Is your area saturated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lakers03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ya we all know every metro area is pretty much saturated... But I was wondering how truly bad it was in your area. Thought this would be a good thread to vent, and to give heads up to people who were looking/planning for employment in your areas whether it be retail or hospitals.

For example my gf went to Rutgers and interned at CVS for 5 years in NJ and did not even get an offer (they stated that they could only maybe give her part time if space freed up). Out of the handful of student that graduated from Rutgers that interned with CVS in the jersey area, apparently only a little over a half got offers. She tells me in NJ part time is very scarce (and forget about finding any full time), and that in NJ your best option as a new grad is per diem positions for both retail and hospital.

Im from NYC and ya it is saturated but I was still able to get an offer for a full time position with Rite Aid, but the only downside is working in unsafe neighborhood overnight, but at this point I aint complaining.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in Kentucky. Major metro areas as follows based on what I've seen and heard from friends:

Lexington: supply = demand, maybe somewhat saturated
Louisville: supply = demand, a little on the saturated side

Occasionally spots are opening up, but not having a hard time to be filled. From what I hear, when new grads graduate this year, markets in both areas will tip supply = demand and both will be saturated with students looking for jobs, but not finding them.

If willing to go to small towns, you can find full-time openings, but who really wants to go to small town, KY? unless you're from that area.

Last edited:
That sounds pretty spot on for the Louisville area. What's really going to be interesting this year is when Sullivan graduates their first class though. It could get ugly.

Members don't see this ad :)
More than one district manager in the Philly area has told me that it is the most saturated market in the country.

Dude that hired me told me he gets about a handful of apps a week. And they aren't from new grads, they are from older, experienced pharmacists that got laid off. Recently, Express Scripts moved to St Louis and the RPhs had to move or be terminated...thats a few dozen...many of the Genuardi's grocery stores shut down their pharmacies...more experienced and unemployed pharmacists...Rite Aid is dying...CVS is healthy and growing, a few new ones are going up in Northereastern Montgomery and Southern Bucks...but the new positions are pretty much spoken for well in advance...the hospitals are so saturated that per diem positions get a dozen apps...part time is even a pipe dream...Wegman's is supposed to open a few more locations around the area, though...

All in all, a terrible place to be if you are a new grad.

I know a guy in Tyler, TX that needs people...

Last edited:
If willing to go to small towns, you can find full-time openings, but who really wants to go to small town? unless you're from that area.

Does everyone think that living and working in a small town makes your life miserable?

Couldn't you live closer to a big city and then commute to the small town? That's what I'd do.

im suffering from this right now. i just got laid off. i cant find a job anywhere. the market is bad here.

Does everyone think that living and working in a small town makes your life miserable?

Couldn't you live closer to a big city and then commute to the small town? That's what I'd do.

There is just nothing in parts of eastern KY. If you wanted to commute, you could be looking at a couple of hours to the nearest city, besides scattered small towns. If I can't find a job when I graduate, I'd bite the bullet and move out there, but I already live in somewhat of a small town. It would be a pretty dramatic change for someone used to living in/near a large city, that's for sure.

why don't you guys apply for Duane Reade..

im suffering from this right now. i just got laid off. i cant find a job anywhere. the market is bad here.
Last year you said you had 3 retail jobs. 1 full time and 2 part time. Does that mean you lost all 3? In any case, I'm very sorry that you lost your job!

That sounds pretty spot on for the Louisville area. What's really going to be interesting this year is when Sullivan graduates their first class though. It could get ugly.

I'd say more than 50% are from out of state and not planning to remain in the area.

They'll have to compete with all uk grads plus purdue is real big in Louisville. When sullivan opened there was a huge shortage in Louisville, but that is gone now 3 years later. I may be partial because I'm a uk grad, but I don't think we needed another pharmacy school in Kentucky to begin with especially since uk and the state banked all that $$$ into their new building. Back when I was there class sizes were < 100. When new building opened they were looking upwards to 160-200 from what I heard. The last intern I worked with said that with market conditions they are only accepting 130ish still which is sad because that building is amazing along with the program there.

I also heard a lot of sullivans first class were out if state ppl. Either way the job market is going to be super competitive and I wouldn't wanna be graduating this year.

Not at all but there is the trend that most health are professionals tend to migrate to major metropolitan cities. If it came down to it I'd do like r2 said and suck it up and move.

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll have to compete with all uk grads plus purdue is real big in Louisville. When sullivan opened there was a huge shortage in Louisville, but that is gone now 3 years later. I may be partial because I'm a uk grad, but I don't think we needed another pharmacy school in Kentucky to begin with especially since uk and the state banked all that $$$ into their new building. Back when I was there class sizes were < 100. When new building opened they were looking upwards to 160-200 from what I heard. The last intern I worked with said that with market conditions they are only accepting 130ish still which is sad because that building is amazing along with the program there.

I also heard a lot of sullivans first class were out if state ppl. Either way the job market is going to be super competitive and I wouldn't wanna be graduating this year.

That building is absolutely phenomenal, which is nice because I'm practically going to be living there :laugh:

The thing about Sullivan is that, like you pointed out, there was a real need for pharmacists here as recently as a few years ago. I don't know how long the planning stages take, but when they started I don't think there's anyway they could have forseen what the market would be like right now. It sucks for their grads though because the timing really couldn't be worse.

And as a UK grad, would you really want to see them accept more students? Keeping a cap on the class size allows them to be more selective about who gets in. I don't see how you accept 200 students without lowering standards.

The Seattle area is pretty saturated. It's possible to find a job, but I know some 2010 grads who didn't match for a residency that have only recently found full-time work.

I'm honestly a little worried about my prospects when I'm done with my residency, but we'll see how things will turn out (it's highly unlikely that I won't be offered a position where I'm doing my residency, but I'm not sure if it will be quite what I'm looking for).

If my husband hadn't found a decent job here we'd be moving to a more rural area for sure.

Southern Louisiana, from Sulphur to Slidell, is saturated finally or suffering from budget cuts. The Shreveport area still has retail overtime shifts. I don't know about hospitals in that area?

In most parts of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex supply = demand. There are many areas where there is a surplus. Tom Thumb eliminated their recruiter position 2 years ago. Kroger just eliminated theirs 6 months ago. To quote the former Kroger recruiter, "with no open positions there is not much need for a recruiter."

I will echo what Mike said. If you go anywhere else in Texas that is not a big city there is still a bit of a shortage.

That building is absolutely phenomenal, which is nice because I'm practically going to be living there :laugh:

The thing about Sullivan is that, like you pointed out, there was a real need for pharmacists here as recently as a few years ago. I don't know how long the planning stages take, but when they started I don't think there's anyway they could have forseen what the market would be like right now. It sucks for their grads though because the timing really couldn't be worse.

And as a UK grad, would you really want to see them accept more students? Keeping a cap on the class size allows them to be more selective about who gets in. I don't see how you accept 200 students without lowering standards.

Sullivan opened a college of pharmacy after an extensive needs assessment and with the blessing of a ton of Louisville employers (retail and hospital). When they began planning, there was a huge shortage. I interviewed the Dean back in the spring of 2007 for an SDN article. It takes several years to get something of this magnititude off the ground, so I think it's safe to say it's been in the works since at least 2005 or early 2006.

Since that time the economy has tanked. Sullivan didn't tank the economy (of course) and after their initial investment of 15 to 20 million what were they supposed to do? Scrap their plans? They really had no choice but to go forward and their class size is capped at 100 so it's not as bad as it could be.

It's really no different then UK's plans to expand their program dramatically. We had 134 in my class with plans to go up to 200. They've scaled that back because of the economy but it stll represents a huge increase in capacity over the number of graduates just a few years ago.

The issue I think is that a lot of UK grads dispute Sullivan's right to exist. It's not based on much more than misguided UK pride or chauvinisim. Just because UK was the only pharmacy school in the state for decades doesn't mean they had it locked down and no one else was allowed to open a school. And with state policies essentially prohibiting another state university from opening one, a private university stepped in.

I personally really think UK missed an opportunity to expand and solidify their grip on pharmacy education in the state by not placing satellite campuses in a number of locations. At one point there was talk of satellite campuses in Owensboro, Louisville and (I think) Hazard. This would have been a great idea. They didn't implement it and instead with the two 4th year CEC locations in Owensboro and Louisville.

The CECs are fine, but they don't do anything to expand opportunities for people who are unable to relocate to Lexington to attend pharmacy school, since you still have to BE in Lexington for years 1 through 3. Satellite campuses in rural Western and Eastern Kentucky would also address the issue of the ongoing shortage in that area. Now another college has stepped in to open a campus in Eastern Kentucky (Midway).

UK is a great institution and I enjoyed the coursework I completed there, but I don't buy into the idea that they have some sort of 'manifest destiny' to control pharmacy education in the state to the exclusion of other institutions who want to take advantages of opportunities that UK missed. That's just the way it goes in business, I'm afraid.

No doubt it would probably lower standards, but my point was that the building was in the works before Sullivan opened. UK spent 120 million plus on that building and can't even admit students to it's potential now because of the economy and sullivan. At least they are recognizing market factors and not trying to contribute to a problem....

One of my Facebook friends (we were in the same Girl Scout troop) lives in New Jersey and works in HR, although not in a health care-related field. She said that there are places in New Jersey that are looking for pharmacists and can't find them. Maybe there's a reason for that, KWIM?

All4MyDaughter;10486108]Sullivan opened a college of pharmacy after an extensive needs assessment and with the blessing of a ton of Louisville employers (retail and hospital). When they began planning, there was a huge shortage. I interviewed the Dean back in the spring of 2007 for an SDN article. It takes several years to get something of this magnititude off the ground, so I think it's safe to say it's been in the works since at least 2005 or early 2006.

Since that time the economy has tanked. Sullivan didn't tank the economy (of course) and after their initial investment of 15 to 20 million what were they supposed to do? Scrap their plans? They really had no choice but to go forward and their class size is capped at 100 so it's not as bad as it could be.
I agree there was a shortage in 2007, but also in the works at that time was the nations largest and most sophisticated college of pharmacy being built 70 miles down the road that was also working to address the shortage and increase class sizes. If Sullivan accepts 100 students into their class moving forward, they're doing their students a disservice because they won't find jobs, at least not around here. Maybe they should take an equal mix between in-state and out-of-state like both dental schools in Kentucky do, due to market saturation of dentist. But the dental world is different as they only have about 50 or so dental schools so it doesn't matter as much if they send students out of state as they wouldn't be necessarily causing saturation in other parts of the country. What would be wrong with the idea that every COP in the country decrease class size by 15%? I don't think any university would be hurt that much financially from that idea. All of this brings me back to the point of new regulations in the works on student financial aid and programs that end up with high default rates. Could this happen soon at not just Sullivan, but other COP?

It's really no different then UK's plans to expand their program dramatically. We had 134 in my class with plans to go up to 200. They've scaled that back because of the economy but it stll represents a huge increase in capacity over the number of graduates just a few years ago.
They started graduating 130ish back in 2008 or 2009.

The issue I think is that a lot of UK grads dispute Sullivan's right to exist. It's not based on much more than misguided UK pride or chauvinisim. Just because UK was the only pharmacy school in the state for decades doesn't mean they had it locked down and no one else was allowed to open a school. And with state policies essentially prohibiting another state university from opening one, a private university stepped in.
I have worked with many of other pharmacists from other schools in Kentucky that don't necessarily question its right to exist as much as whether we really need it here. It will have its own challenges ahead of them from the accreditation to producing students in a down economy and saturated market.

I personally really think UK missed an opportunity to expand and solidify their grip on pharmacy education in the state by not placing satellite campuses in a number of locations. At one point there was talk of satellite campuses in Owensboro, Louisville and (I think) Hazard. This would have been a great idea. They didn't implement it and instead with the two 4th year CEC locations in Owensboro and Louisville.
I know they looked into this, but they also tried to accept students from across the state and be as diverse as they could in hopes you'd go home to practice. I think if I really wanted to do pharmacy and UK was the only program in the state, I would have to just move like most others did.

The CECs are fine, but they don't do anything to expand opportunities for people who are unable to relocate to Lexington to attend pharmacy school, since you still have to BE in Lexington for years 1 through 3. Satellite campuses in rural Western and Eastern Kentucky would also address the issue of the ongoing shortage in that area. Now another college has stepped in to open a campus in Eastern Kentucky (Midway).
There is no need for Midway college to open a school of pharmacy anymore.

UK is a great institution and I enjoyed the coursework I completed there, but I don't buy into the idea that they have some sort of 'manifest destiny' to control pharmacy education in the state to the exclusion of other institutions who want to take advantages of opportunities that UK missed. That's just the way it goes in business, I'm afraid.
No one ever said they have a "manifest destiny" to control education, but UK does have a lot of political influence amongst the pharmacy world as do the graduates they produce. I'm not saying this is a viewpoint of my own, but I've had conversations with both UK and non-UK grads in Kentucky that don't have favorable thoughts on Sullivan, which is another factor their students have working against them in a bad market. I feel that diversity amongst students is good in the workplace and wouldn't be opposed to working with a student from Sullivan given they were a good applicant for the position. Unfortunately the way the market is now too, if they are a UK grad or not and got a pharmacist position and it turns out they weren't a qualified or good employee after they got hired, they're easily replaced, which ultimately leads me to the point that none of us want to be put in these workplace conditions regardless of where we went to school.

This forum wasn't meant to debate the need or justify existence of a COP, but to offer everyone an idea of what markets are saturated and maybe help graduating students know where to look?

ETA: I even told father Facione once that if they needed anymore rotation sites to give me a buzz. If every pharmacist in KY didn't feel like they were fighting for the job, I don't think we'd all be having the discussions we're having on this forum.

Last edited:
NYC is way oversaturated. My friend who works for NY Presbyterian said that NYC PGY2s she met at the Midyear were pretty much all worried that there were no jobs around. She considered going back to do a residency after being out of school for a few years now, but changed her mind when she realized at best she would be competing for her old job back. She can't move out of NYC for family reasons...

Where I am at, I have seen a few new Walgreens built in the last seven months since I moved up here, but I don't know if they are hiring new people or moving pharmacists from other parts of New York (such as NYC). And New Jersey is not hiring unless you took scholarship from that chain and interned there forever.

One of my Facebook friends (we were in the same Girl Scout troop) lives in New Jersey and works in HR, although not in a health care-related field. She said that there are places in New Jersey that are looking for pharmacists and can't find them. Maybe there's a reason for that, KWIM?

Really? That's not what I hear. Though if she is talking about someplace in downtown Camden, I wouldn't be so surprised. :rolleyes:

NYC is way oversaturated. My friend who works for NY Presbyterian said that NYC PGY2s she met at the Midyear were pretty much all worried that there were no jobs around. She considered going back to do a residency after being out of school for a few years now, but changed her mind when she realized at best she would be competing for her old job back. She can't move out of NYC for family reasons...

Where I am at, I have seen a few new Walgreens built in the last seven months since I moved up here, but I don't know if they are hiring new people or moving pharmacists from other parts of New York (such as NYC). And New Jersey is not hiring unless you took scholarship from that chain and interned there forever.

I've got friends in NYC that want to get into retail, but can't unless they are willing to go to Harlem or the Bronx to work. At this point they are sticky it out where they're at and kinda miserable.

BTW, this is all classic signs and symptoms of a saturated market where you see everyone "stuck in their jobs" and unable to move. The treatment options?????

First of all, do you need help using the quote button? You seem to have some trouble with it. Let me know. I just want to respond to a few things in your post. It was a very predictable UK-centric response and totally understandable given your considerable pride in your school.

I agree there was a shortage in 2007, but also in the works at that time was the nations largest and most sophisticated college of pharmacy being built 70 miles down the road that was also working to address the shortage and increase class sizes.

If you'll reread my post, I said that they had already hired a dean in 2007. That means they'd been planning it since 2005 or 2006. These things don't happen overnight. They clearly thought there was a need for one in the Louisville area regardless of the sophistication of the building in Lexington.

Maybe they should take an equal mix between in-state and out-of-state like both dental schools in Kentucky do, due to market saturation of dentist.

As a private institution Sullivan is not bound to any sort of ratio and does admit a large number of out of state students (primarily from California). Perhaps UKCOP should do its part to alleviate the surplus of pharmacists in Kentucky by deviating from its practice of holding 90% of its spots for Kentucky students?

I have worked with many of other pharmacists from other schools in Kentucky that don't necessarily question its right to exist as much as whether we really need it here. It will have its own challenges ahead of them from the accreditation to producing students in a down economy and saturated market.

No doubt. Only time will tell about accreditation. But the economy will affect nearly everyone equally.

I think if I really wanted to do pharmacy and UK was the only program in the state, I would have to just move like most others did.

Ever think that there might be people who cannot move? Who are older, married, have children, taking care of elderly parents, have significant ties to their communities, etc? I was not able to move to Lexington when I enrolled at UK so I went back and forth for two years. It was one of the worst decisions I ever made, in terms of the impact on my family. But hindsight is 20/20.

There is no need for Midway college to open a school of pharmacy anymore.

I have my doubts about whether Midway's school is needed as well. But last I knew, there was still a significant shortage of pharmacists in Eastern Kentucky. Do you have numbers that suggest that's not accurate?

If every pharmacist in KY didn't feel like they were fighting for the job, I don't think we'd all be having the discussions we're having on this forum.

I agree. But market saturation in Kentucky is due mostly to the economy. Think about this. We're already saturated, and Sullivan has yet to produce a single graduate.

Also if the economy had not tanked, UK would probably have expanded their class size to 200 by now. This year there will be about 200 new PharmD graduates in Kentucky (130UK/70SUCOP). So things are not that different then what they would have been without Sullivan.

Other states have problems with too many schools (six in Tennessee, I think!) but two schools producing 200 to 230 graduates/year is not that crazy when you consider the alternative which was one school (UK) producing 200 per year. I know UK is your preferred school but try to take school pride out of the equation for a moment and think about the true economic impact. I think our problem here is the economy primarily.

All4MyDaughter;10486525]First of all, do you need help using the quote button? You seem to have some trouble with it. Let me know. I just want to respond to a few things in your post. It was a very predictable UK-centric response and totally understandable given your considerable pride in your school.

I don't appreciate your sarcasm.

As a private institution Sullivan is not bound to any sort of ratio and does admit a large number of out of state students (primarily from California). Perhaps UKCOP should do its part to alleviate the surplus of pharmacists in Kentucky by deviating from its practice of holding 90% of its spots for Kentucky students?

The idea of the 90% was so that we would educate citizens of the commonwealth and keep them in state to go back to their hometowns where there was once a shortage of pharmacists. Sullivan will be bound by the government should their students default on loans (if they are ignoring market conditions and pumping out too many grads that can't land jobs), as well as any other COP that is newly opening or pumping out too many grads.

No doubt. Only time will tell about accreditation. But the economy will affect nearly everyone equally.

Disagree.

I have my doubts about whether Midway's school is needed as well. But last I knew, there was still a significant shortage of pharmacists in Eastern Kentucky. Do you have numbers that suggest that's not accurate?

If you want stats, search for them yourself. Students that have been graduating in recent years have been forced into these areas and given the market conditions it will continue to happen.

I agree. But market saturation in Kentucky is due mostly to the economy. Think about this. We're already saturated, and Sullivan has yet to produce a single graduate.

Saturated partly due to economy, partly due to UK increasing 30 more students a year over recent years, partly due to influx of students from out-of-state schools that recently increased class sizes. i.e. Tennessee schools, Purdue, Ohio schools and random schools in other parts of the nation.

Other states have problems with too many schools (six in Tennessee, I think!) but two schools producing 200 to 230 graduates/year is not that crazy when you consider the alternative which was one school (UK) producing 200 per year. I know UK is your preferred school but try to take school pride out of the equation for a moment and think about the true economic impact. I think our problem here is the economy primarily.

Economy comes into play, but the problem lies more so with too many schools opening and increasing # of graduates despite a bad economy. Even if the economy was good, Tennessee could not have supported 6 schools, so is it the economy or the schools? Rhetorical question, so no need to answer.

Again, I want to get this thread back on track to supply and demand market conditions across the US. I purposely left the diploma mill thread alone to avoid getting into posts like this one where you have an argument between a new school vs. old school scenario where neither side is going to see eye to eye no matter how much you talk in circles or debate the topic. I don't want to censor your posts, but I'm honestly getting tired of getting into this debate with you.

One of the profs at Midway got her PhD from capella university.

:laugh: Just what our profession doesn't need! I'm thinking we need a union or something more powerful to get our profession back on track.

The Seattle area is pretty saturated. It's possible to find a job, but I know some 2010 grads who didn't match for a residency that have only recently found full-time work.

I'm honestly a little worried about my prospects when I'm done with my residency, but we'll see how things will turn out (it's highly unlikely that I won't be offered a position where I'm doing my residency, but I'm not sure if it will be quite what I'm looking for).

If my husband hadn't found a decent job here we'd be moving to a more rural area for sure.
Seattle proper was saturated for both retail and hospital even before the economy slipped. There still seem to be few FT spots in the King/Snohomish County areas. The South Sound area was sparse for awhile but I have seen a promising number of openings for decent FT jobs.

Last edited:
Northeast = saturated...with the exception of maybe rural ME, NH...that is where most of my students had to go to get retail positions.

Atlanta, GA is completely saturated. There was only ONE job position available for the class of 2010. I hate to see what the prospects are like for the class of 2011 and beyond.

Atlanta, GA is completely saturated. There was only ONE job position available for the class of 2010. I hate to see what the prospects are like for the class of 2011 and beyond.

Where are all the grads going to go? I mean, there it seems there aren't positions anywhere aside from you occasionally middle of nowhere pharmacy. I think if I was a grad, I'd have to do residency hoping things improve, or go back to school for something else or a joint degree.

Where are all the grads going to go? I mean, there it seems there aren't positions anywhere aside from you occasionally middle of nowhere pharmacy. I think if I was a grad, I'd have to do residency hoping things improve, or go back to school for something else or a joint degree.
Why would you let your loans accumulate interest like that? I guess doing a residency wouldn't be worse than being unemployed.

Sullivan will be bound by the government should their students default on loans (if they are ignoring market conditions and pumping out too many grads that can't land jobs), as well as any other COP that is newly opening or pumping out too many grads.

Not sure how that's relevant to % instate vs. out of state...

If you want stats, search for them yourself. Students that have been graduating in recent years have been forced into these areas and given the market conditions it will continue to happen.

You've told others to back up their claims with stats, but when you are asked for them you bail out of discussions. At least be consistent.

I don't want to censor your posts, but I'm honestly getting tired of getting into this debate with you.

You're going to censor me how? If you don't like my posts, just don't read them. :)

I just flat out don't believe that there was only one job available in Atlanta. Everyone else in the class is unemployed? I'll buy higher than normal unemployment or people having to settle for jobs they don't want, but I can't believe that out of a class of [however many students] only ONE got a job.

Why would you let your loans accumulate interest like that? I guess doing a residency wouldn't be worse than being unemployed.

I think people (at least in my area) have a better shot at getting a job than a residency. The odds aren't very good for residencies anymore because everyone wants one. Quite a few of my classmates already have jobs lined up, so it's not a total wasteland out there. I think people will have to settle for jobs that wouldn't be their first choice, but that's not the worst thing ever. People who've been working throughout school and networking will have a better shot at jobs than those who haven't but it's not going to be easy street for anyone.

I just flat out don't believe that there was only one job available in Atlanta. Everyone else in the class is unemployed? I'll buy higher than normal unemployment or people having to settle for jobs they don't want, but I can't believe that out of a class of [however many students] only ONE got a job.

I heard many people had to move outside of Atlanta to get a job. Some people move to the more rural areas of GA and some moved to SC. Atlanta is the ONLY decent city to live at in GA...I would hate to have to move to some place out in the middle of nowhere. Just imagine how much it would SUCK if you already have a nice house in Atlanta and everything but have to leave it to move to the woods. :rolleyes:

I heard many people had to move outside of Atlanta to get a job. Some people move to the more rural areas of GA and some moved to SC. Atlanta is the ONLY decent city to live at in GA...I would hate to have to move to some place out in the middle of nowhere. Just imagine how much it would SUCK if you already have a nice house in Atlanta and everything but have to leave it to move to the woods. :rolleyes:

I don't know much about Atlanta geography, but in my city you can live in the city and easily commute to smaller communities and towns around the city. Is that the case there as well?

I think she means in the city or vaccinity of Atlanta.

Last edited:
I don't know much about Atlanta geography, but in my city you can live in the city and easily commute to smaller communities and towns around the city. Is that the case there as well?

There are some smaller cities (but still nice) outside of Atlanta that people can easily commute to (Duluth, Lawerenceville, Stone Mountain, Lilburn,Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Sneville,Tucker, etc.) but those are getting pretty saturated too...Atlanta/surrounding smaller (but still nice) cities are all getting saturated.

All other cities outside of that area are really small and rural...some people like ME would rather die then live in those cities.

I know a lot of people that graduated and moved to Alablama or South Carolina. SUCKS! :(

If ALL ELSE FAILS I guess I can move to a really crappy rural city...get my loans pay off ASAP in 2-3 years and then move back home and find a totally different job. That's the worst case scenrio. :/

DIE? Come on girl, that's whack! :p

:laugh: Maybe I am exaggerating a bit...but come on now...can anyone on here really bare to live in a rural country redneck area? I know I can't...I am a New York City girl. I like living in big cities and I like to enjoy myself. I don't want to go outside my house and only see trees and cows...sorry...

I know you agree with me on this one...I don't see how anyone can live in the woods.

Then it's even more far-fetched that there was only ONE job in Atlanta or the vicinity. It seems unlikely to me anyway.

Okay according to my preceptor, jobs are getting very verrrrrrrrrrrrrry competitive to land in Atlanta. EVERYONE wants to stay in the only liveable city in GA. So there were only one job opening in the Walmart/Sam's Club district and MANY MANY MANY (maybe everyone in the class of 2010) applied for that ONE job that was available by Walmart! (I don't even shop at Walmart, so you know it's desperate when people actually would WORK AT WALMART to stay in Atlanta!). He told me the job eventually went to a guy that was like the president of every single club in the school, had tons of community service hours and also had good grades. Everyone else was out of luck.

I know getting a job at the hospital is near impossible here too...

But seriously, WALMART? When you hear people are lining up to work at a place like that, there are very big problems ahead!

Last edited:
If ALL ELSE FAILS I guess I can move to a really crappy rural city...get my loans pay off ASAP in 2-3 years and then move back home and find a totally different job. That's the worst case scenrio. :/

You'd quit being a pharmacist just because you want to live in a different city?

:laugh: Maybe I am exaggerating a bit...but come on now...can anyone on here really bare to live in a rural country redneck area? I know I can't...I am a New York City girl. I like living in big cities and I like to enjoy myself. I don't want to go outside my house and only see trees and cows...sorry...

I know you agree with me on this one...I don't see how anyone can live in the woods.

I'd rather live in a small town where I can trust everyone and ask anyone for help. In big cities, I'd see too many people who couldn't care less about a stranger having some car problems.