KYCOM vs LUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melo00

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I was recently accepted to both KYCOM's and LUCOM's class of 2026 and need help deciding whether to pay the deposit for both schools. As KYCOM is a more established school, I feel as if the school would have better residency match potential than a newer school like LUCOM. I don't really know too much about how the clinical rotations are but from what I've heard both schools have decent rotations with KYCOM having more stable ones. Tuition is about the same, with KYCOM giving its students equipment such as an OMM table and an iPad. As someone who is interested in going into anesthesia (which def might change once rotations come around), which school would give me the best chance in matching? Obv it all depends on me and how hard I work in terms of getting volunteer experiences, research, and good board scores but school-wise, which would be better? Any help would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance! I attend LUCOM and love it. Both schools match a few anesthesia every year so I'd say they're similar. Probably depends what your interview day was like at each school. People here seem pretty happy overall and Lynchburg is a nicer/bigger city than Pikeville. One thing I will say about LUCOM is you will get a lot of hands on experience if you're interested in procedural specialties