Just another what are my chances thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maximus21345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to gauge my chances at a DO school. I am a senior at the University of Missouri Columbia majoring in Secondary Chemistry Education. My GPAs as of last semester, for DO school, are as follows.

Overall GPA: 3.12
Science GPA: 3.23
MCAT: 32Q
Extracurriculars: Treasurer of my fraternity and 127 hours of shadowing a DO at the local Boone County Hospital. I also worked at a retirement home during my freshman year serving dinner to residents.

The GPAs are calculated how AACOMAS calculates them, using only the most recent retake of a course. I say this because I retook biochemistry and Calculus 2. I have applied to LECOM, Lincoln Memorial, A.T. Still, and Arizona. So, what do you think my chances of getting into any of these schools is?

Thanks,
Maximus

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like you'd be a good candidate for a post-bac. As it is, DO is a stretch with a 3.1 GPA.

I think you'll be fine, but it would be better with a larger list, especially one with the newer schools.

Hello, I'm trying to gauge my chances at a DO school. I am a senior at the University of Missouri Columbia majoring in Secondary Chemistry Education. My GPAs as of last semester, for DO school, are as follows.

Overall GPA: 3.12
Science GPA: 3.23
MCAT: 32Q
Extracurriculars: Treasurer of my fraternity and 127 hours of shadowing a DO at the local Boone County Hospital. I also worked at a retirement home during my freshman year serving dinner to residents.

The GPAs are calculated how AACOMAS calculates them, using only the most recent retake of a course. I say this because I retook biochemistry and Calculus 2. I have applied to LECOM, Lincoln Memorial, A.T. Still, and Arizona. So, what do you think my chances of getting into any of these schools is?

Thanks,
Maximus

Agreed with Goro. Your cGPA is quite low, but your MCAT is excellent.

Apply to at least 10-15 DO schools.