Is there any school that has reduced P4 tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recall hearing that there are a few schools that offer reduced tuition P4 year. Anyone know which pharmacy schools do this?

Members don't see this ad.

USP has INCREASED P4 tuition, since it's technically more credits. Haven't heard of any with reduced.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuition for the third year at University of the Pacific, a 3-year program, is $47k. Keep in mind that the first two years are $70k/year.

I never understood why I had to pay tuition on top of working 40+ hours a week for free during my last year.

Reactions: 1 users
We've been through this before, campers...

Let's use these numbers- for four year private programs, they are a reasonable estimate. For state schools, apply whatever uniform discount rate you wish.

Cost of education, year one: $40,000
Cost of education, year two: $40,000
Cost of education, year three: $40,000
Cost of education, year four [APPE year]: $16,000

Now, a school could charge the face value amounts listed above, and offer a discount to the PY4's.

OR, a school could average the cost over all four years and charge the mean cost per year (in this instance, $34,000 per year times four years). Sure, the PY4 year doesn't cost $34k...but then again neither do the PY1-PY3 years. Most schools do this- the PY4 tuition is used to subsidize the PY1-PY3 tuition.

Schools like Pacific that offer a last year discount are the exception; so are the two Philly schools (USP and Jefferson), which charge a HIGHER tuition for the PY4 year.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would any school reduce P4 tuition? Who is going to drop out of pharmacy school after passing the first 3 years and presumably having at least 3 years of debt? Schools historically RAISE tuition the last year, because they know at that point students will pay any amount to finish up and get their degree.

Reactions: 1 users