasn't even close. Certainly Alabama is a great team, but remember that they had a stacked team that year plus a more experienced QB that year and Boise still handed it to them.

Boise State, contrary to popular perception, wins with grit and a punishing running game combined with a refined, multifaceted passing game. They can play run and shoot all day long, but prefer to pound it and let Kellen Moore pick apart a defense that gets sucked up into the box trying to defend the run.

Chris Peterson is a phenomenal coach that would have a 25+ game win streak if his kicker last year didn't miss 3 gimme's in the Nevada game.

I have been watching my University of Texas Longhorns employ the Boise offense and I am amazed at how punishing the offense is with lead draws, inside traps, and jumbo packages, even on first downs, then hits you with play action, reverse option passes, deep posts and slants, etc. The highlight reels made it look like my Horns gimmicked their way to a 49-20 win over UCLA but they rushed 54 times for 284 yards.

I think should consider going football independent and play a ton of road games against top teams a la Notre Dame and then they could win over the voters consistently. I am just glad that my team has picked up the offensive philosophy of State. It has been a joy to watch them this year compared to the horror of Greg the Chimp Davis' 2 yard curl offense. I am equally happy to have heard Chris Peterson say that the only team he would leave Boise to coach was Texas.

UTSW, I like your passion here but you are a bit misguided. ;)
As Mman said, it was OU not Bama and OU was struggling those days (as much as OU can struggle).

And Boise has a "punishing ground" game?:laugh: I think you have been watching LSU and mistaking them for Boise. Boise is the team in blue and orange not purple and gold. :love:

A playoff system would be ideal maybe for the top 4 teams. Maybe 8. But if a team plays in this "playoff," and loses they wouldn't have time to prepare to play in a bowl game. Going to a bowl game is a reward for having a good season. If you lose a game during the year, then you didn't take care of business like you should have, and you give someone else an opportunity to take your place in the national championship. BCS looks for dollar signs. Anyone remember the shake-up between the Big 12 South between Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech a couple years ago. As there was a 3 way tie, so they depended on the BCS ranking to see who would go to the Big 12 championship game to play Missouri (I'm guessing, could be wrong). Oklahoma had a higher ranking, so they went to the game, won, played Florida for the National Championship....and lost. In that instance I think the BCS was just a few guys in a room deciding who they wanted to go further and who had more money to spend. I'm kidding, of course. The BCS is flawed for sure, 2006 Florida went to the National Championship with 2 losses, and beat an awful Ohio State, who couldn't win a big game at all.
Just saw on ESPN. North Carolina vacated football wins from 2008 and 2009, lost 9 scholarships and placed itself on 2 years probation. But, how do you think Butch Davis got a lot of great players to Miami during his tenure there? same stuff. He left before he got caught. UNC was progressing well and I enjoyed watching them, but I think they will struggle for a few years, and hopefully after that they get back on track.
Boise just beats teams, whoever gets scheduled, they beat them. Except for Nevada last year (who was actually a pretty good team, their qb, kapernick (sp), was a high draft pick to the 49ers.) Boise needs people to hate them, they should play with a chip on their shoulder. I read somewhere that haters are like brussel sprouts, you don't like them, but they are good for you.

A playoff system in college would be a logistical nightmare. Many schools have a hard enough time selling 30,000 bowl tickets when they know 10 weeks in advance where they are going.

Can you imagine two schools trying to sell 30,000 tickets each on 6 days notice to a neutral site venue?

Or do you just sell the tickets to corporate big wigs 6 months in advance so the 2 teams can play to a neutral crowd and not in front of their fans (or perhaps to fans shelling out $500 to scalpers)?

UTSW, I like your passion here but you are a bit misguided. ;)
As Mman said, it was OU not Bama and OU was struggling those days (as much as OU can struggle).

And Boise has a "punishing ground" game?:laugh: I think you have been watching LSU and mistaking them for Boise. Boise is the team in blue and orange not purple and gold. :love:

I was thinking Utah's thrashing of Alabama. I'll blame my addled memory on the radiation treatments. :D

Boise State last year rushed 485 times for 2603 yards, 5.37 ypc, 34 rushing TD's, averages of 37 carries/game, 200 yards rushing per game. That's pretty darn punishing especially considering they also piled on 321 yards passing per game with 38 passing TD's.

This year, they return leading rusher Doug Martin, but lost their other two top rushers who contributed heavily to the rushing game and kepts Martin fresh. They also retooled the line but still beat Georgia handily.

I was thinking Utah's thrashing of Alabama. I'll blame my addled memory on the radiation treatments. :D

Boise State last year rushed 485 times for 2603 yards, 5.37 ypc, 34 rushing TD's, averages of 37 carries/game, 200 yards rushing per game. That's pretty darn punishing especially considering they also piled on 321 yards passing per game with 38 passing TD's.

This year, they return leading rusher Doug Martin, but lost their other two top rushers who contributed heavily to the rushing game and kepts Martin fresh. They also retooled the line but still beat Georgia handily.

While I love Boise's offense, any mention of their stats has to include the defensive stats of their opponents. And for the most part, it isn't pretty. They play some pretty bad defenses to gain those stats against.

They have good coaching and a good system. But after all these years, they still haven't had that much talent. I'd imagine you can count the number of NFL starters they've produced in a decade on one hand.

Future scheduled non-conference games
Year Home Games Neutral Games Away Games
2012 Miami (OH), BYU Michigan State, Southern Miss
2013 Southern Miss Washington, BYU
2014 BYU ^Ole Miss
2015 Washington BYU
2016 Washington State Oregon State
2017 Washington State
2022 Michigan State
2023 Michigan State
^ Ole Miss game will be in the Chick-fil-A College Kickoff at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

This is boise's scheduled non-confirm games for the next 6+ years. Doesn't look like anything is going to change in the near future. More mediocrity.

A playoff system in college would be a logistical nightmare. Many schools have a hard enough time selling 30,000 bowl tickets when they know 10 weeks in advance where they are going.

Can you imagine two schools trying to sell 30,000 tickets each on 6 days notice to a neutral site venue?

Or do you just sell the tickets to corporate big wigs 6 months in advance so the 2 teams can play to a neutral crowd and not in front of their fans (or perhaps to fans shelling out $500 to scalpers)?

Mman, are you on the payroll of the BCS? That sounds like all the arguments the BCS makes - but no one else seems to be saying that...interesting.....

It's about the money - everything always is right? I could care less if LSU doesn't makes it's millions of dollars - I want the best thing for the sport...and many people agree with me.

I have read a ton on the subject, and the stuff people say against a tourny never makes sense to me.

Here is a good discussion with some links to other great discussions.

Interesting that this arguement makes it's way to Capitol Hill.

Like legalizing mary jane, or making gay marriage legal...it doesn't matter where you fall on the arguement - it's going to happen eventually. A tournament is inevitable.

Future scheduled non-conference games
Year Home Games Neutral Games Away Games
2012 Miami (OH), BYU Michigan State, Southern Miss
2013 Southern Miss Washington, BYU
2014 BYU ^Ole Miss
2015 Washington BYU
2016 Washington State Oregon State
2017 Washington State
2022 Michigan State
2023 Michigan State
^ Ole Miss game will be in the Chick-fil-A College Kickoff at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

This is boise's scheduled non-confirm games for the next 6+ years. Doesn't look like anything is going to change in the near future. More mediocrity.

Like I said - no one will play Boise...and why would they since it is a no-win situation for them...even a win isn't really that great cuz as you have pointed out - they have no respect - they may loose and that will really hurt them, but if they win - people like yourself think 'eh, Boise isn't that great anyway, so big deal'.

People can say what they will about who can beat who - say that your team would KILL Boise - but NO ONE can really say that for sure - until they play.

The only REAL answer to that equation is a tournament.

Experts who know far more than us pick the wrong winner all the time. And the experts who do this for a living - study this sheeet all day long - have placed Boise as the 4rth best team in the Nation.

Watching the Clemson/Auburn game and the size, strength and speed is just way beyond Boise.... If Boise played Clemsons schedule they would be lucky to get 3-4 W's

Can we finally put this to rest as total silliness? Georgia was 7-1 in the SEC (yes, they avoided the 2 maybe 3 best teams). Their only loss was a slim loss to a very good SC team. Their only other loss all year? They got spanked, at home, .....by Boise State. That's 7-1 in the SEC, not the joke ACC.

Auburn?? Haha. Georgia spanked them easy. As for 3-4 ACC W's; completely ridiculous. The very evenly matched SC and GA teams spanked 2 of the best ACC teams, your "tough" Clemson team and GA Tech.

If Boise State played in the ACC, the only team on their level is VA Tech. They could realistically run the table for an undefeated ACC title. Don't think so? Who in the ACC is better than Georgia besides maybe, .....maybe, Virginia Tech?

OK, I just looked at VA Tech's schedule with a huge number of close victories including impressive wins of 14-10 over the mighty Duke Blue Devils (oh wait, nevermind, this isn't basketball) and 17-10 over the bruising East Carolina Pirates.

On further review Boise State would be the best team in the ACC if that's where they played. I know Georgia would be for certain.

Boise would have been in the top 2 teams of any conference they might have played in over the last 5 years. They have proven they are not a flash in the pan. They have consistently recruited top notch players that were overlooked by other schools and have done nothing but win. People will point to a couple losses against poor teams, but even the best teams have those games occasionally. It is strange that everyone always compares Boise only to the SEC, which is widely considered the best of the conferences. What gets overlooked is that Boise would probably win the Big East, the Big 10, the ACC, and quite possibly the Big 12 or the Pac 12. It is always, "Boise could never compete in the SEC!" However, that would be true and is true for >90% of all of the Div I teams. Why is Boise held to a higher standard than all of the teams in all of the other BCS conferences?

The talking heads will bash them and say that they don't play anyone that is any good. Then, those power teams will rarely schedule them for a game. I think if Boise played Bama 10 times, I would bet that Boise would win at least four of the matchups. Obviously, it would need to be a non SEC officiating crew. It is amazing how the officials have injected themselves into changing the outcomes of games in the past couple of years.

The University of Houston seems pretty good this year, but I am not quite sold on them yet. They may get to a BCS game and pull a Hawai'i.

While we are on the BCS topic, who thinks it will be a tragedy to have a rematch of LSU and 'Bama in the title game? I do. 'Bama had their shot already. Let another one loss team have a go. My vote would be for Ok St if they win out. Had Boise not lost, I would have liked to see them get a shot.

If Georgia upsets LSU in the SEC championship game, there will really be a mess. I foresee the voters moving Bama up to 1, LSU down to 2, and then Georgia will also go to a BCS game (Little known rule where 3 teams from one conference can get into the BCS games if the top 2 teams in the polls are both in the same conference but not conference champs) and you would have 2 non conference champions from the same conference playing for the title. I feel that if you cannot win your conference, you should not be playing for the national championship.

So funny that a playoff system would solve all of these problems, but they refuse to see how lucrative it could be for college football.

Urban Meyer brings an SEC spread offense to a school with a long history of quality recruiting and strong defense. Prepare for an era of total Buckeye domination.

Discuss.

Urban Meyer brings an SEC spread offense to a school with a long history of quality recruiting and strong defense. Prepare for an era of total Buckeye domination.

Discuss.

A shameful contract...

HH

A shameful contract...

HH

Aw, how do you figure?

If you felt it should have gone to Fickell, the man was never promised the job. It was pretty clearly laid out as a year long interim position, and I bet if Fickell was being honest he would admit he's simply not ready to coach a program as big and intense as OSU..

Discuss.

I predict more scandals, more tattoos, and several 4th place finishes with low rent bowl games to show for it. Or...maybe not. Hard to say. Big 10 currently way over rated.