KU Class of 2016 Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you finish your prereqs?
I think if you didn't finish your prereqs and if they are waiting for spring and summer transcript the thing say "defer decision"

No, I am actually a 2006 bio grad who had to go take a year of silly intro level prereqs and I am finishing that this May. I think it will probably process in batches on the ku website as they send out letters. Don't you guys worry! Anyhow it's all speculation. We all need to check our mail this coming week to see. My name is early in the alphabet too. Maybe they process by name so it might be another day or two while they get to yours! Stay positive guys and gals :)

Members don't see this ad.

Finally! The wait is over. I received my acceptance letter in the mail today. Good luck everyone. You should have your letters anytime!

Congrats, KSPharmGirl!! :)

Nothing in the mail for me today, but I am wondering if they are going in alphabetical order as far as sending the letters out.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL i missed this earlier! :) Party ON!!!! :)

so anyone want to start a FB page now?

I think you should start a Facebook page.....hopefully some of us that hasn't heard anything yet can be added later

I think you should start a Facebook page.....hopefully some of us that hasn't heard anything yet can be added later

Well, we'll make a deal... I still don't believe it till I have a piece of paper in my hand. But if I do and no one has... I will go make one for sure :) And I still have faith that if you all care enough to be on here, you will make it in :)

I live in Lawrence, so it didn't have far to go:) I'm sure yours is coming soon.

Congratulations, KS PharmGirl! I also received my letter in the mail today (for Wichita)!

I can tell you that my last name starts with a letter towards the middle of the alphabet, so I'm not positive about the alphabetical order idea. However, I can also tell you that my status on the admissions page still says "Defer Decision," so don't let your current status get you down. I'm also in Overland Park, so the letter didn't have far to travel.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to meet those of you going to Wichita!

YES!!! Let's post our campus assignments when we know! great idea!!!

Congrats, AppleSquire!! :)

Also, Lorek posted a great comment. Please make sure to post the campus assignments when we receive the letters.

I am happy that people have started receiving their letters.

Congrats everyone! I also received my letter today. I'll be in Lawrence next year!

Hi everyone. I had my interview on March 24. Has anyone received their acceptance letter yet? Those that gotten interviewed on the 24th? And congrats to those that got their letter today :) best of luck of the rest of us!!!

For those that got their letter today. When was your interview date? I wonder if they'd sent them out base on interview week

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I had my interview on March 24. Has anyone received their acceptance letter yet? Those that gotten interviewed on the 24th? And congrats to those that got their letter today :) best of luck of the rest of us!!!

Best of luck ***to***

For those that got their letter today. When was your interview date? I wonder if they'd sent them out base on interview week

My interview was on Tuesday, March 6, but I don't know if that was a factor or not. Best of luck!

Congrats to prepharm38, AppleSquire, and KSPharmGirl. :clap:

It sucks that I havent gotten a letter yet but I am sure glad some people have. Hopefully, the rest of us only have a few more days to wait... :xf:

My interview was March 14th and I haven't received anything yet. I'm getting kind of worried, I seem to be the only one at KU who hasn't gotten a letter yet! Congrats to all of you that have though!

Last edited:
KUPharm, there are a lot of us that haven't received a letter yet. I understand how you feel, and hopefully we will all receive a letter this week.

I called the pharmacy office and asked about the status on the website, because mine said deferred decision, then it said admit(and i still had no letter). She asked for my name and told me that I got accepted! :) Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to the others waiting to hear back!! Kkeep checking the mail! lol

I called the pharmacy office and asked about the status on the website, because mine said deferred decision, then it said admit(and i still had no letter). She asked for my name and told me that I got accepted! :) Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to the others waiting to hear back!! Kkeep checking the mail! lol

Hi guys, I called the pharmacy office and asked them if I am admitted. She asked for my name and told me that I got accepted!!!
I AM IN!!!!!!!!
She also told me that they sent my letter last Friday. But I do not get the letter yet. So don't get discourage guys.
Good luck to everyone. I hope to see you all at Lawrence next Fall.
I AM IN !!!!!!!
I AM IN !!!!!!

Congrats everyone! Just called and she said I was accepted! :soexcited:
Still no letter yet though...

Does KU conduct rolling admissions? Do they send out acceptance letters based on when you interviewed? I called today and I was told that they have not made a decision on me yet and I interviewed the last interview day (05 April 2012). I am just noticing how people who interviewed early are getting their letters.

I have a friend that interviewed on Thur also. The dean told her the same thing. Sounds like we only have a few more days of waiting left... :D

Do you know if your friend from this interview date has heard anything yet?

Got an email at 1:20 p.m today saying: "Before I can admit you to the School of Pharmacy, you will need to go online to http://admissions.ku.edu/apply/apps/readmits.shtml and apply for readmission into KU for the fall 2012 term for pharmacy."

I responded and asked if that meant I was in, and they said yes. They won't mail my letter until I finish that form though. Not sure why I am a "readmission" student, considering I have never attended KU before. Oh well.

Just FYI, my interview date was 3/24 and my last name starts with "E". Trying to figure out if there is a correlation to either of those, or if they are sending out invites based on order of applicant rank. I will be at the Lawrence campus.

Best of luck to everyone else and keep checking your mail!

Also, can someone start a Class of 2016 facebook page!?! I am still deciding where I'm going to attend this fall, so I don't want to start it and then have to bail. Thanks.

Do you know if your friend from this interview date has heard anything yet?

Not as of our test at 10:20 this morning. But, I will not see her again until lecture on Wed. I will ask though...

YES!!!! I got my letter today too!!!! I have to call and clear some things up but I'M IN!!!!!!!

and yes... as promised i'll see if i can start the FB page tomorrow morning

YES!!!! I got my letter today too!!!! I have to call and clear some things up but I'M IN!!!!!!!

and yes... as promised i'll see if i can start the FB page tomorrow morning

Clear some things up? Do you have a screwup over at admissions also? I have to fix some paperwork with the main campus...

Are lots of you guys having to re-do the application to the main school? I thought I had done it properly, but they are making me do it again before I can receive my letter.

Okay I created a closed group but it seems we have to be friends for me to add you then you can add anyone else you know. if you want to private message me your email addy for FB i'll friend you and add you to the group. I don't want to post my stuff here on the public forum ;)

No... mine involves my non traditional undergrad school and some classes. :(

Are lots of you guys having to re-do the application to the main school? I thought I had done it properly, but they are making me do it again before I can receive my letter.

I dont think the school screwed mine up. I just get a fleeting case of the ******* sometimes... :smuggrin:

One more Wichita Campus Class of 2016 student checking in! Found out just yesterday, and I've been busy running about trying to tie up what loose ends remain.

To that end, I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced an issue like mine. KU's acceptance letter indicates that they do not think I have completed English 101. I have. I took 101 during high school as part of a concurrent education program through both Goddard high school and WSU. In addition, because I scored a 34 on the English portion of my ACT, WSU waved the fee for the credits. I suspect the problem is due to the fee-wavey trick WSU pulled, but I admit I am at a loss. Any suggestions on how to approach this silliness?

I received my letter yesterday for the Lawrence campus:soexcited:

One more Wichita Campus Class of 2016 student checking in! Found out just yesterday, and I've been busy running about trying to tie up what loose ends remain.

To that end, I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced an issue like mine. KU's acceptance letter indicates that they do not think I have completed English 101. I have. I took 101 during high school as part of a concurrent education program through both Goddard high school and WSU. In addition, because I scored a 34 on the English portion of my ACT, WSU waved the fee for the credits. I suspect the problem is due to the fee-wavey trick WSU pulled, but I admit I am at a loss. Any suggestions on how to approach this silliness?

It looks like you're going to have to re-take that class but don't freak out...I'm pretty sure the policy at KU is you have to have it done either at the end of your 3P or 4P year.

Hey all of you who got accepted into the Wichita Campus... how do you feel about the satellite classrooms? Do you think it will make things more difficult?

I attended UMKC School of Pharmacy for a year and they had satellite classrooms. It is really not all that bad. The only thing is that if the professor is not in Wichita, you have to make sure that you speak up in the microphones so that the other campus can hear you. There is a person that is controlling the monitors, audio, etc. It is not bad at all...I promise.

Hey all of you who got accepted into the Wichita Campus... how do you feel about the satellite classrooms? Do you think it will make things more difficult?

There may be some added difficulty, such as having a harder time reaching professors during off hours, but I think that KU has an interest in seeing this little satellite project succeed, and that we will therefore see the professors and staff put in an extra effort to be accessible and easy to work with despite the distance. In any event, I believe it will be well worth any added hardship to stay in Wichita where I already have a home and job.

I think that once we get used to the initial weirdness of being so removed from the live class, we'll view it as no more inconvenient than talking to someone on the phone vs. in person.

I have heard though speaking to students who are on the main campus and by speaking to students in the salina KU med school satellite campus (same idea) that the students on satellite campus' tend to get better grades. I also asked the dean i interviewed with and they said they are very open about meeting with students on both campus' through email (preferably) or on the phone if necessary. they said most of their offices aren't on the Lawrence campus either so reaching them isn't any easier. :) hope that helps!

Facebook group

You don't have to be invited to join the facebook group. Just search "KU Pharmacy 2016" and you should be able to find it. Then click "ask to join"!

Anxious to see who all has been accepted.

I have heard though speaking to students who are on the main campus and by speaking to students in the salina KU med school satellite campus (same idea) that the students on satellite campus' tend to get better grades. I also asked the dean i interviewed with and they said they are very open about meeting with students on both campus' through email (preferably) or on the phone if necessary. they said most of their offices aren't on the Lawrence campus either so reaching them isn't any easier. :) hope that helps!
Most communication is done through email. Also keep in mind that there are only 20 students on the satellite pharmacy campus for KU while there are 150 in Lawrence so the sample size of the averages are a bit different....

Facebook group

You don't have to be invited to join the facebook group. Just search "KU Pharmacy 2016" and you should be able to find it. Then click "ask to join"!

I did not realize you could do that! That is awesome! This is my first attempt at making a group :)

Facebook group

Hi, I sent a request to join the Facebook page

My interview was 3/24 and I still have not heard anything either way. I called and was told they had not made a decision on me yet. What does that mean? If i'm on the waiting list couldn't they just say that. It would be so much less frustrating!!!

My interview was 3/24 and I still have not heard anything either way. I called and was told they had not made a decision on me yet. What does that mean? If i'm on the waiting list couldn't they just say that. It would be so much less frustrating!!!

I understand you but be patient. You will know soon. Don’t forget that some of us went to the interview early March, and we wait a month and half to get the famous letter. I hope you get the answer soon. Best luck for everyone who is waiting.

I think the rejection process has started. So everyone should start hearing very soon. A friend of mine just got his rejection letter today. I received a letter yesterday saying I was placed on the waiting list. So I'm eagerly waiting and hoping that enough people decline the invitation. Hoping for the best!

Yeah I just got my letter today. I'm on the waiting list too.