Is it easier for females?

medstud104

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do females have it easier than males in relationships?

Be honest. Is it easier for a female in the world?

If a female disagrees, please explain why.

Members don't see this ad.

notsureifsrs.

Go make an online dating account as an average looking female and see how many guys message you within the first 15 minutes.

Go make one as an attractive guy and see how many girls message you in the first 15 days.

The average looking 6/10 female has it infinitely easier than a 9/10 attractive guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
notsureifsrs.

Go make an online dating account as an average looking female and see how many guys message you within the first 15 minutes.

Go make one as an attractive guy and see how many girls message you in the first 15 days.

The average looking 6/10 female has it infinitely easier than a 9/10 attractive guy.
I actually did this once back in 2005 when Facebook had a ton of funny troll accounts. I was "Hot Lesbian" with some hot Lacey Chabert photo. I wanted to change my perspective and see the world through the eyes of a hot chick so I could better apply that to my own strategy. I documented my research findings (lol) on rSDN and somewhere else on SDN, but it was basically penis flying at me from every direction. It was a battle zone. As Chris Rock said, "Want some dick?"

* Dozens of messages daily.
* Dozens of friend requests daily.
* Dozens of Wall posts daily.
* Unsolicited phone numbers (no challenge factor either, people were surrendering their phone numbers in the FIRST MESSAGE).
* Lesbian women behaved almost identically to the straight males.
* The combo of an attractive, feminine profile photo AND lesbian made my profile a magnet for idiots, like a moth to light.
* I actually got annoyed that guys would message me and offer their penis without even reading my profile and getting to know the real me.

Ended up in aggregate to be over 1000 friends, wall posts, and messages.

I quickly learned that I couldn't respond to everyone. I didn't even have time to READ the messages let alone respond.

----------------------

I quickly realized that attractive females HAVE to learn coping strategies... defense mechanisms... rejection mechanisms... in order to live a normal life. Women will ASSUME (often incorrectly) that ANY guy who talks to them or looks at them is attracted to her and wants to offer his dick. So she HAS to close up as the rule rather than the exception and only THEN open up to the guy(s) she allows to pursue her.

Before this social experiment, I -- being the naiive good guy at the time -- innocently wanted to hold platonic conversations with women without them falsely assuming I was interested in them. I got pissed off when a chick I only saw as a friend thought I wanted to bone her and thus her bitch/rejection shields would be deployed.

I realized with my findings that -- in general -- these mechanisms are merely for the woman's survival in daily life and for me to successfully interact with an attractive woman, I had to assume those things and navigate around and through them.

I guess through my social experiment I learned a lot and was better able to adapt my strategy.

I actually did this once back in 2005 when Facebook had a ton of funny troll accounts. I was "Hot Lesbian" with some hot Lacey Chabert photo. I wanted to change my perspective and see the world through the eyes of a hot chick so I could better apply that to my own strategy. I documented my research findings (lol) on rSDN and somewhere else on SDN, but it was basically penis flying at me from every direction. It was a battle zone. As Chris Rock said, "Want some dick?"

* Unsolicited phone numbers (no challenge factor either, people were surrendering their phone numbers in the FIRST MESSAGE).
* The combo of an attractive, feminine profile photo AND lesbian made my profile a magnet for idiots, like a moth to light.
* I actually got annoyed that guys would message me and offer their penis without even reading my profile and getting to know the real me.

I quickly learned that I couldn't respond to everyone. I didn't even have time to READ the messages let alone respond.

----------------------

I quickly realized that attractive females HAVE to learn coping strategies... defense mechanisms... rejection mechanisms... in order to live a normal life. Women will ASSUME (often incorrectly) that ANY guy who talks to them or looks at them is attracted to her and wants to offer his dick. So she HAS to close up as the rule rather than the exception and only THEN open up to the guy(s) she allows to pursue her.

Before this social experiment, I -- being the naiive good guy at the time -- innocently wanted to hold platonic conversations with women without them falsely assuming I was interested in them. I got pissed off when a chick I only saw as a friend thought I wanted to bone her and thus her bitch/rejection shields would be deployed.

I realized with my findings that -- in general -- these mechanisms are merely for the woman's survival in daily life and for me to successfully interact with an attractive woman, I had to assume those things and navigate around and through them.

I guess through my social experiment I learned a lot and was better able to adapt my strategy.

Interesting, but yea just proves the well known point. Even the most attractive guys won't get a fraction of that much attention. In fact, I doubt even a very attractive guy who isn't popular would get all that much attention. But as you showed, an unknown hot chick gets infinite attention.

Is anyone here a female? Because I am.

Getting attention doesn't always correlate with having meaningful relationships.

I'm going to say that it's more common for males to be superficial.

From my experience, I've seen much more attractive females go out with not-so-attractive guys than the opposite phenomenon.

We can't really change what we're born with, but at least guys can put on muscle, be in positions of power, or whatever.

Females generally are more interested in personality and feelings, so as long as you're a sincere guy who cares, you WILL live happily ever after with someone.

It's more likely that females get impressed with small things.
Not sure I can say the same for males.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

----------------------

The only intelligent male in this thread so far is strokin... not surprising....

Sure I can go out or join an online dating site and get a number of guys contacting me, hitting on me, etc.... but guess what... all they see me as is a piece of fecking meat... and you know what it gets really old, disconcerting, frustrating as hell, etc. Strokin hit the nail on the head, I have had to close myself off when meeting guys until I can suss out what their intentions are and it really is too damn bad.

Sure if I want to get laid in the world... I probably do have it easier, but if I want to find a meaningful relationship then hell no I do not have it any easier then men... if anything I think I might even have it harder.

I'm going to say that it's more common for males to be superficial.

From my experience, I've seen much more attractive females go out with not-so-attractive guys than the opposite phenomenon.

That's because women are attracted to money/status while men are attracted to looks. But it's still superficial. Women aren't these "deep" people.

That's because women are attracted to money/status while men are attracted to looks. But it's still superficial. Women aren't these "deep" people.

What type of women are you meeting? I could give two ****es about money/status... so that is a pretty blanket generalisation.... just like saying all men go for a woman based solely on looks....

TBH it is more important that I am attracted to a man, we have sexual chemistry, he is a good person, caring, honest, sense of humour... money/status never factors into it... I can take care of myself thankyouverymuch :smuggrin:

What type of women are you meeting?
IKR

ruralsurg4now, think about WHY people like The Notebook... That female character fell twice for a poor guy who CARED.

If a female shows how much she cares about a male, the male may think of her as clingy/creepy - not sweet.
I personally try to be careful with this.

At least guys CAN win superficial females over if they want to.

Last edited:
The only intelligent male in this thread so far is strokin... not surprising....

Sure I can go out or join an online dating site and get a number of guys contacting me, hitting on me, etc.... but guess what... all they see me as is a piece of fecking meat... and you know what it gets really old, disconcerting, frustrating as hell, etc. Strokin hit the nail on the head, I have had to close myself off when meeting guys until I can suss out what their intentions are and it really is too damn bad.

Sure if I want to get laid in the world... I probably do have it easier, but if I want to find a meaningful relationship then hell no I do not have it any easier then men... if anything I think I might even have it harder.

Getting laid = much easier for women
Finding a relationship = equal

Overall: women have it easier yes

No women value attraction as much as men do, it's an absolute requirement.

What type of women are you meeting? I could give two ****es about money/status... so that is a pretty blanket generalisation.... just like saying all men go for a woman based solely on looks....

TBH it is more important that I am attracted to a man, we have sexual chemistry, he is a good person, caring, honest, sense of humour... money/status never factors into it... I can take care of myself thankyouverymuch :smuggrin:

This.

Getting laid = much easier for women
Finding a relationship = equal

Overall: women have it easier yes

No women value attraction as much as men do, it's an absolute requirement.

This.

Because of the stigma attached to it, it is "harder" for women to get laid. Most people I know do not look down on guys who sleep around. Can't say the same about women.

I personally find it hard to find the good fit to be in a relationship with bit most single women I know would rather be in a relationship than just hooking up. Can't say the same about most of my male friends. From this standpoint it may be a little handler for women to joke whether the guy they meet is actually interested in a relationship or is BSing her just to get laid.

ruralsurg4now, think about WHY people like The Notebook...

Um, it wasn't because the guy was unattractive, was it? No, probably not. In other words, it's fine if a hot guy is also sensitive. Of course women will go for that. But it's not going to be enough to have a very sensitive and caring ugly guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, it wasn't because the guy was unattractive, was it?
Nope, it had someone who CARED.
But it's not going to be enough to have a very sensitive and caring ugly guy.
You can also say the same for "a very sensitive and caring ugly" female (more likely an automatic no to most males).

In my opinion, it's difficult to find ugly people (they're outliers), but it IS enough to be non-phenomenal.
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559043_492106200823322_392294372_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419166_10100571933956657_71215723_n.jpg

Basically, the looks thing is even for both groups.
Males just have more stereotypical opportunities to impress other than by their looks... with being caring the most effective.

Last edited:
Because of the stigma attached to it, it is "harder" for women to get laid. Most people I know do not look down on guys who sleep around. Can't say the same about women.

I personally find it hard to find the good fit to be in a relationship with bit most single women I know would rather be in a relationship than just hooking up. Can't say the same about most of my male friends. From this standpoint it may be a little handler for women to joke whether the guy they meet is actually interested in a relationship or is BSing her just to get laid.

How? You can have sex with anonymous random people without anyone ever knowing. A girl can have sex with hundreds of guys and claim she's only had a few partners. It only becomes an issue within social groups/people who know other people who know her..etc.

In other words, a female can:

1) post an ad on craigslist for casual sex, gets over 100 emails... OR make a dating site profile and get hundreds of messages
2) have sex with as many as she wants
3) no one will find out (except the doctor at the STD clinic :) )

Guy version:

1) post an ad on craigslist = get responses from other guys or trannies or fake responses.. OR make a dating site profile and beg 4/10 women to give them his number
2) maybe have sex with a couple off of a dating site if he's lucky and attractive

Girls want casual sex as much as guys do. Guys want relationships as much as girls do. Males and females hurt each other emotionally all the same.

End of the day, humans are the same overall (on average).

Nope, it had someone who CARED.

You can also say the same for "a very sensitive and caring ugly" female (more likely an automatic no to most males).

In my opinion, it's difficult to find ugly people (they're outliers), but it IS enough to be non-phenomenal.
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559043_492106200823322_392294372_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419166_10100571933956657_71215723_n.jpg

Basically, the looks thing is even for both groups.
Males just have more stereotypical opportunities to impress other than by their looks... with being caring the most effective.

If that's true, those whiteknights always commenting and complimenting chicks on facebook should be slaying girls left and right, except.. they're slaying nothing but their hand. :laugh:

Meanwhile, what's up with these "bad boys" who are indeed slaying left and right. :confused:

Commenting on Facebook? Um... I don't really know how to respond to that. I like complimenting people too.
The males here are talking a lot about sex... It's not just about sex.

The first female got into the gifted and talented program and models (I went to school with her for years - she's incredibly compassionate, articulate, and hilarious).
The second female went to Duke University, is a year away from finishing her cardiology fellowship, and married that guy.

Stop hating on us... We like good people.

Sure, the girls are hotter than the guys, but you don't know that the girls aren't psychos just because they're smiling in those photos.

By the way, this thread is totally derailed now so I'm bailing.

lol those are like 6/10 girls with 4/10 guys, what's the big deal?

lol those are like 6/10 girls with 4/10 guys, what's the big deal?

They're still hotter than the guys they're with. I didn't say they were drop-dead gorgeous, but those guys are definitely below-average in the looks department, no offense to them.

They're still hotter than the guys they're with. I didn't say they were drop-dead gorgeous, but those guys are definitely below-average in the looks department, no offense to them.

And the girls were very average. (keep in mind they have make up on as well, so they could be less without it)
Nothing weird about a below average guy with an average girl.

Regardless, you see some more significant differences sometimes (though not often)... but once he/she realizes they can do better they will either cheat or leave or both.

How? You can have sex with anonymous random people without anyone ever knowing. A girl can have sex with hundreds of guys and claim she's only had a few partners. It only becomes an issue within social groups/people who know other people who know her..etc.

In other words, a female can:

1) post an ad on craigslist for casual sex, gets over 100 emails... OR make a dating site profile and get hundreds of messages
2) have sex with as many as she wants
3) no one will find out (except the doctor at the STD clinic :) )

Guy version:

1) post an ad on craigslist = get responses from other guys or trannies or fake responses.. OR make a dating site profile and beg 4/10 women to give them his number
2) maybe have sex with a couple off of a dating site if he's lucky and attractive

Girls want casual sex as much as guys do. Guys want relationships as much as girls do. Males and females hurt each other emotionally all the same.

End of the day, humans are the same overall (on average).

I think you are oversimplifying what women need to go through to find guys. Honestly, it is sketchy if not dangerous to use craigslist to find dates for most women. Dating sites are not much better. You really don't know who you are talking to and if I was a girl I would need to be really desperate to resort to online dating. True story, in my lab we trying recruiting subjects for paid research using craigslist. It was a disaster, the type of people you get were simply insane. I also know a girl who was harassed by craigslist guy who she sold her old cellphone to.

What other options do you have if you are average-looking woman? Friends and going to club. Not much different than guys except that most women will not and, IMHO, should not be approaching random guys at clubs and bars. So that usually leaves them at the mercy of men that approach them. And in these cares giving out your number or going home with guys on regular basis will earn you a pretty terrible reputation over time. This won't happen to a guy.

Also, I can't agree with you about women wanting to have casual sex with tons of random guys without wanting a relationship in the same numbers as men. It hasn't been the case in my experience. Even when nobody knows about it, most of the females I know would feel somewhat guilty and even ashamed about hooking up with a guy that will never call her back.

I think you are oversimplifying what women need to go through to find guys. Honestly, it is sketchy if not dangerous to use craigslist to find dates for most women. Dating sites are not much better. You really don't know who you are talking to and if I was a girl I would need to be really desperate to resort to online dating. True story, in my lab we trying recruiting subjects for paid research using craigslist. It was a disaster, the type of people you get were simply insane. I also know a girl who was harassed by craigslist guy who she sold her old cellphone to.

What other options do you have if you are average-looking woman? Friends and going to club. Not much different than guys except that most women will not and, IMHO, should not be approaching random guys at clubs and bars. So that usually leaves them at the mercy of men that approach them. And in these cares giving out your number or going home with guys on regular basis will earn you a pretty terrible reputation over time. This won't happen to a guy.

Also, I can't agree with you about women wanting to have casual sex with tons of random guys without wanting a relationship in the same numbers as men. It hasn't been the case in my experience. Even when nobody knows about it, most of the females I know would feel somewhat guilty and even ashamed about hooking up with a guy that will never call her back.

Meeting guys on craigslist is for casual sex, not dates. And I'm saying single women have it extremely easy given that they can get laid within hours compared to single men.

Of course there are dangers (assuming of course you're always having protected sex when with a non-long term partner who's tested and clean) but those dangers exist for everyone. I wouldn't say many men on there are absolutely insane, there's no doubt plenty of married men and plenty of horny single normal guys.
Anyway, again my point was a girl can EASILY get laid given what's available to her. Online sites are definitely an option and can't be disregarded.
Desperate? sure. Or maybe she wants to keep it anonymous.

Also, I wasn't talking about socially constructed behaviours and attitudes. I was saying that the biological desire is the same for women and men. Females are taught that they become sluts if they screw too many guys (which they do :) ) but that doesn't change the fact that they still have a desire to do so. Only difference may be that women may be less likely to act on such desires relative to men.

Nonetheless, a minority of guys get the majority of chicks. :)