Is using Adderall without perscription cheating?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems the accredited people often post those long, thought-provoking, insightful posts that people read :)......... Now I'm at 3!

I think conscious knowledge of not having ADHD, and taking the meds anyway, is cheating. A lot of people will go to the doctor and feign symptoms to get a prescription. Even though it's legal for them to take it, they know in their hearts that they don't actually have ADHD, so that to me is cheating

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think conscious knowledge of not having ADHD, and taking the meds anyway, is cheating. A lot of people will go to the doctor and feign symptoms to get a prescription. Even though it's legal for them to take it, they know in their hearts that they don't actually have ADHD, so that to me is cheating

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

One serious necrobump you got there.

Since you have brought it up, I will play devils advocate here and ask some questions.

Do you think coffee is cheating?

What do you think makes adderall different from coffee when looking at it from a moral standpoint?

Last edited:
image.jpeg
TWO necrobumps on the SAME topic in the same day? There's some serious black magic going on, run for your lives because the witches are coming

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, I really don't think OP really cares about the moral or ethical dilemma so much as potential repercussions.

Getting caught could result in legal trouble and/or an AI. The offense may not technically fall under cheating and would most likely be recorded with more focus on the drug use. However this all depends on your individual school and the wording of whatever code by which the students are governed. There could be some schools who have updated their cheating policies to include this.

Unlike general "cheating" there is a very real possibility that you could end up with both an AI *and* a criminal record. Both of these would look bad to med schools. Furthermore, if you were still considered for a spot you would be asked to explain this at some point. "I did it to do better o a test" isn't really going to make the adcoms feel sympathetic towards your case.