Program-Specific Info / Q's Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mk092

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an interview from Jeff for the 14-15 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Still have not gotten my supplemental app

I just got my supplemental on Monday and received an email that it was under review on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you applying for eMOT? Because TJU doesn't do interviews for eMOT.

When I went to the info session last year, Don said that are starting to do interviews this year. They originally said mid November, but I think that's changed.

When I went to the info session last year, Don said that are starting to do interviews this year. They originally said mid November, but I think that's changed.
Oh really? Thats interesting, I hadn't heard it changed. I'm currently a first year student there, its a great program! Best of luck :)

Did anyone else get an interview yet?

I received the email on Friday afternoon. The supplemental application was sent to me exactly two weeks before (10/31).

When was your OTCAS verified? I received my supplement 11/3

Did anyone else receive an interview request this morning? Wondering if anyone who has already done an interview has any insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive an interview request this morning? Wondering if anyone who has already done an interview has any insight!

when did your application get verified? and would you mind posting your stats?

when did your application get verified? and would you mind posting your stats?

Sure! I was verified by OTCAS 9/12, received & completed my supplemental 11/3

GPA: 3.82 for now (graduate May 2015)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-4.0 depending on the school's prereqs
MAT: 417/ 78th percentile
Volunteer/Extracurricular: 2 notable leadership positions (service chair), honors program, Dean's list for 5 semesters, tutor for kids k-8, study abroad, and some others

Applied to: Temple University, Thomas Jefferson University, Salus University, Richard Stockton College of NJ, Midwestern IL

Interviews: Salus University, Midwestern IL (declined interview), Thomas Jefferson
Rejections: N/A
Acceptances: Salus University (10/29)

I received an invite also. Excited and very nervous!

Anyone have any more information about when they're notifying people for interviews/rejections? I received the email that my application was complete and had been forwarded to the admissions review committee on Dec 8. I know it hasn't even been a month, but I'm so anxious!!

Anyone have any more information about when they're notifying people for interviews/rejections? I received the email that my application was complete and had been forwarded to the admissions review committee on Dec 8. I know it hasn't even been a month, but I'm so anxious!!

Can anyone who has attended an interview at TJU give some insight on what to expect? I have not had to do a group interview before so I am just curious on how the process went. Thanks!

NicMOT what tipped you off that it's a group interview? I don't think I saw anything about that in the e-mail

NicMOT what tipped you off that it's a group interview? I don't think I saw anything about that in the e-mail

Hi! I actually emailed TJU with a question regarding my interview invitation and was told they are group interviews. Hope that helps!

Hey guys, sorry I missed this thread somehow. I interviewed back in Dec and really it is nothing to worry about! I've been to 3 interviews--2 group and 1 individual--and the group interviews are so much better! It's basically a group conversation about OT and your motivations for pursuing this career. I like having peers in the room because they usually ask really good questions that I hadn't thought about.

They asked the usual questions in some form or another: why OT, why Jeff, your strengths/weaknesses, challenges etc. My best advice is to just be comfortable with yourself and your history and you will do fine. They even said at the beginning, "This interview is as much for you as it is for us", and encouraged us to be open and ask anything about the program. So that really set the mood as being very low-key and friendly.

I honestly can't remember too many specifics, but I think there were 6 people there, and they had us pair up and do partner exercises which I thought were fun. They gave us a lot of information about Jeff as handouts, so that already answered a bunch of questions I had going in. After, some current 2nd year students met us and took us around the campus, and during this time we got to chat with them about the program.

Go in with an open mind and just make sure you know what's on their website so you don't ask anything redundant.

Good luck!

My OTCAS was verified the first week of Nov and I received the "application complete" email a few days after. I was invited to interview on Nov 15th, I interviewed on Dec 5th and they told us 4-6 weeks for a decision.

I received an acceptance email from Jefferson yesterday! I'm definitely going to accept :D . Is anyone else accepting an offer from Jeff??

Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
I received an acceptance email from Jefferson yesterday! I'm definitely going to accept :D . Is anyone else accepting an offer from Jeff??

Good luck to everyone!!
Congrats you must be so excited!! When did you have your interview? I'm still waiting to hear back and super anxious

Congrats you must be so excited!! When did you have your interview? I'm still waiting to hear back and super anxious

Thank you! I'm very excited!! My interview was Dec. 22nd. Good luck to you! Is this your first choice?

Thank you! I'm very excited!! My interview was Dec. 22nd. Good luck to you! Is this your first choice?

Would you mind posting your stats? I've recently submitted my application (late in the game I know) and currently waiting.

Would you mind posting your stats? I've recently submitted my application (late in the game I know) and currently waiting.

Sure..

Undergrad Major: Psychology
Overall GPA:3.2
Last 60 credits: 3.45
Pre req GPA: 3.7- 3.85
MAT score: 401/ 62nd percentile
OTCAS verification: sept 24th.
OTCAS Observation hrs: over 100 hrs at a hand clinic, cancer center, elementary school, and lymphedema clinic.
500+ hrs of non-OT related volunteer work.
Work Experience:
1000+ hrs of TSS work in school and home settings. (One on one support for special needs children)
1000+ hrs with geriatrics as a home health aide.
Recommendation Letters: special needs teacher (supervisor), OT, and A&P 1 professor.

Applied to: Thomas Jefferson, Salus, Temple, Usciences, Philadelphia U, Jefferson college of health sciences (Virginia), Midwestern U

Interviews:
Thomas Jefferson (12/22)
Jefferson college of health sciences (1/23) (declined)

Acceptances:
University of the Sciences (11/14) (declined)
Thomas Jefferson: (01/08)

Rejections: Temple (11/4)

Attending Thomas Jefferson!! :) :) :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
People should be hearing back soon! I just got my admission decision e-mail (sadly I'm waitlisted :()