Keeping Eachother Updated: 2008-2009 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG!!!:eek:

K-State: received a postcard in the mail saying my app was complete a few days after the deadline. It even made it to my new address in the country. Then (drum roll please) I received an e-mail invite on 11/5 to interview 12/20!!! :love: It said to call back and confirm you would like to be interviewed, well duh! Man that makes all of the hard work worth it. I wonder what getting accepted feels like (fingers crossed).:rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! I remember that feeling!! Good luck!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

do you happen to know if Kansas evaluates/interviews in-states before out of states? I applied there OOS, and haven't heard anything since the complete app post card. :scared: then again, they sent the post card to my permanent address at my parents house- so maybe I should check with them to make sure I don't have something else!

My interview invite came to my e-mail address, hotmail rocks! I accidentally opened it up at work and nearly had a stroke.

From what I have been told is all interviews are done the same weekend. OOS folks get a pizza party. I haven't heard if IS get to attend. I was just told to be sure to arrive 30 minutes prior. My guess on this and that is all it is... OOS invites will come out later. However, they sure need to come out soon! I also noticed someone posted that interviews will be in mid-January so maybe they are doing two batches this year. Sorry I am really no help.

BTW - my postcard went to my permanent address but invite was sent via e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you happen to know if Kansas evaluates/interviews in-states before out of states? I applied there OOS, and haven't heard anything since the complete app post card. :scared: then again, they sent the post card to my permanent address at my parents house- so maybe I should check with them to make sure I don't have something else!

I also applied there OOS and have yet to hear anything so your not alone there. I'm pretty sure they interviewed in two batches last year so they may be doing the same this time.
Best of luck :luck: and Congrats to DrKsomeday on getting an interview :thumbup:

Pupsforseeing: I'm confused. I was perusing the accepted-stats page from 2012 and it looks like you got into Davis:

Applied: Davis (IS), Penn, CSU, Purdue, WSU
Accepted: Penn, Davis
Interviews: Purdue and WSU (turned down both)
Rejected: CSU

So they didn't grant you a deferral? crazy Davis! Even if that's the case, how can you be worried? Your experiences have only gotten better!

I also just have to laugh about a comment you made:
having all my eggs in one basket thing makes me overly anxious about any communication from them.

You've already got guaranteed admission to Penn, so I don't think you can call that "all your eggs in one basket." More like one egg in a basket and the other one in a safe deposit box at a Swiss bank!

Last edited:
I guess DrKsomeday should start this years interview invite thread.

Congrats!

Today I received an interview invite for A&M! Whoooooop!!

Edit: Oh and in the excitement I started the interview thread before noticing I wasn't the first interview. My bad lol.

Last edited:

I interviewed there last year OOS the first weekend in January. I got an interview invite via email in mid-late November. I think they had 3 or 4 weekends FULL of interviews for OOS students in January. All day Saturday and Sunday... And they did them in alphabetical order (and I think they probably sent the interview invites out in that order too). It was a great weekend and everyone was so friendly and welcoming... they convinced me that I wanted to go there. Acceptance in the first week of February.

Anyways, no guarantee that it will run the same way this year... Good luck everyone!

Today I received an interview invite for A&M! Whoooooop!!

Edit: Oh and in the excitement I started the interview thread before noticing I wasn't the first interview. My bad lol.

Congratulations!! Yay for 2nd time applicants (right?)! :D

DrKsomeday was being shy about it anyway so someone needed to start!

UC Davis: I just got an email saying my application is complete. YAY! Now the waiting game officially begins.

Pupsforseeing: I'm confused. I was perusing the accepted-stats page from 2012 and it looks like you got into Davis.

So they didn't grant you a deferral? crazy Davis! Even if that's the case, how can you be worried? Your experiences have only gotten better!

You've already got guaranteed admission to Penn, so I don't think you can call that "all your eggs in one basket." More like one egg in a basket and the other one in a safe deposit box at a Swiss bank!

davis only grants medical deferals. so, i have to re-apply and am not promised anything. i did undergrad in p.a., but after living life this year in sunny (and HOT) mexico, i can't imagine moving back to cold country (it's currently 90 degrees here and there are 2 feet of snow at my college in p.a.)...not to mention having to pay out-of-state tuition. but, beggars can't be choosers and if i don't get into davis this year, i have no one to blame but myself. so, i will happily go to penn without complaint :)

I applied OOS to Kansas and haven't heard anything either.

Open an email invitation for an interview to IOWA!!!!!!woohoooooo! Got the email at 5pm today. I can not believe it! I thought it was just another, "we need your transcripts from blaa blaaa blaa", then I opened it and WHAM!

Last edited:
CONGRATS! I think if I got an interview email I'd either have tears of joy or fall over and die due to complete shock. I'd feel like I was having one of those outer body experiences, and make everyone pinch me to see if it were real. You'll do great. Just be yourself and research the school thoroughly before interviewing. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow, LVT2DVM, congratulations!!! I know you've been working long and hard towards getting in, so I'm hoping this is your year!

Congratulations!! Yay for 2nd time applicants (right?)! :D DrKsomeday was being shy about it anyway so someone needed to start!

Yep, a little shy but mostly still in shock. I keep thinking it's a dream and the ADCOM police will come snatch it back in a retraction e-mail. Third time application, long story.

DreamcomeTrue your post cracked me up!

LVT2DVM :soexcited:So freaking happy for you!!! Yea, for us non-traditional types. That is awesome. I am still hoping to hear from Iowa too. Maybe next year we will be, gasp I say in class together!

I am another OOS KSU applicant but haven't heard anything since the initial postcard either.

LVT2DVM - So excited for you! Keep 'em coming!

K State: post card saying they had everything, kind of nervous that nothing else has come in but I'm OOS sooo...maybe soon?

CSU: email telling me everything was complete.

OkSU: nothing

LSU: emails that scared me to death and only to find out I had everything in :p

and finally

A&M: invite for interview on 12/01 :D which means I need to go suit shopping really really soon

K State: post card saying they had everything, kind of nervous that nothing else has come in but I'm OOS sooo...maybe soon?

CSU: email telling me everything was complete.

OkSU: nothing

LSU: emails that scared me to death and only to find out I had everything in :p

and finally

A&M: invite for interview on 12/01 :D which means I need to go suit shopping really really soon

Does that mean it's time for the "Oh no, what do I wear?" thread? :D We're an obsessive lot, 'tis true.

It's almost like we FIND things to obsess over...

But I am going to blame that on work. I don't think there is anything more likely to make someone OCD than hand-washing in a hospital!

I don't think there is anything more likely to make someone OCD than hand-washing in a hospital!

funny-pictures-say-ocd-liek-its-a-bad-thing

I just got an email from Tufts saying that tentative interview dates would be
Dec 19 and Feb 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 and invites would come a few weeks beforehand through U.S. Mail.

Opening these emails makes me so nervous and then when I open them I still don't know if I got an interview or not. Grrrr....:oops:

Opening these emails makes me so nervous and then when I open them I still don't know if I got an interview or not. Grrrr....:oops:

For real... why do they keep emailing me when i'm trying to stay distracted and not think about it? strains my nerves.

Question: what's up with that early interview date in december? anyone know? is that date for kids who currently attend tufts? is it for extra-special super-smarty kids? is it just randomly extra-early? it's out of place. i need a rational reason.

They freaked me out too!

Maybe the early date is for IS interviews?

It doesn't help that it says in big bold letters:

THIS INTERVIEW LETTER WILL ARRIVE VIA U.S. MAIL RATHER THAN BEING POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE.

For a split second I got a huuuge surge of epi, thinking that it was an interview invite until I read the text above it. :rolleyes:

Just cruel. :p

I was guessing that the early date was for people who applied to combined programs (DVM/PhD etc.). But I really have no idea...

From the interview acceptance thread, looks like primarily OOSers were invited for interviews at Tufts for Dec 19th...

Wow....reading all of these posts takes me back to when I applied to 11 different veterinary schools. I feel all of your pain and I have a few friends going through exactly this right now.

I want to know I wish all of you luck all the way across the world. I know I have not posted in awhile. But good luck anyway!!!!

Has anyone heard anything from either Penn or VMRCVM??

I got a letter from Penn saying I needed to send in the supplemental card thingy, but I called admissions and they said that they had already recieved it and that it just hadn't been filed yet, phew! and thank goodness i didnt have to send another $60 fee

havent heard anything from VMRCVM yet...

I'm getting a little antsy :oops:

Haven't heard a peep from VMRCVM! Just received one email from Penn letting me know that they had everything.

I already received a rejection letter from VMRCVM on Nov. 21ish. So hope that you don't get a letter from them this early. Oh well, I also applied to 16 other schools. I hope to remain hopeful.:)

I already received a rejection letter from VMRCVM on Nov. 21ish. So hope that you don't get a letter from them this early. Oh well, I also applied to 16 other schools. I hope to remain hopeful.:)

Sorry to hear the pitbull lover. Good luck with the other schools.:thumbup:

Received an e-mail today from Minnesota that says we will be hearing from them in mid-January!

Got one too--on Saturday. :( Boo, hiss!

Got one too--on Saturday. :( Boo, hiss!

Sorry guys. :( I feel for you as though it were my own rejection letter! (I didn't apply to Va-Md but almost did) Focus on the other schools and stay positive! I'm currently pretending Iowa doesn't exist since I didn't get an invite yet. :laugh:

I also got my rejection letter from VMRCVM about a week ago but I'm not too devastatated, there's still plenty of time and plenty of schools lef to hear from.

Good Luck to everyone! I so remember checking sdn several times a day from about this time until spring - looking for any news or updates.

I can tell you that when (& I do me when) you get in you will find it so worth it - even with all of the angst now followed by the hard work later! Enjoy!

Received a thanks but no thanks letter from VA-MD, and an email from Washington State saying they were missing a transcript. I called the contact person and she said they are starting to go through the applications!

I hadn't heard anything from Purdue, so I called them to make sure that they had all of my application materials. She said that they did, and that the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, and that I should hear something next week :)

I hadn't heard anything from Purdue, so I called them to make sure that they had all of my application materials. She said that they did, and that the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow, and that I should hear something next week :)

Thanks for that update, I was wondering what was up with Purdue.

I just got a letter from Purdue saying I made their first cut. They don't announce who gets interviews until mid to late January... but hey, I'm one step closer!

Congrats elefante!

Last edited:
Received a thanks but no thanks letter from VA-MD, and an email from Washington State saying they were missing a transcript. I called the contact person and she said they are starting to go through the applications!

FYI for CBRGrl (and other WSU'ers) I talked to Dr. Talcott yesterday and she was going through your apps. Also heard they are trying to get invites out a little earlier than last year but it may end up being the same dates if they can't get everyone compiled on time.

Got an email from KSU...

"At this time we have selected and scheduled applicants for interviews for the Class of 2013. Please be aware that although you were not selected for an interview at this time, the application cycle is not complete until we have filled our class. Therefore, we will keep your file active should our admissions committee wish to interview more applicants at a later time.
You will receive a final email from us regarding your application status during late spring."

Does this mean, I could be offered a waitlist position, or do you only get on the waitlist if your interviewed?

wow, what a tease.

sounds like if they don't like enough of the people they selected for first round (i.e. don't fill their class with interviewees), they'll go back to the people they sent that blue-balling letter to and ask them to come in for an interview. no, i don't think you'll get waitlisted without an interview. your next letter will either be an interview invite or a rejection. they're just covering their own butts in case they need to fill the class later.

sounds a little reminiscent of cornell's, "oh, we sent you a rejection letter already, but we were just kidding. care to join us?" letters last year.

sounds a little reminiscent of cornell's, "oh, we sent you a rejection letter already, but we were just kidding. care to join us?" letters last year.
Really?? Wow, I bet a whole lot of people were very upset if they had already made other plans. Did they just get a lot of people who declined acceptances??

Really?? Wow, I bet a whole lot of people were very upset if they had already made other plans. Did they just get a lot of people who declined acceptances??

i guess so! schools usually over-accept in order to account for those that will decline; so to go through their over-acceptances, their waitlist, and into their rejecteds?? yikes.

i guess so! schools usually over-accept in order to account for those that will decline; so to go through their over-acceptances, their waitlist, and into their rejecteds?? yikes.

I was already kicking myself for not applying to Cornell... now I'm REALLY kicking myself! haha