Jan 15th is the new Dec 1st....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purduephigam

SuPurdueper Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all us second-round hopefuls out there, I've been hearing that mid-January is about the time where second-round acceptances go out.

Being that I've had one pre-Dec 1st interview, I'm assuming my chances are slim to none just to get another interview anywhere else. Are there third and fourth rounds to clean up and fill up the class? Anyone know if BU or Tufts gives out late interviews (i.e. late Feb. or March)? And if so, is it late enough to give up hope at these schools if I havent heard from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

BU interviews are later than many other schools, same with tufts i believe, bu didnt begin interviews until the final week of october and has therefore only accepted people from those interviewed in basically a month of interviews. they are currently booked for interviews all the way through march...so jan and feb. are legitimate interviews....but hey, u just never really know wth is gonna happen, this whole process gets more crazy each cycle....i've seen people wanting interviews (and not getting them) at places i got interviews and me not getting interviews i wanted at places they got accepted.....very confusing, u would think that if 2 diff. people applied to the same schools and person 1 got accepted at my #1 choice (when i didnt even get an interview there), they would also get an interview at BU (like myself), but some, as is the case in this particular situation, have not.......and the whole on hold and waitlist situation is complete torture, its make Rudy look like a shoe-in @ middle linebacker...i'll be at BU after Christmas for my interview....and for any of u reading this that are already at BU or live in Boston, wheres the best place to get a beer within walking distance of the college?

I recieved an interview invite from tufts today offering a mid-late january interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I just spoke with a woman at Tufts (617-636-6639): the majority of their interviews are held after January 1. You will get interview invitations via email and snail mail.

Hey so schools won't send out acceptance letters anymore until
jan 15th? or it depends on school?

Probably depends on the school. But from what I've been seeing, it looks like a bulk of second rounds will go out mid-Jan.

alright lets joing this club then. :p

january 15 is actually the deadline for first rounders to put in their deposits. i think it is closer to late january when the next acceptances will get out to fill the leftover spots. this really varies between schools but it seems pretty logical.