Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brunky96

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So where is the best place to work once getting an EMT-B cert?

I've been searching for an ambulance job but am finding it to be very difficult. Are there other places that commonly hire EMT-B's? I see the firehouse but I don't think I'll have enough time to get BOTH certs.

Members don't see this ad.

ER tech (hard to come by in my area) Some places will pick you up as a pt. care assistant (wont take you without prior experience) both make more then EMT's out here. Check IFT and 911 companies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Florida primarily. But really anything would work.

Try to find a Paramedic/EMT third service 911 provider in your area. You will have to be more specific about your location (city, county, etc.) or where you want to move to if you want exact referrals.

I would suggest getting your CNA, which will make you much more attractive to emergency departments and hospitals...other suggestions though:

Non-emergency transport companies
Private 911 companies (hospital and privately owned as opposed to county owned or local fire departments)
Venues for mass gatherings (stadiums, arenas, etc)
First aid for sports events and gatherings at local schools
Large industrial parks and companies
College campuses

Personally, volunteer experience with a good service is always a very good way to go. It shows your humanitarian spirit and allows you a chance to use your EMT-B cert, unless you want to work full-time with it. If that's the case, ER is the best in my opinion for pre-health career students.

Is it difficult to get an ER tech job in the Los Angeles region?

Is it difficult to get an ER tech job in the Los Angeles region?

I'm not from anywhere remotely near L.A. but...it's LA...there's a **** ton of ER's around there and probably not enough CNA's to staff all the tech positions...call/check out websites