Knowing what you know now....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10Toes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What factors should be most important in choosing a Podiatry school?

Members don't see this ad.

What factors should be most important in choosing a Podiatry school?
Cost
If you are smart you will not be part of attrition
If you are smart and not a jerk you will get a good residency.
You will like any location. You will be so immersed in studying and having fun meeting new people and having incredible experiences that you will like any location.
You have no idea the impact this debt will take on in your future. Whoever offers the most scholarships combined with cost of living and tuition is the way to go. Hands down don't think twice.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cost
If you are smart you will not be part of attrition

If you are smart and not a jerk you will get a good residency.
You will like any location. You will be so immersed in studying and having fun meeting new people and having incredible experiences that you will like any location.
You have no idea the impact this debt will take on in your future. Whoever offers the most scholarships combined with cost of living and tuition is the way to go. Hands down don't think twice.
Cost was a large part of my decision making process. Keep your head down, work hard, excel in your studies, be teachable and receptive on rotations and you will do fine.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with airbud, however i had the best 4 years of my LIFE in pod school partly because i got very lucky with my classmates but also partly because philly was awesome. worth the extra few thou to enjoy my youth? IMO yes- but it was a lot more than other schools

Reactions: 1 user
Location...especially if you know where you want to end up. Same goes for residency. I am an attending at a big residency program.

Even accounting for the cost differences in the tuitions, I think it’s worth going where you want to end up because you can network with locals, you can save on externship travel and lodging costs if you do most of your externships close by and interview travel and lodging costs for residency programs.

We’ve had a lot of out-of-state residents that want to end up working back home and wind up having to fly back home multiple times for interviews with docs for jobs. All in all don’t drive yourself crazy doing all the pros and cons because you won’t know them upfront.