Just some idea where I'm at before I start throwing darts.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Punkchique

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm going to be a Junior at Michigan State, this fall.

I haven't taken the MCAT yet I plan on studying my butt off this year, but I'm pretty confident I can score a 30 or above.

GPA: C = 3.65, S= 3.68

Extra Currics:
Brother in Phi Sigma Pi honors frat.
Research assistant in bioarchaelogy lab
Various community volunteering experiences with frat
Resident Mentor
Pharmacy Technician
I'm currently taking a CNA course with the hopes of getting a job when I get back to school

Drawbacks:
I actually have almost zero clinical (that is if being a Pharmacy tech. doesn't count which I'm not sure of). I hated volunteering in the hospital because I didn't get any enjoyment out of restocking cabinets which was all I did. I Couldn't even bring someone a glass of water! This is why I decided to to the CNA course so I could do something hands on.
If I don't get a job then I'll either go back to hospital volunteering or finding a doctor to shadow.

I am no a US citizen which of course means that it is more difficult for me to get into a med school and I can't apply to any public schools (hence the throwing darts).

Strengths:
I think I have pretty strong EC's. I'm hoping to at least present a poster with my research and I think my LORs are going to be phenomenal.

My short list of schools:

Reach:
1- Johns Hopkins
2- Dartmouth
3- Penn State
4- Georgetown

Match:
1- Howard
2- Rosalind Franklin

I don't have any safeties because I don't feel like anything is a safety for me. I have a bunch more schools on my list, but I just want some opinions on these. Any tips/advice or other schools I should consider?

Thanks for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you currently applying...?

Why would you need to formulate a school list before you get your MCAT score? Go away and study for the MCAT!! :p