DO just D.O. it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QueenJames

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AZCOM has a minimum of 29 for the time being, but Western and TUCOM-CA are fine. Suggest any other DO school except CCOM.

Stats:

MCAT = 27 (8 in physics ,9 in verbal ,10 in bio)
GPA = 3.4, sGPA= 3.45
(includes retakes in a 30-unit post bacc at a community college at 4.0, couple extra courses sprinkled in there)

100 plus hours MD cardiologist shadowing --> giving LOR
10 hours with MD internist
15 hours with DO rheumatologist shadowing ---> giving LOR

LOR for O-chem professor
LOR from creative writing professor
LOR for microbio professor

Other ECs:
Work at family business, Private tutoring, Mobile health clinic experience (hundreds of hours in each)

sorry for vague details. trying to keep anonymity.

REALLY want to stay in West Coast. I am from SoCal. Western, Touro-CA, Touro- NV, or any of the Arizona schools.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

AZCOM has a minimum of 29 for the time being, but Western and TUCOM-CA are fine. Suggest any other DO school except CCOM.

Thanks Goro! What about Touro-NV? also, I do not have a problem leaving California, so where else would you recommend I apply throughout the States?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any applicants who have had success with similar numbers and/or experience care to chime in?

Looks solid for DO. But I'm interested in knowing what others have to say. Providing a BUMP for fellow SDNer

Hey all, just went back into AACOMAS GPA calc and my cGPA is around 3.36 while my sGPA is 3.45. Sorry about confusion. MCAT = 8 in PS, 9 in Verbal, and 10 in Bio (27) :)

Last edited: