Is Anyone Impressed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I predict more scandals, more tattoos, and several 4th place finishes with low rent bowl games to show for it. Or...maybe not. Hard to say. Big 10 currently way over rated.

If any one of those "scandal" scenarios were even the slightest bit unique to Ohio State or even the big ten, let pigs fly out of my rear tonight while I'm sleeping. While buckeyes were getting free (crappy) tattoos, Miami was sending their players on hooker filled boat parties with dump trucks full of coke, and yet nothing really came of that (lest we forget Cam Newton while we're on the topic). My point? Every school is pulling this crap, and they always have been.

As for being overrated, despite being a much slower and old fashioned offense, Ohio State has consistently been a top 10 team for a long time. As I said, speed up the offense and add some SEC spread flavor, and no one will stop the buckeyes.

Members don't see this ad.

If any one of those "scandal" scenarios were even the slightest bit unique to Ohio State or even the big ten, let pigs fly out of my rear tonight while I'm sleeping. While buckeyes were getting free (crappy) tattoos, Miami was sending their players on hooker filled boat parties with dump trucks full of coke, and yet nothing really came of that (lest we forget Cam Newton while we're on the topic). My point? Every school is pulling this crap, and they always have been.

As for being overrated, despite being a much slower and old fashioned offense, Ohio State has consistently been a top 10 team for a long time. As I said, speed up the offense and add some SEC spread flavor, and no one will stop the buckeyes.

I agree. OState's scandals are "child's play" (or should I say not child's play for the benefit of Penn State) compared to all of the other scandals going on in the last couple of years. Still can't believe that Auburn seemingly got away with it despite blatant cheating.
Here is how it goes:
NCAA official number 1: Well, we found out that Auburn is paying their players, Miami is getting hookers for recruits, Colorado is prostituting co-eds for recruits, Ohio State players are selling their memorabilia in exchange for tattoos, and Penn State is running a homosexual pedophile program under the guise of a charity program to help troubled kids and all of the Penn State officials know about it. What should we do?
NCAA official number 2: Well, I guess we are left with no choice but to take away a few of Boise State's scholarships and impose the death penalty on SMU.

Anybody else hoping for Oklahoma to jump past Alabama for #2 in the BCS so we can avoid the tragedy of an all SEC/rematch championship game?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else hoping for Oklahoma to jump past Alabama for #2 in the BCS so we can avoid the tragedy of an all SEC/rematch championship game?

Only way the championship game would be anything other than Bama/LSU is if LSU lost the SEC championship game. They would have dropped out of number one pushing Bama to 1 and allowing OK State to move into 2. Even then it may not happen since LSU would still have best record in NCAA at 12-1 where everyone else at the top is 11-1. Moot point though since they didn't lose :D

Last edited:

Oklahoma lost 44-10 yesterday. It's very unlikely to happen :)

On the bright side, we are saved from hearing Houston fans saying we need a playoff system.