Is CVS buying Omnicare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One cheap grimey retail company now buying the cheap grimey LTC company

Members don't see this ad :)
It is a done deal. CVS is buying Omnicare

I work for omnicare and did not do the ESPP for the past 3 years. Stock price goes from 30 to 96 :(

Now CVS just has to buy a drug manufacturer and then they can change their name to Umbrella Corp.

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine if CVS actually did buy a generic manufacturer. They would be unbeatable. I'll make this brand new generic and only pay basic chemical synthesis costs for my own stores. And then put it out on the market for AWP for everyone else.

Feds wouldn't let them do it though. That's entering monopoly territory.

Imagine if CVS actually did buy a generic manufacturer. They would be unbeatable. I'll make this brand new generic and only pay basic chemical synthesis costs for my own stores. And then put it out on the market for AWP for everyone else.

Why even put it out on the market? Make it a CVS-brand generic. And why not corner the market on some ingredients like Mylan did a decade ago? Need that generic lorazepam? Only available at your neighborhood CVS!

Larry M.: Like that idea? I'm totally available to do some consulting work for CVS Health, seeing as how the consulting work I was doing for Omnicare is probably going to disappear soon. They'll put in a good word for me. :)

Feds wouldn't let them do it though. That's entering monopoly territory.

The vertical integration would be insane. Drug mfr, PBM/payer, distro (mail or brick and mortar).

It could totally work if CVS can throw in some guarantees to sell to competitors and include some BS about drug shortages/guarantees to manufacture for like 5-10 years.

Yah know...all CVS needs to do is integrate a McDonald's or Burger King in its stores and pretty soon CVS will cause the disease, so you go to an in-house minute clinic to get dx'd, and the treatment is paid for/manufactured/distributed as above. Maintenance visits/adjustments to be handled by the clinic or pharmacist (if legal in that state).

They can capture every dollar.

Heck start selling coffins like Costco.

Insane.

Reactions: 1 user