June vs. July submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zedsdead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
na

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Submit now. Verification will probably take 4-5 weeks at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
The latter, I believe. If you submit this week sometime and are not doing EDP than it will most likely take between 2 and 4 weeks to verify your application (super rough estimate based off this current year). The July 1st transmission I believe is only for people who are already verified. I'm sure someone can verify that =P

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand time is wasting, but is a few days worth not putting out my best possible application?
No. Take a few more days if you need them.
It's going to be a few weeks to a month until we see it either way.

Reactions: 1 user
Each day you wait at this point, will probably translate to an extra 4-5 days before you are verified.
I don't think that's true, a big number of applicants submitted for verification already. So there seems to be fewer people submitting each day now (at least on SDN) which means when the verification gets there it should be faster than it was for the first few days

There are fewer SDN people, but not fewer people over all. They are verifying June 10th today and seem to go through a day or less this last week, compared to the first week of verification when people were verified the same day.

Take your time, there is no rush. The earlier the better but you don't want to be one of those people coming here making a thread because they made a typo. Your application will be the same either way. Have someone else look at it too

I don't think that's true, a big number of applicants submitted for verification already. So there seems to be fewer people submitting each day now (at least on SDN) which means when the verification gets there it should be faster than it was for the first few days

Ok, pardon my exaggeration to emphasize the importance of submitting ASAP.

You can do the actual math if you please:

cc4bcb0dfebabd39d4fb0a12059321d5.jpeg

If you are a marginal applicant (as in 3.4-3.75 gpa, 29-33 mcat - somewhere in that range of "good enough" but not stellar), it will behoove you to submit as early as possible. If you are a strong applicant, you can afford to wait a bit (it probably won't make the difference between not getting in anywhere and getting an acceptance), but submitting earlier is always advantageous nonetheless.