Kaplan DAT On Demand Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpayne03

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to post my diagnostic score now, and in about 6 weeks, post my final practice exam score. Anyone else who has/is taking the Kaplan DAT course is also welcome to post their results. Also, if you've taken the course AND the DAT, it would be especially interesting to see how the scores correlate!!

AA- 15
PA- 13
Biology- 12
GC- 13
OC- 22
TS- 15
RC- 17
QR- 13 (didnt see the calculator they provided...)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to post my diagnostic score now, and in about 6 weeks, post my final practice exam score. Anyone else who has/is taking the Kaplan DAT course is also welcome to post their results. Also, if you've taken the course AND the DAT, it would be especially interesting to see how the scores correlate!!

AA- 15
PA- 13
Biology- 12
GC- 13
OC- 22
TS- 15
RC- 17
QR- 13 (didnt see the calculator they provided...)

I took the Kaplan course. It had good information, but to be honest a lot of the videos were pointless. I studied it, but then went to DAT destroyer and Chad's videos because they helped me better.

Reactions: 1 user
Full-length 1:

AA- 17
PA-18
Biology-15
GC-15
OC-19
TS-16
RC-19
QR-18

Better AA, so something is helping.
PA increased due to the little tricks they give you. I just need a lot of work on GC and Bio. OC went down possibly due to just forgetting information and little details learned during the rigors of the course. RC about the same. QR went up for me primarily because I actually used the calculator this time:claps:
I'm only going to take one more PT to give me more time to study some of my weaknesses!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely consider utilizing DAT Bootcamp as well. I took the Kaplan course and did alright on my first DAT. Then I used DAT Bootcamp to prepare for my retest and got a 22AA.

I was feelin a little weird when I took my first full length, I'll be taking my second full length tomorrow, I'll keep y'all updated on it.

I'm using Chad's and will be starting destroyer and Bootcamp after my second full length.

Edit: Second full length attached:

Attachments

• Diagnostic.png
    Diagnostic.png
    150 KB · Views: 38
  • Full Length 1.png
    Full Length 1.png
    147 KB · Views: 38
  • Full Length 2.png
    Full Length 2.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Took the Actual dat today. Here are my scores,

QR- 18
RC- 20
Bio- 17
Gen chem- 18
Org- 21
TS- 18
PA- 18
AA- 19

All in all, I didn't finish a few parts of the course, because I ended up spending too much time practicing the parts of the practice tests I had the most trouble with.

Kaplan was ok, but there are other sources I think that do a better job. Kaplans strong point are the practice tests. Those are worth getting Kaplan I'm itself id say.

For biology and gen chem, I think I would have been better off just watching all of khanacademys videos. He's a pretty smart guy. I didn't even study the organic sections of Kaplan, having just took the the class the past year.

The tips they give you in PA are pretty important, but they make their practice problems waaaaaaay too easy. The angles in the dat are nasty.

For QR, I think you're better off just taking the practice test, and studying your weakest links. I didn't really do that and it showed.

The flash cards they give you are extremely helpful.

In all, a good course. I don't think it's worth the money. I think you'd be better off studying your weaknesses using more affordable means. I think I learned more off khan academy in a day than I did off of Kaplan (besides the flash cards) the whole course for gen chem.

QR- 18
RC- 20
Bio- 17
Gen chem- 18
Org- 21
TS- 18
PA- 18
AA- 19

All in all, I didn't finish a few parts of the course, because I ended up spending too much time practicing the parts of the practice tests I had the most trouble with.

Kaplan was ok, but there are other sources I think that do a better job. Kaplans strong point are the practice tests. Those are worth getting Kaplan I'm itself id say.

For biology and gen chem, I think I would have been better off just watching all of khanacademys videos. He's a pretty smart guy. I didn't even study the organic sections of Kaplan, having just took the the class the past year.

The tips they give you in PA are pretty important, but they make their practice problems waaaaaaay too easy. The angles in the dat are nasty.

For QR, I think you're better off just taking the practice test, and studying your weakest links. I didn't really do that and it showed.

In all, a good course. I don't think it's worth the money. I think you'd be better off studying your weaknesses using more affordable means. I think I learned more off khan academy in a day than I did off of Kaplan (besides the flash cards) the whole course for gen chem.

Can you reply with your full length 2-5 scores?
Did you use any other resource other than Kaplan and KhansAcademy?

QR- 18
RC- 20
Bio- 17
Gen chem- 18
Org- 21
TS- 18
PA- 18
AA- 19

How much time in total would you say you studied? What did your typical day of studying consist of?

I am in the online version of this class now with just the last class left and only two weeks till test day.

Can you reply with your full length 2-5 scores?
Did you use any other resource other than Kaplan and KhansAcademy?

How much time in total would you say you studied? What did your typical day of studying consist of?

I am in the online version of this class now with just the last class left and only two weeks till test day.

No, just those two. For two months I averaged 4 days a week for about 2 hours on average each day. At first I just made my way through the course. Then I started reviewing the flash cards and taking practice tests once I knew I wouldn't finish it all. The last couple days before the test I reviewed some Kaplan videos. I probably didn't put in as much effort as I should've.

Reactions: 1 users