Is pharmacy school worth being in 220k of debt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man, I'll be honest....I haven't posted on this site in a while. The thought of that much debt would scare the **** out of me. I did a 0-6 program straight out of high school and graduated with $60k in student loans. I paid it off in 2.5 years after completing a PGY1 residency.

A buddy of mine graduated with $170k in loans, and while doable, he's spending almost all of his expendable income to pay the loans off as soon as possible, with a 5 year estimate.

The job market is scary. I tell most students I encounter that, if they aren't dead set on pharmacy school, to go to PA school or ARNP school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Never driven in Illinois, but someone once told me the roads were supposed to go free once the cost of construction was paid, but then they decided to just keep taking tolls. I would expect no less from the great state of Illinois.

Ah, but road construction in IL has never ended, and never will, so of course the tolls will continue.
ILLINOIS.jpg

Absolutely not worth it. I had 120k in student loans and dont think it was worth it. I have friends making 6 figures with just undegrad degrees. Stay clear of pharmacy. The job will change you.