Is it a bad idea to take it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eflwon

PlaDO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am hearing so many people talk about backing out now, because they dont feel ready. How bad is it to take it even if your not completely ready. I just got a 23 on aamc7 which isnt nearly what i want but i think that i can pull it up a bit. furthermore i have studied for about 6 weeks and have paid for the test so why wouldnt i take it. Do schools look down on it if you got mid 20's and then retook it. thanks for the advice

Members don't see this ad.

I think that if u dont feel absolutely, positively ready you shouldnt take it even if u paid for the test. u dont want a poor score looming over u when u apply for schools (which i have from the april 2005 test) and hafta explain the poor score. also prior to april i just kept telling myself "if i do bad i can just take it again" but the fact of the matter is you DONT wanna take it again and u should only take it if ur absolutely ready. good luck with whatever u decide to do :luck:

i took it in 2003 before i was ready--- bad bad bad idea. i'm not completely sure how it'll look to med schools since it is going to be pretty old by the time i apply, but still-- if you think you can do better, why sell yourself short because you spent 6weeks/200 bucks on it? is it worth it? i don't htink it is if you think of the big picture.

as someone who has been there, trust me-- wait til you are satisfied with your practice performance.

It is becoming more and more difficult to remain confident. I want a 33 for the school of my dreams. My TPR diags were 24, 25 and 31. I took 7R today and only got a 31. I'm hoping that I'm doing the right thing by taking it! I'm trying to kick it these last few weeks, but I'm thinking it's going to come down to luck and which material they stress on the August test.