Just to be clear- AAMC/ACOM can't see if you sign up for the MCAT and then cancel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm applying MD/DO this cycle. I took the MCAT today ( I know July is later, I know that i need to pre=write secondaries, submitted primaries to dumper schools, etc.).
I took the MCAT today and it went well, I think it's almost impossible, God Willing, that I not get a DO-only worthy score , at least.

The issue, I suffer from exam anxiety, and I didn't sleep well before the test and had a headache/nausea. I took it because I have had test anxiety my whole life, and it rarely harms my performance on the exam. Rescheduling or taking on a different day would not make me less anxious. I felt sick, but I could think clearly and the test felt like it went well.

The question is, for peace of mind, if I register for an Aug MCAT date, in case I get a sub-DO score and decide I wanna retake and apply DO only, would that be visible to school? Just in case my anxiety ruined my ability to test ( I'm pretty sure it did not, but just in case. Or if some other catastrophe occured.) If I sign up for the date , get my score back before the Bronz deadline, and then cancel the registration, nobody knows, right? I am pretty sure they don't, because even taking the exam and voiding is not visible, but I just want peace of mind before signing up.

Also, how can I see what the deadline to sign up for a certain day is?

Thanks,
-mwsapphre

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody will see if you cancel the registration. There isn't really a deadline that I know of, but the later you wait there may not be an open seat at a testing center near you.