I've had enough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why chew the enteric coated tablets when you have chewable tablets right there next to them? Chewables taste much better.
You are not always going to have them around. In fact my house does not have 81 mg chewables. We do have EC 325.

Do they even make a 325 mg chewable tablet? I mean I know you can take 81 mg to make the difference

Members don't see this ad.

You are not always going to have them around. In fact my house does not have 81 mg chewables. We do have EC 325.

Do they even make a 325 mg chewable tablet? I mean I know you can take 81 mg to make the difference

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01066923
Drug: Acute aspirin (ASA)
325 mg chewable aspirin administered immediately following exercise

http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/108/21/2697
some patients were prescribed 2 chewable tablets of 325 mg aspirin 2 hours before blood collection.

Members don't see this ad :)
you do know that people chew aspirins after having MIs, right?

And that enteric coated/delayed release =/= extended release? ;)

EC is designed to prevent degradation in the stomach, after that is removed, there is no delayed release aspect of that particular formulation.

Delayed release products are different from enteric coated.

Delayed release only means that it will not be released immediately. In case of EC aspirin, enteric coated IS delayed release (meaning, it releases in the intestine, not in the stomach). Enteric coating is one of the ways to create a delayed release formulation.

So in short,
There are delayed release formulations beyond enteric coating for ASA. In fact all formulations of ASA have different absorption characteristics. This includes regular ASA, chewable, effervescent, EC and delayed release

Even still when you chew an EC ASA. You are effectively ruining the "delayed release" characteristics and at that point its no different from taking a regular, plain old ASA. SO for an MI you can chew an EC ASA

boom, roasted. :)

Ok, so there are 325 mg chewables.

Does not mean that you have them everywhere. Meaning, hey there might be a reason why you would chew an EC. The argument I am making is that you can chew an EC tablet.

What a bunch of stupid drama and time wasted over an anecdote...

And yes, I am quite aware that people chew ASA after MI. You have no idea what was going on with the patient, anyway.

Jacko.gif

What a bunch of stupid drama and time wasted over an anecdote...

And yes, I am quite aware that people chew ASA after MI. You have no idea what was going on with the patient, anyway.
I had fun. Lighten up. again my point is that there are reasons why those tablets are crushed or chewed.

We got your point d00d and most of us are aware that there are reasons they are crushed or chewed. :thumbup:

you never know. You know what, I like your style.

I am miserable. stressed. my hours are awful and I am not with a consistent crowd of people (I have social anxiety). I am really to throw in the towel right now as I can't stare down 30 more years of doing this God-awful job. It's killing me. Does anyone else relate? I just don't know how people can stand being a pharmacist.

Jobs are not about having fun. Jobs are about work. Lots of folks do jobs they don't exactly love. You think the plumber likes to unclog toilets all day? Or the garbage man likes garbage and the smell of the truck he drives? Do the folks who build the skyscrapers like risking their lives every day? Does a cop like to deal with drug dealers and all other sorts of scum every day? No. It's a job. And your job is worth gold to all those other people I just mentioned. It may not be the most happiest place, but suck it up and know there are a lot of folks who would give their right testicle (or something equivalent) to have that job. I'm sorry I don't have all the empathy you're probably seeking, because I know that there's a lot worse out there. Just keep on going, get inspired, smile and count to a million. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Jobs are not about having fun. Jobs are about work. Lots of folks do jobs they don't exactly love. You think the plumber likes to unclog toilets all day? Or the garbage man likes garbage and the smell of the truck he drives? Do the folks who build the skyscrapers like risking their lives every day? Does a cop like to deal with drug dealers and all other sorts of scum every day? No. It's a job. And your job is worth gold to all those other people I just mentioned. It may not be the most happiest place, but suck it up and know there are a lot of folks who would give their right testicle (or something equivalent) to have that job. I'm sorry I don't have all the empathy you're probably seeking, because I know that there's a lot worse out there. Just keep on going, get inspired, smile and count to a million. Best of luck.

All cops signed up to become cops so they could use their issued weapons, and to slam people through plate glass windows without getting in trouble.

I'm not in retail, I"m in hospital.

Now THAT is funny! Everyone just assumes it's retail...

Seriously, get out if a change in venue doesn't solve the problem...good luck :)

Sorry I won't post anymore. I am not looking for medical help here. I just want to see if its me or pharmacy and it seems like it is me. Goodbye and I am sorry.

Are you battling with the thought of leaving all that money in order to do something else that you actually might like?