Job hunting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icekitsune

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been preparing for my MPJE but its kinda sad that all the place i've applied so far either didn't get back to me or it didn't work out. You guys think it will be better once i officially get licensed? I know its rough, but I was hoping to work in NY to be near my mom d/t my dad passing away last week.

Members don't see this ad.

the only dudes getting jobs in NY straight out of school are the ones who have been working at companies like cvs, wags, etc. as techs/interns throughout their school term. and that's not even all their current employees might I add. they are only offering jobs to some of the new graduates through some type of interviewing process I heard.
Everyone else has to fight tooth and nail for per diem or contract shifts. If anything, you should consider uprooting with your mom to another part of the country if you find a job

i have friends who have landed jobs in NY but like boriqua said, they've all interned for large chains throughout pharm school. do you have any connections/ particular preceptors who you think can help you out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately no. There was a job that i perhaps had potential but its completely unrelated to pharmacy. I 'm also worried that should i get offered, and i rejected them, they would not consider me their pharmacist position if it ever became available (kinda like I scorn them in the first place)

Did you intern/ work throughout school? Those places might know other places that are hiring

definitely take the unrelated job for now and keep on the lookout for pharmacist positions then quit your unrelated job and take that one. a floater pharmacist that i work with sometimes got licensed last july, didn't get a job until march. i don't imagine he sat around waiting all that time

Do you speak mandarin? your username seems kind of Asian. If you do, pick up the Chinese newspaper. Last time I checked(which was about a month ago), there were 4 places in c-town and flushing looking for SP's that speak Chinese.

I speak Cantonese not completely fluently unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion anyways!

As i read more of the description, its seems to be a internship type job, as in your being trained up the ladder for two years from level 1 to level 5. Its probably not a good idea if i get locked in for two years then ditch them..