Is it easy to date someone in dental school or even meet someone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golden93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts or opinions I guess?

Members don't see this ad.

No matter where you are, if all you're going to do is stay at home, you'll never meet anyone. Dental schools are usually located in large cities, with populations usually well over half a million. If you go out, do lots of activities, hang out with friends, expand your social circles, and step out of your comfort zone, then you will meet someone. Also, there is no law dictating that you as a dental student must only date other dental students. Considering dental schools usually only have like 300 people in the student body at at time (150 of the opposite gender), its unlikely one of those people is your soul mate. Live free my friend.

Reactions: 2 users
Easy to meet someone? Of course. Easy to date? No.

As Julian Delphiki said, if you stay at home, you won't meet too many people, meaning you won't meet too many single, eligible people. However, if you put yourself out there, you'll be meeting tons and tons of people (your classmates, upperclassmen, perhaps people from different professional schools). But dental school is not an easy ride - you will be busy. Staying in a healthy relationship requires a lot of commitment. There are people in my class that have already broken up with their partners, and it's only the 7th week of school. I myself am dealing with a very stressful relationship (very very long distance - we're working it out). Combined with the stress of dental school, I can see why a lot of people can't deal with being in a relationship.

That being said, it's still doable as long as both parties are committed. But beware about dating someone in your class. Imagine a terrible breakup and how awkward it would be to see your ex for the next few years of your life, everyday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have to ask, the answer is no.

Yes you can. I'm a D1 and man is there sexual tension! 2 relationships have formed and most people in my class broke up with thier long distance bf/gf. When we all go out we all wingman/woman for each other. Dental students work hard and play harder!

Reactions: 1 user
you study 24/7, take exams and quizzes every week, and when friday hits everyone wants to get it on. Just think of how you spent your fridays as an undergrad but with just a bit more studying and getting it down harder on the weekends.

Just think of how you spent your fridays as an undergrad but with just a bit more studying and getting it down harder on the weekends.

So I'll be redditing harder than I already am on weekends?

Reactions: 13 users
An oral surgeon I shadowed regularly told me that he has almost as much fun in dental school as he did in undergrad, if that means amything.

An oral surgeon I shadowed regularly told me that he has almost as much fun in dental school as he did in undergrad, if that means amything.

That depends how much fun he had in undergrad!