Is it worth resubmitting LoR to add date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dragonite7

Reaction score
I had submitted my application and secondaries a while ago, and have had my secondaries marked complete at several schools. However, today a school emailed me saying that one of my letters is not dated (apparently Interfolio does not check for this). They asked that I contact my professor to either resubmit the letter to AMCAS with date added or just email them directly with the new letter. Which would be best? My worry with resubmitting via AMCAS is that it might push my application down the queue for review at every other school I applied to. However, if the date not being present is that much of a black mark to schools I don't want to have my application dismissed immediately. Appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I had this happen to me and I sent it through amcas 8/4. I haven’t received any interviews despite submitting early to 45 schools and LM77. At this point I hope it is the letter delaying my application. Personally, I would not submit to amcas but it could also just be my application.

Why would the letter being resubmitted push your application down the queue?

For what it's worth, I've never had a school request that my letters be dated. I'm wondering if in your case it was specifically because it was coming from Interfolio?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had submitted my application and secondaries a while ago, and have had my secondaries marked complete at several schools. However, today a school emailed me saying that one of my letters is not dated (apparently Interfolio does not check for this). They asked that I contact my professor to either resubmit the letter to AMCAS with date added or just email them directly with the new letter. Which would be best? My worry with resubmitting via AMCAS is that it might push my application down the queue for review at every other school I applied to. However, if the date not being present is that much of a black mark to schools I don't want to have my application dismissed immediately. Appreciate any advice.
Hmmm, Interfolio used to be better about checking for this upfront.
Having it sent directly to AMCAS instead (date, letterhead, & signature!) would be fastest probably and won't make your AMCAS app go through verification again. It sounds like your AMCAS app already was sent to med schools.They will send along the letter to schools you assign it to.

Reactions: 1 user
Back in the day, an admission staffer would pick up the phone and make a verification call to the reference and NOT BOTHER THE APPLICANT about something he/she/they has no control over. (end pounding on the table)

Reactions: 1 users