Just got back from Shadowing a Cardiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gigantron

Robot
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall, the experience was fun. I found this cardiologist over the D.O. mentoring site. Turns out, this Doctor was voted as one of "America's Top Doctors" for 3-4 years consecutively, and was a professor of Cardiology at NYCOM. Other than that, I seriously wish I had more questions to ask him. This is why I am posting on this board. I tried to think up good questions to ask him, but I just couldn't. I was too interested in watching him diagnose patients and seeing patients for follow-ups. Do any of you guys have a good idea of what questions I should ask him when I shadow him again on Wednesday (other than asking him for a letter of recommendation of course :p)?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Overall, the experience was fun. I found this cardiologist over the D.O. mentoring site. Turns out, this Doctor was voted as one of "America's Top Doctors" for 3-4 years consecutively, and was a professor of Cardiology at NYCOM. Other than that, I seriously wish I had more questions to ask him. This is why I am posting on this board. I tried to think up good questions to ask him, but I just couldn't. I was too interested in watching him diagnose patients and seeing patients for follow-ups. Do any of you guys have a good idea of what questions I should ask him when I shadow him again on Wednesday (other than asking him for a letter of recommendation of course :p)?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Ask to discuss EKGs. They love that and you can never get enough practice.

Well, I just got back from another day shadowing him. He's a really nice person and even likes the fact that, after hearing about all of the bad stuff about medicine (and yes, he purposely told me bad things about medicine), that I am still committed to becoming a physician. And I was able to come up with more questions for him. Thankfully, he will now be writing a LOR for me, which is always good the BS/MD's that I am applying to.