JOb offer from Winndixie Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all I got a offer from winndixie pharmacy for pharmacist position, I would like to know your feedback.
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all I got a offer from winndixie pharmacy for pharmacist position, I would like to know your feedback.
Thanks in advance

Nice, slow pace. They do a lot of transfers. I think they give people a thanksgiving turkey for a transferred prescription.

In this area, they are struggling to survive as a supermarket.

Nice, slow pace. They do a lot of transfers. I think they give people a thanksgiving turkey for a transferred prescription.

In this area, they are struggling to survive as a supermarket.

They've already gone under in several states, including NC.

Members don't see this ad :)
They've already gone under in several states, including NC.

Yep... I think I'd probably steer clear of them if I had the option to work other places. They've had mass store closings across the states and to me that doesn't speak very highly of how the place is managed. Again, just my opinion.

It's a tough market for grocery stores right now considering the price of gas and food.
If you don't care about the long-term right now or for the next couple of years or so, then I would go for it. I wouldn't settle in though. Maybe you can move on after a couple of years.
When you look at the big picture, what's the difference between 25 years and 27 years with a company later down the road? If you work somewhere for two years and enjoy the experience without worrying about what will happen to something as unpredictable as a retail pharmacy job, then props to you.

Good luck! :luck: