KU Class of 2016 Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to the Dean I interviewed with it will be a hard copy in the mail only.

I was told the same thing....well they never said and email wont be sent, they just never mentioned emails.

Members don't see this ad.

One of my friends talked to a dean this morning and they are going to start sending letters out next week.

I was one of the people that had the interview yesterday (Thursday 05 April). I was told that they are going to start sending out campus assignments/acceptances no later than 15 April, so I am positive that letters are being sent out as we speak and next week as well. Good luck to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting extremely anxious. Thanks to everyone for posting the info that they hear, and please let us know if you receive anything in the mail! Best of luck to everyone!

I was one of the people that had the interview yesterday (Thursday 05 April). I was told that they are going to start sending out campus assignments/acceptances no later than 15 April, so I am positive that letters are being sent out as we speak and next week as well. Good luck to everyone! :)

I have a friend that interviewed on Thur also. The dean told her the same thing. Sounds like we only have a few more days of waiting left... :D

Last edited:
okay sooooo... 5 days and counting? :)

But last year, they sent email.
I just called the admission office.They said the committee is going to meet today.
So tired of waiting

This is so nerve-wrecking. I was told that they are not going to do emails this year, but I wish that they did!

I called yesterday. The committee met on Monday and all the acceptances, waitlists and campus assignments will be sent out this week or beginning of next week at the latest.

There will be no emails so keep checking your mailbox...

Did they tell you if they already have sent/mailed out the letters or are they in the process of sending them out?

I called yesterday. The committee met on Monday and all the acceptances, waitlists and campus assignments will be sent out this week or beginning of next week at the latest.

There will be no emails so keep checking your mailbox...

GOOD LUCK to everyone!!!!

Did they tell you if they already have sent/mailed out the letters or are they in the process of sending them out?

In the process. They said "worst case" they would all be mailed out by the beginning of next week. So maybe some of us will get something in the next couple of days...

Members don't see this ad :)
They first letters already got out !!!! I just called the admission

Sorry, I mean
THE first letters already got out !!!!

Did they say when the letters were mailed? I am trying to anticipate how long it would take a letter to get to Olathe.

Did they say when the letters were mailed? I am trying to anticipate how long it would take a letter to get to Olathe.

No they didn't say when the letters were mailed.

Remember, it will most likely take at least a day for the letters to even get off campus. Usually, the mail is put into the intracampus distribution, then it goes to the campus post office where they are ran through the meter and then they finally make it to the USPS. That is unless the pharmacy school personally meters them and takes them to the campus post office for USPS to pick up.

I guess all I am saying is that if you dont get a letter for a couple of days, dont read anything into it...

Hey guys, just joined the forum today. (Joined because I was anxious about getting a letter and tried to see if a facebook group had been set up for accepted students yet and it brought me here. Haha!)
I also applied to KU pharm this year and my interview date was 3/15
I just wanted to add that everyone should check all possible mailboxes. For example if you're doing pre-pharm in Lawrence right now but you list your parents' house as the primary/perm address, you should still check the Lawrence mailbox! My boyfriend got accepted last year but the letter had been sitting in his Lawrence mailbox for a couple of days.

I can't stand the wait! Everyone at my pharmacy keeps asking me when I'll be the next intern. :scared:

Hey everyone. I have been checking my admission status on the KU website for a long time, and it has previously said "Deferred Decision" under the heading of School of Pharmacy. Today when I checked, it said "Admit", updated 4/12/12, and "Admitted to Professional School", 4/12/12. Anybody know if that means anything? Everybody go check your statuses on the KU website!

Hey everyone. I have been checking my admission status on the KU website for a long time, and it has previously said "Deferred Decision" under the heading of School of Pharmacy. Today when I checked, it said "Admit", updated 4/12/12, and "Admitted to Professional School", 4/12/12. Anybody know if that means anything? Everybody go check your statuses on the KU website!

Thats an interesting observation. Hopefully that means something good!!

After you go to link and enter your request to Check Status, scroll down to the table with the heading "Applications Submitted." Then, on the left side of the table under "Academic Program (School)" it says "School of Pharmacy".

I will change it later. I think the admissions status may be misleading for some...are you a transfer student or at KU already? It may change the status based on when you applied or requested to change schools. I am really nervous now after looking at my status...it just says "changed schools" under school of pharmacy...I don't know what that means. I am a readmitted student to KU this semester and a transfer student. So I am just waiting for a letter I guess. It is unfortunate they don't e-mail anymore.

After you go to link and enter your request to Check Status, scroll down to the table with the heading "Applications Submitted." Then, on the left side of the table under "Academic Program (School)" it says "School of Pharmacy".
Actually on my page, under "Academic Program (school)" "Pharmacy school" is not even showing up. So I just have to wait.

Actually on my page, under "Academic Program (school)" "Pharmacy school" is not even showing up. So I just have to wait.
Pharmacy school is not showing up on mine either. I am also a readmitted student this semester. I guess we will have to wait just a little while longer.

I am a readmitted student and a transfer student as well. My status still says "Defered Decision" and has been that status since December. Bellalynn, do you currently attend KU?

I just called the admissions office and the first round of letters were sent out today. They send them out in groups each day at a time. So the first group should get them tomorrow. And they are going to continue to send them out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Incredibly annoying. I wish they would just tell us the truth when we ask instead of sugar-coating it/stringing us along. And now it appears that they will also have lied when they reiterated that "admitted applicants will be notified by not later than April 15 and possibly sooner."

Mine still says decision deferred under the SoP :( ::sigh:: Bellalyn I'd say that means you are in...

The admission site updates around 11pm every night. I don't know if it will on a Friday night...but that is normally when they update. If the theory is that they are still sending out letters everyday through next Monday/Tuesday than perhaps the same will be the case with the online status. I am just anxious to hear back from them so I can make plans for the next year...Good luck everyone.

I will change it later. I think the admissions status may be misleading for some...are you a transfer student or at KU already? It may change the status based on when you applied or requested to change schools. I am really nervous now after looking at my status...it just says "changed schools" under school of pharmacy...I don't know what that means. I am a readmitted student to KU this semester and a transfer student. So I am just waiting for a letter I guess. It is unfortunate they don't e-mail anymore.

HEY!!!! I am getting confused? I thought I was getting schizophrenia. I am glad I that I am OK... Or am I??? :scared:

Remember the first rule of fight club...It seems that you may have created another version of yourself to cope with the anxiety of waiting for your letter...

you and me both Kansas Pharmer... its agonizing but I guess its worth it, right? :/

you and me both Kansas Pharmer... its agonizing but I guess its worth it, right? :/

Its only worth it if you get accepted. Otherwise it was just a bunch of anxiety to just wait another year and try again... :(

Ok everyone, mine said deferred decision for awhile now. Its updated for april 13th....and mine says admit under school of pharmacy...and admitted to professional school! Check the website!!

Were you already enrolled at KU or are readmitted/transfer?
Because I'm already a student here. When I search my stuff up it says nothing can be found. :(

Im from KSU....
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Undergraduate) Admitted to Professional Schl 04/13/12
School of Pharmacy PharmacyPD Admit 04/13/12
thats what mine says

Me too!!!!! Updated 4/13. Now says pre-pharm: admitted to prof school. SoP: admit!

I also am a student elsewhere so I am considered a "transfer" by their standards.

Me too!!!!! Updated 4/13. Now says pre-pharm: admitted to prof school. SoP: admit!

I also am a student elsewhere so I am considered a "transfer" by their standards.

Lorek, lets party! haha congrats!!

When you guys filled out the application for admission, which semester did you put in? When I check my status, it says transfer admit pre-pharm for spring semester. I wonder if they have something screwed on my file at admissions?

I didnt think so. I applied way back in Oct so maybe they thought I meant Spring?

The transfer students have an advantage bc their application was pending, So readmitted and current students have to be patient. CONGRATS to those of you who have gotten this info today and tonight! I'm sure a few more will see it in the morning when they check. For the rest of us..let's just look forward to checking the mail 20 times next week!!!

I didnt think so. I applied way back in Oct so maybe they thought I meant Spring?

I also applied for the spring as a transfer student...I am taking two classes at KU now..so I became a readmitted/current student and had to fill out a change of schools form. I like to make things complicated. I am just happy I got to interview...I am staying positive and looking forward to moving my family back to Lawrence. :confused::scared::D

Did you finish your prereqs?
I think if you didn't finish your prereqs and if they are waiting for spring and summer transcript the thing say "defer decision"