Jan 2014 pcat preliminary score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aixelsyd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal- 78
Bio- 57
Reading Comp- 62
Quant- 61
Chem- 91

Composite- 78

So this was my first time taking the pcat. I'm a sophomore in college so I still have time overall to retake if necessary

My question is: I know that having a low chemistry score with a high composite could be detrimental to getting accepted into pharmacy school, but does having a higher chemistry score with a decent composite score benefit you in any way?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I almost got the same score as you lol.
Verbal- 52
Bio- 80
Reading Comp- 26 :(
Quant- 82
Chem- 93

Composite- 76

Reading and the analogies were HORRIBLE (specially cause English is not my first language) But I do not plan on retake it... Hope its good enough with a 3.5 GPA and Biology Degree :)

Your score is REALLY good, I dont see any problems with it. Your score is by no means decent (its in btw good and great :p ), have you seen the score some people post in these forums from time to time? it goes WAY bellow 50 composite!!!! (I would recommend retaking it if you got a low GPA, in which case you need to try to get a 85+)

Dr. Collins does wonders, jumped from a 61 composite to a 85. Highly recommended, seriously.

Dr. Collins does wonders, jumped from a 61 composite to a 85. Highly recommended, seriously.

I used the latest Dr. Collins (2013). It does help, but only in Math/Bio/Chem. Dr. Collins reading/verbal are TOO easy compared with the real PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Second time taking it. Just took it now. Used Collins 2012 and Petersons.

Verbal 74
Biology 92
Reading 53 ) :
Quantitative 72 (left 4 blank, dumb ass me)
Chemistry 93

Composite 87. not bad lol

Reactions: 1 user
okay, I didn't want to look at my prelims, but hubby & I had a few drinks together to celebrate "the end of the studying", and out they came:

composite 93
verbal & reading 94
bio 89
chem 85
quant 77 (no way - I must have guessed super well, seriously I was prepping myself for a 27)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user