Kansas City University (KCUMB-COB) Discussion Thread 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many graduate students went on to attend KCUMB COM following completion of their masters?

• Total voters
I was complete 1/21 and accepted 3 weeks later
Cool. I've only been waiting for about a week so I'll try to relax lol

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. Does anyone know what day of the week the COB makes their admissions decisions? Just tired of checking my email all the time lol
I think that I got my notification towards the end of the day on Friday... about a week after I completed my application. I hope that helps!

I think that I got my notification towards the end of the day on Friday... about a week after I completed my application. I hope that helps!
It helps a lot. Thank you for your reply. Today makes a week for me so it would be cool if I got an acceptance today.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone going to accepted student's day June 29th? I am out of state and wondering how important it is. any thoughts from past/future students? thanks!

Just accepted as well! Does anyone know how hard it is to get the 3.5? It's upper level classes so I know it can't be easy.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know the start date of the mcat prep course? I know it normally starts in October but since there aren't any early spring dates, like in January, I would hope they would start it earlier so we can take it in September.

I don't think an MCAT course would be all that effective if you're planing on taking it in September?

any suggestions on housing, I'm out of state and just found out that century towers already has a waitlist

Good luck future docs. You chose a good school.

tom10, DO
KCU Class of 2015 ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any suggestions on housing, I'm out of state and just found out that century towers already has a waitlist

I've heard a lot about Bennington Ridge, MAC apartments, and CityView Living apartments. I know for sure Bennington Ridge gives a rent discount for KCU students. Also, the Retreat at Walnut Creek seems to be popular and also gives a discount.

Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate at Century Towers?
I am a girl, looking for a girl roommate! Please let me know :)

Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone needed or knew of someone who needed a roommate for this upcoming year! My friend is a first yr COM student, male, and is living in Century Towers (centro, downtown view, and 463 rent)
Please let me know if you need a roommate or know anyone in need of a roommate!

Thank you!

Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone needed or knew of someone who needed a roommate for this upcoming year! My friend is a first yr COM student, male, and is living in Century Towers (centro, downtown view, and 463 rent)
Please let me know if you need a roommate or know anyone in need of a roommate!

Thank you!
If you're part of the FB group, there are a few different people looking for roommates at CT. You should join if you haven't already.

I wasn't able to make it in town for the Accepted Students Day tomorrow, so hopefully those who go can fill the rest of us in! But I was wondering if we knew about how classes worked? Were they in blocks like in Medical School? Or all at once by semesters?

Speaking of classes, does anyone know if the required textbook list online is accurate? I called the office a month or so ago and they told me to hold off on buying books, but haven't heard any updates in a while.

Hi everyone! I just got accepted into the program! I am excited to start this fall and was looking for a female roommate! Message me if you are interested!

I'm also starting this fall 2015 at KCUMB -COB, and was wondering if anyone has heard what the class schedule will be like? Looking forward to meeting everyone!! :)

hey everyone! just got called off of the wait list.. I was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate or have any leads on where I should look?
Thanks!

hey everyone! just got called off of the wait list.. I was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate or have any leads on where I should look?
Thanks!

Idk if there are roommates looking but CityView has studios and apartments available from like 800 to 1200 a month. Really nice area. If you decide to go there PM me so I can reference you and we both receive money for it lol

Why did you chose to attend KCUMB over other schools? What do you love/ best things about this school?